Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (July-August 2017)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Jul 15, 2017, 06:14 PM   #476
miketherevelator
miketherevelator's Avatar
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,847
BBE up by 1 with 1 minute to go.
miketherevelator is offline
Old Jul 15, 2017, 06:18 PM   #477
miketherevelator
miketherevelator's Avatar
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,847
wheels totally coming off for BBE - 3 straight turnovers by Hellems. Takeover up 62-59, TTO ball. 32 seconds to go.
miketherevelator is offline
Old Jul 15, 2017, 06:24 PM   #478
miketherevelator
miketherevelator's Avatar
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,847
Takeover 64, BBE 63. BBE was ahead by double digits most of the game. Gave it away in the last 3,4 minutes.

D1 Circuit‏ @D1Circuit
TTO was down 13 with 4 minutes on the clock.

D1 Circuit‏ @D1Circuit 3m3 minutes ago
Team Takeover just pulled off arguably the most impressive comeback in Peach Jam history.
miketherevelator is offline
Old Jul 15, 2017, 06:28 PM   #479
kuhl84
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,407
Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Quote:
Takeover just pulled off arguably the most impressive comeback in Peach Jam history.


Bummer. Was looking forward to watching BBE in the finals tomorrow on ESPN.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kuhl84 is online now
Old Jul 15, 2017, 07:28 PM   #480
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 35,045
#Illini HC Brad Underwood is here at Peach State watching priority big man target @george_conditt.
https://twitter.com/DPiperScout/stat...90714422132736
Dan is offline
Old Jul 15, 2017, 07:44 PM   #481
miketherevelator
miketherevelator's Avatar
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,847
Liddell 5/1, Okoro 6/8, Hellems 12/6


http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/18356071

Last edited by Dan; Jul 15, 2017 at 07:50 PM.
miketherevelator is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 06:45 AM   #482
carmelillini
carmelillini's Avatar
Location: Chambana
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
Where has Antigua been? I feel like a lot of the tweets have mentioned chin and obviously bu specifically. I'm interested by Antigua's whereabouts.
Slovenia? Croatia? NYC?
carmelillini is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 07:16 AM   #483
IlliniTargetAcquired
Posts: 263
Does anyone have a summary of how Matic Vesel played a couple days ago?
IlliniTargetAcquired is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 08:29 AM   #484
mikedILLINI
Posts: 16
Antigua is in greece according to ryan evans watching matic
mikedILLINI is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 09:31 AM   #485
Joel Goodson
Joel Goodson's Avatar
Location: Elmhurst
Posts: 6,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedILLINI View Post
Antigua is in greece according to ryan evans watching matic
Must be nice. ;-)
Joel Goodson is online now
Old Jul 16, 2017, 09:48 AM   #486
SescIllini
Posts: 589
Likely needs to keep him committed. No restrictions in club teams offering him contract$
SescIllini is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:04 AM   #487
bombayIllini
Posts: 537
Both RJ Barret and Jalen Lecque and perhaps any offers on the East/NW are OA's sphere.
bombayIllini is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 10:19 AM   #488
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 35,045
#Illini staff is 3-deep watching @george_conditt with Brad Underwood, Chin Coleman & Jamall Walker.
https://twitter.com/DPiperScout/stat...14058874675200
Dan is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:19 AM   #489
miketherevelator
miketherevelator's Avatar
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,847
Video from the first game yesterday when BBE beat Howard Pulley. Bradley Beal is in grey. EJ is number 12, Hellems is 21 and Okoro, 23.


miketherevelator is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:26 AM   #490
Johnny Lawrence
Posts: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniDent View Post
Groce constantly was in on players before they blew up. Please also, excluding Bo and Brad Stevens, who actually is good at evaluating 2 star talent who become top level players? Seriously do you realize that for every 1 or 2 of those stories there are a ton more who never make it and you never hear about again? It is such a myth that teams should be built on 2 and 3 star players- this isn't football. Bo is the one example of a coach in a top division who really was able to find players that fit his system, maybe you could add Beilein.
I completely agree with you on this but you add Huggy Bear to short list of coaches who wins without 4 and 5 star talent.
Johnny Lawrence is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:33 AM   #491
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 35,045
https://twitter.com/DPiperScout/stat...34668103274496

#Illini targets Talen Horton-Tucker (@_Tal0w) & Colin Castleton (@Castleton_) squaring off. Brad Underwood here with Walker & Coleman.

Assistants from Xavier, Ohio State and Northwestern are also here for THT.

Big throwdown by #Illini big man target Colin Castleton. Good athlete with a lot of length & versatility. Plays hard too.
Dan is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:35 AM   #492
miketherevelator
miketherevelator's Avatar
Location: Aurora
Posts: 4,847
D1 Circuit‏ @D1Circuit 5m5 minutes ago
2018 Brad Beal Elite (MO) G Darius Garland (@dariusgarland22) picks up an offer from Kentucky #Wildcats #SEC @STLEaglesBBall


And Tre Jones is probably going to follow his brother Tyus to Duke (although he claims Minny is still in the running). Number 32 for Howard Pulley in the above video is Daniel Oturo who committed to Minnesota, so we get to battle him for the next few years.
miketherevelator is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:58 AM   #493
ballislife17
ballislife17's Avatar
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketherevelator View Post
D1 Circuit‏ @D1Circuit 5m5 minutes ago
2018 Brad Beal Elite (MO) G Darius Garland (@dariusgarland22) picks up an offer from Kentucky #Wildcats #SEC @STLEaglesBBall


And Tre Jones is probably going to follow his brother Tyus to Duke (although he claims Minny is still in the running). Number 32 for Howard Pulley in the above video is Daniel Oturo who committed to Minnesota, so we get to battle him for the next few years.


Is the peach jam final going to be televised?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
Tate was underrated
ballislife17 is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:08 PM   #494
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 35,045
#Illini HC Brad Underwood will watch 2018 big man target @amadou_sow23 in the Peach Jam final at 2 p.m. ET. Has tracked him closely.
https://twitter.com/DPiperScout/stat...43516809641984


#Illini big man target Colin Castleton told me Illinois will likely be his first OV next month. Antigua was the first coach to offer him.
https://twitter.com/DPiperScout/stat...48464884543488
Dan is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:09 PM   #495
ballislife17
ballislife17's Avatar
Posts: 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballislife17 View Post
Is the peach jam final going to be televised?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


It's on ESPNU


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__________________
Tate was underrated
ballislife17 is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:18 PM   #496
Bailey
Bailey's Avatar
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 2,826
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniDent View Post
Groce constantly was in on players before they blew up. Please also, excluding Bo and Brad Stevens, who actually is good at evaluating 2 star talent who become top level players? Seriously do you realize that for every 1 or 2 of those stories there are a ton more who never make it and you never hear about again? It is such a myth that teams should be built on 2 and 3 star players- this isn't football. Bo is the one example of a coach in a top division who really was able to find players that fit his system, maybe you could add Beilein.
Beilein is the first to come to mind. He built his era on the back of Stu Douglass and Zack Novak.
Bailey is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:25 PM   #497
IlliniJim20
Posts: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMo79 View Post
I get the feeling that Smith leaving would have more to do with having that degree first, so I would think he is here for at least 3 years, Ayo I would be shocked if he was here more then 2.
replacing two early entrant NBA players at once

Good problem to have I suppose

__________________
IlliniJim20 is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 12:33 PM   #498
618 Illini
Location: Chicago
Posts: 95
Would take all three of them right now. High flying athletes playing with emotion. Hellems has a nice looking jump shot. Okoro and EJ swat everything in sight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketherevelator View Post
Video from the first game yesterday when BBE beat Howard Pulley. Bradley Beal is in grey. EJ is number 12, Hellems is 21 and Okoro, 23.

618 Illini is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 02:10 PM   #499
combes
Posts: 5,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
Beilein is the first to come to mind. He built his era on the back of Stu Douglass and Zack Novak.
They were good role players. The third(Novak) and fifth(Douglas) leading scorers on his first NCAA team. Manny Harris and DeShawn Sims were the stars.
combes is offline
Old Jul 16, 2017, 04:01 PM   #500
BMo79
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJim20 View Post
replacing two early entrant NBA players at once

Good problem to have I suppose

yeah it could happen, but my guess is that Smith is here for 4 years, Ayo maybe 2 but id guess 1
BMo79 is offline
Closed Thread
Thread Tools

Forum Jump