IllinoisLoyalty.com Forums > Thread: Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2012-March 2013)

View Single Post
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:25 PM   #4413
Kramer116
Just finished watching the Simeon game I had recorded, some thoughts:

* LOL at all of you who were ripping Jabari Parker and did not think he was a top player etc. He was simply dominant today and is finally getting back into shape. He is a big time player and going to be really good for Duke.

* Kendall Pollard is a really solid player, great get for Dayton. He is so tough, hard nosed and aggressive. Very strong player, I like what he does out there.

* You can see the skillset of D.J. Williams. Such a smooth jumper, he is going to be a good one and he has great size for a wing.

* R.J. Currington, who we were recruiting a bit under the old staff, is a very good shooter too and I think he will end up at a high major eventually. He is from Indiana originally iirc.

Now on to our commits:

* Jaylon Tate was very impressive out there. He does a great job finding his teammates, has plus vision imo. He is also extremely quick out there both in driving past his man with a quick first step and on the defensive end pressuring his guy and cutting him off when he gets beat initially or off the screen and roll. He still needs to keep working on his shot, and may never be a really good shooter, but I really like what he brings as a PG. He just needs to be careful about the careless passes that he can get away with in HS sometimes. Needs to get stronger too obviously.

* Was very impressed with Kendrick Nunn as well. He is so explosive, has a quick first step and great quickness laterally, very fast one end to the other. He has such a soft jump shot, but he is off balance a lot it seems. I still don't get how he is so streaky with that soft touch. I am excited to see him with a summer working with the staff. I love how aggressive he is getting to the basket and how he really finishes when he gets there. Goes straight at the rim and hard, no fading or avoiding contact for him.

I can't wait to finally have a few guards with great quickness and speed...

Hall of Shame:
@TomCrean: I am doing great. I have been thinking about you alot since last weekend. A whole lot. How are you doing?
"W.I.N.(T.) Whatever is necessary today" - Tim Beckman
"It's not ideal but for now, I don't think it'll put a dagger in the heart of the program" - Paul Kowalczyk
IllinoisLoyalty.com Forums