Old Aug 7, 2017, 12:26 PM   #1076
Illiswag
Can anyone recap the week , didnt pay any attention cause of Lolla
Illiswag is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2017, 07:31 AM   #1077
Illiini
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini View Post
Something that a lot of football fans dont understand. You can have Joe Montana, Jim Brown, and Jerry Rice but if nobody can block you're not winning many games. A good Oline can mask so many skill deficiencies. Ditto for the Dline. Its all about containment and disruption, respectively.
If the Oline can make enough room for two or three years minim every play, the five or six yarder is a first down, and it means that longer plays are field position changers. Which is Lovie's game. The big play type game is like hoping to win the lottery. Speaking of which, a good Oline gives the punter time to to make that precision punt that again plays the field position game.

Yeah, I know. Captain Obvious speaking. But third-and-ten really sucks.
Illiini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2017, 07:49 AM   #1078
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC Illiniman View Post
NFL teams start up front . DL and OL have to be a priority. Recruits get the word that Lovie can get them to next level , they will flock. Short term results already proof. One best thing done was hire Lovie. Big name =big recruits. #wewillwin.

It seems to me this is just what Lovie and staff have been doing. We had a nice OL and DL class last year, We have a nice start to the same this year, other then Pearl needing to gain weight I like all our OLand DL guys so far, I truly love Slaughters game, the kid is a better pass blocker then most guys we have right now in my opinion, he just turned 17 so still needs to get stronger but as he gets his man strength it will make him a better run blocker, pass blocking is footwork, run blocking is power
BMo79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2017, 10:00 AM   #1079
robjilla
https://armchairallamericans.com/cal...gest-and-best/
robjilla is online now Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2017, 11:28 AM   #1080
james81
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjilla View Post
Thanks for sharing. Interesting article. Shows that crystal ball predictions are often meaningless. Also confirms the NFL experience of our staff can make an impact, at least to defensive players.
james81 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2017, 04:20 PM   #1081
calibear
Quote:
Originally Posted by james81 View Post
Thanks for sharing. Interesting article. Shows that crystal ball predictions are often meaningless. Also confirms the NFL experience of our staff can make an impact, at least to defensive players.
Ding, Ding, Ding on the nose Alex and what has james81 won ? Hopefully more good news coming soon. You nailed in one.
calibear is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2017, 05:42 PM   #1082
IlliniRocketFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini View Post
Something that a lot of football fans dont understand. You can have Joe Montana, Jim Brown, and Jerry Rice but if nobody can block you're not winning many games. A good Oline can mask so many skill deficiencies. Ditto for the Dline. Its all about containment and disruption, respectively.
We preach to our JFL players that the two most important skills that win games are blocking and tackling. Without those, it doesn't matter who your QB, WR, or RB is.
IlliniRocketFan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2017, 06:46 PM   #1083
IlliniMed
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniRocketFan View Post
We preach to our JFL players that the two most important skills that win games are blocking and tackling. Without those, it doesn't matter who your QB, WR, or RB is.
Tell that to Rogers in Green Bay
IlliniMed is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:04 PM   #1084
IlliniCaboose
I hate to be this guy but I'm a Packer fan and I have to... Rodgers. Now back to your regularly scheduled Illinois football recruiting news.

Old Aug 10, 2017, 08:30 AM   #1085
IlliniJim20
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniMed View Post
Tell that to Rogers in Green Bay
Nope. If his dense can't stop anyone, it doesn't matter how good he is. Even the great Aaron Rodgers can't throw from his butt.

Old Aug 10, 2017, 05:48 PM   #1086
IlliniBrave75
Jeremy Werner Retweeted
L U K E F O R Dô‏Verified account @lukeredx97 2h2 hours ago By far the Best/Coolest mail I have ever got!!! Go ILLINI!!! @IlliniFootball Thank You!!pic.twitter.com/qwmyClUkRt

IlliniBrave75 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2017, 06:08 PM   #1087
mdonsbach
Kind of cheese imo but if Luke like's it then I like it! Come on buddy pull the trigger!!!

Old Aug 10, 2017, 07:19 PM   #1088
ILL_INI
That is pretty cool.

Who has the #1 font? 1 1_ 1_ 1 1\I O 1 S
ILL_INI is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2017, 08:03 AM   #1089
Sawicky
That is actually really cool. As a former recruit that would have had me hyped haha.
Sawicky is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2017, 08:39 AM   #1090
calibear
Why are some of you doing this . We may get Ford yes, but this once again feels like your dream girl winking and blowing you a kiss just because its fun. He is one guy I would love to get but until he is signed, I take with a grain of salt any attention he is paying to us. He has been playing this game with at least a dozen schools.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 10:24 AM   #1091
illinipioneer
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibear View Post
Why are some of you doing this . We may get Ford yes, but this once again feels like your dream girl winking and blowing you a kiss just because its fun. He is one guy I would love to get but until he is signed, I take with a grain of salt any attention he is paying to us. He has been playing this game with at least a dozen schools.
But, at the same time, don't we have to play the game to have a chance to win?
illinipioneer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2017, 12:30 PM   #1092
Hoppy2105
Quote:
Originally Posted by calibear View Post
I don't think posters on here are saying he is ours just because he was excited and tweeted about a cool recruiting tactic our coaches used. But this is the football recruiting forum so there is nothing wrong with talking about it.

Also, just as a PSA, if anyone on here DOES think we will get Luke Ford based on tweets like that, please don't get your hopes up. He could come here, just don't expect it. (Like pretty much every recruit)

/.............|.............\
/...............|...............\
Hoppy2105 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 11, 2017, 03:35 PM   #1093
Illini_1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinipioneer View Post
You can't win if you don't play [makes note to buy a lottery ticket]
Illini_1979 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2017, 07:43 AM   #1094
Lake Camelot
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPET View Post
The Columns are Burning Bright Orange
I appreciate it when anyone has info and is willing to share. I will admit that I have been checking for news a bunch lately and I am getting anxious again. Is there anything coming soon do you think? Haven't heard much since this post. Oh well football will be here soon enough.

Old Aug 12, 2017, 07:51 AM   #1095
calibear
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinipioneer View Post
No doubt. Yes it is actually a good thing to do the social media thing I guess, as he just loves it.
For me though it is like some some preteen girl wild about the latest Justin Bieber or like any performer who end his show with ( your choice of city here) we love you so and so. Do they love every city or just that the are getting the big bucks there.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 08:48 AM   #1096
FT35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Camelot View Post
I appreciate it when anyone has info and is willing to share. I will admit that I have been checking for news a bunch lately and I am getting anxious again. Is there anything coming soon do you think? Haven't heard much since this post. Oh well football will be here soon enough.
I have no idea although before Avery committed Lovie said that the size of the class is where they'd like it to be entering the season. Given how small this class could be they may want to wait and reflect on how certain players do in their Senior seasons and then make a final push in December and January.

There are guys like Adams and Atwell who could announce their commitments soon. I noticed that Atwell picked up an offer from Louisville so he may be leaning towards them now.

I don't know if guys like Perkins, Ford or Craddieth are in a hurry to announce their decisions. I know they are pushing hard for Craddieth but he also just picked up a Nebraska offer.
FT35 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2017, 11:00 AM   #1097
BWBW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini_1979 View Post
You can't win if you don't play [makes note to buy a lottery ticket]
So, someone in Illinois won the Mega Millions.
BWBW is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 04:07 PM   #1098
Lake Camelot
I realize I keep bring up the where are our commits things, but....

A few weeks ago someone posted a Chief gif. Said we would have to wait until the students get to school to hear. He said it wasn't Lawson. So are the students in school yet? Anyone notice any names in the student directory? I could look. But I wouldn't know it if I saw the name I bet.

Old Aug 13, 2017, 04:16 PM   #1099
HR217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Camelot View Post
I realize I keep bring up the where are our commits things, but....

A few weeks ago someone posted a Chief gif. Said we would have to wait until the students get to school to hear. He said it wasn't Lawson. So are the students in school yet? Anyone notice any names in the student directory? I could look. But I wouldn't know it if I saw the name I bet.
I believe it was Calvin Avery.
HR217 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Aug 13, 2017, 05:47 PM   #1100
Illini_1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWBW View Post
So, someone in Illinois won the Mega Millions.
Haha, yes, thought that was pretty funny.
Illini_1979 is offline Reply With Quote