IllinoisLoyalty.com Forums > Thread: Improvements for 2013 Football Team

View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2013, 09:54 AM   #8
illinifan4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilThorpe View Post
do you really think more students would come if free?

my experience , sometimes, with items being free is that they become so devalued, that they are no longer respected.

$15 cost for a student ticket is a fairly common price. Are ours much different than that? Is making them , say $5, really going bring more students out? I maintain you need a fun experience at the event to draw people -- a fun pre & post game and an exciting team to watch and you will draw many. Until the team is exciting, work on the pre and post game and other little things that are fun during breaks.

Thomas needs to put a committee together to get ideas from across the land. I offer my services to write such a report. I just need my expenses covered.
Tickets are $99 for the student vouchers and $139 for block-I. Block-I gets you tailgates before games, a tshirt, different events during the week, chance to go on a roadtrip(was ohio state this past year), and most importantly for some people Illini Pride membership which is required for Orange Krush. It has been my experience that a lot of students don't go because they think we are going to lose, or because they don't feel like football games are that fun. There are plenty of students who get tickets and just never use them so I don't think lowering the price will actually get more students in the seats.
illinifan4249 is offline Reply With Quote
IllinoisLoyalty.com Forums