Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illini Basketball 2017-2018

Closed Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 01:58 PM   #251
Whitman2020
The Unbanned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSlim View Post
Didn't see the Bragging Rights game on that schedule. Time and TV for that one?
~7PM on 23rd. Believe ESPN2.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 02:00 PM   #252
WesterveltVictoryCigar
This view might help:

Old Sep 7, 2017, 02:04 PM   #253
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Another thing I just noticed, no Big Ten games on WatchESPN, is that not part of the new contract? That's another reason why we probably got more BTN Plus games, a couple of those would have been streamed on ESPN instead. Which is too bad as it's a better service and "free".
Old Sep 7, 2017, 03:12 PM   #254
ChiefIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Another thing I just noticed, no Big Ten games on WatchESPN, is that not part of the new contract? That's another reason why we probably got more BTN Plus games, a couple of those would have been streamed on ESPN instead. Which is too bad as it's a better service and "free".
Swear I read where the B1G is stopping ESPN3 games.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 03:57 PM   #255
icengineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini View Post
Swear I read where the B1G is stopping ESPN3 games.
BTN Plus is so much better.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 04:02 PM   #256
FollowTisdale
I wouldn't give 2 poops about the games being on BTN plus if the service was included with a BTN subscription and the stream actually worked more than half the time.

We should all be uniting behind not paying for BTN plus. I, personally, will search far and wide for pirated streams for all BTN plus games out of principle.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 07:41 PM   #257
Bubba Eder
Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowTisdale View Post
I wouldn't give 2 poops about the games being on BTN plus if the service was included with a BTN subscription and the stream actually worked more than half the time.

We should all be uniting behind not paying for BTN plus. I, personally, will search far and wide for pirated streams for all BTN plus games out of principle.
I'm behind this 100%
Old Sep 7, 2017, 08:31 PM   #258
Thor015
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Eder View Post
I'm behind this 100%

+1. I've been on this boycott for awhile now
Old Sep 7, 2017, 08:53 PM   #259
Nathan
Quote:

The streams have always buffered well for me. Plus it's easier to rewatch (usually a lot of fun stuff to watch for during early games) because I stream games broadcasted on network tv (I can't record for later). Also, manual slow motion replays are an awesome feature! The amateur announcers are by far the worst part, imo. Pay wall is also obnoxious. Overall, pretty meh over the big ten plus experience, but I'm not boycotting and dealing with an inferior and difficult to find stream.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old Sep 8, 2017, 07:39 AM   #260
Whitman2020
The Unbanned
BTN+ Is such a sham. Really disappointed in the network.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 07:59 AM   #261
FeelYourPaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitman2020 View Post
Better labelling would be BTN-

Old Sep 8, 2017, 08:42 AM   #262
IlliniJim20
Vote with your wallet !

Old Sep 8, 2017, 09:03 AM   #263
HoopCity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitman2020 View Post
It is not like we are already paying for Big Ten Network on cable, this is a sham and the administrations need to step up and say so.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 10:06 AM   #264
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Quote:

You can also just wait a day or two and watch the replay on BTN.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 01:14 PM   #265
jdh8668
BTN plus is just another money grab. I will enjoy those games old school....on the radio listening to Brian!
Old Sep 8, 2017, 01:21 PM   #266
Calvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJim20 View Post
Vote with your wallet !
Couldn't agree more
Old Sep 8, 2017, 01:29 PM   #267
oldman
Of course, maximizing BTN revenue increases cash passed on to the Athletic Department, which this AD has been pouring into the improved facilities which we all agree are desperately needed - due in large part to the fact that other BIG schools have been pouring their share of BTN revenues into their improved facilities.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 01:50 PM   #268
Poe's Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelYourPaign View Post
Better labelling would be BTN-
I enjoyed this. Thank you.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 03:27 PM   #269
Paigncake
Banned
Big Ten Network is a joke... Want to complain to somebody about it on the phone? Too bad! A company that provides a service to a hundred million people only allows you to voice concerns via an email that you most certainly won't get a response to. At least I never do.

Don't even get me going into them not using their extra channels to air different games going on at the same time because a 3rd rate camera crew costs oh so much and the big ten network is struggling or something..
Old Sep 8, 2017, 03:39 PM   #270
Nathan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paigncake View Post
Big Ten Network is a joke... Want to complain to somebody about it on the phone? Too bad! A company that provides a service to a hundred million people only allows you to voice concerns via an email that you most certainly won't get a response to. At least I never do.

Don't even get me going into them not using their extra channels to air different games going on at the same time because a 3rd rate camera crew costs oh so much and the big ten network is struggling or something..
My question (that I have no idea what the answer is)...how is btn in comparison to the ACC, big 12, etc?

Are we getting the short end of the stick, or are we simply unhappy with the product that NCAA bball provides in general? I'm thinking conference as a whole, not just Illinois bball.

There is a risk (I assume) for the big ten that we might to switch our viewership to the NBA due to poor product, but little risk of us switching to another conference.

Do they just know they can provide this service and have little change in viewership? Are we on par with other P5 conferences for amenities? NBA tv is bad, but not this bad.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
Old Sep 10, 2017, 10:39 AM   #271
ivwilsoniv
Back to basketball - what's everyone's projection for the starting lineup at the beginning of the season, and then the starting lineup halfway through the season?

Old Sep 10, 2017, 11:21 AM   #272
TCTORNADO
^^^^^^^^^^
Groce used 9 different starting lineups last year.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 12:48 PM   #273
Illini B-Ball Fan
Beginning of season:

- Alstork
- Finke
- Black
- Lucas
- Smith

Halfway through:

- Alstork
- Nichols
- Black
- Lucas
- Smith

Old Sep 10, 2017, 05:28 PM   #274
FiveStar
http://herald-review.com/sports/illi...9bd191df9.html

Article on Alstork.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 07:38 PM   #275
aluma
I got to hear Underwood speak today at a coaching conference in Normal, IL. I must say I walked away even more impressed than I already was. He explained his spread offense and you can't help but be excited about what our team will look like in the near future. He really emphasizes that his players go 100% at all times and if they don't he sends them to the treadmill as a form of punishment.
Closed Thread