Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Old Sep 11, 2017, 02:27 PM   #501
jrichisamazing
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniDent View Post
If the news on Nolley is true then it would make sense still, especially if we add Ayo. Would make for a relatively crowded 1-3 positions and THT may not want that. However, adding 2 bigs with Sow and Conditt would fit what we need still. It shouldn't scare off Sow as he could compete for the 5 spot immediately while Conditt can grow and fill in for the 4 or 5 as needed. And yes, I know it's positionless but still, Sow wouldn't be in front of any of our guards/forward type players for the 4 spot most likely as a freshman.
But Nolley has not committed and THT is still available, and probably easier to get if MSU backs off. I couldn't see the staff backing off of THT because of Nolley. And personally I would pick THT over Nolley FWIW.

Henry just committed to MSU so lets give it a little time. I would not be surprised if things heat up with THT again in the next 2 weeks. If the staff doesn't go after THT I see it meaning 1 of 2 things.

1)The staff clearly likes Nolley just as much or more than THT and Nolley has silently verballed(yes the mysterious silent verbal).

2)There really is a riff between THT and Ayo so the staff doesn't want to risk losing Ayo for THT.

Old Sep 11, 2017, 02:42 PM   #502
mdonsbach
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezegame View Post
Do people fret when a paid board person gives info? Are they stealing thunder?

This is one thread on a message board; it's not USA Today or ESPN in scope.
and it's not gospel. The actual kids themselves have posted places (everything is fine. goodnight) and changed their minds.

If some poster (cash in this case) wants to make his opinion known, then that's his right. the one guy running him off just makes the board less, and people like that should avoid recruiting
Not to add more drama but...normally I keep quiet about predictions but Cash's statement didn't sound like opinion to me.

I have no issues with people feeling good about a recruit or things are looking up. It's when someone throws something definitive out there that shocks me. The only thing definitive should come from the kid/parents/or an article from a known source.

It's probably just semantics to a lot of you but that is how I saw his post. Not opinion or strongly hinting but rather matter of factly.

I'll go hide in my corner now.

Old Sep 11, 2017, 03:06 PM   #503
DudeIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonsbach View Post
Not to add more drama but...normally I keep quiet about predictions but Cash's statement didn't sound like opinion to me.

I have no issues with people feeling good about a recruit or things are looking up. It's when someone throws something definitive out there that shocks me. The only thing definitive should come from the kid/parents/or an article from a known source.

It's probably just semantics to a lot of you but that is how I saw his post. Not opinion or strongly hinting but rather matter of factly.

It's an Illini recruiting message board. Nothing is definitive here.
DudeIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 03:11 PM   #504
IlliniDent
Quote:

I mean the point of this board is recruiting. People come here to get exactly the news that Cash shared. So even if he "spoiled it" it's up to you whether or not to believe it because until Nolley actually commits it's still just hearsay. For the rest of us, a main reason we come here is to get any and all recruiting news that we can.

Not trying to call you out, just that what cash posted is exactly what I think most people expect to get out of reading this board

Last edited by IlliniDent; Sep 11, 2017 at 03:20 PM.
IlliniDent is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 03:16 PM   #505
Illwinsagain
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Surprised that Izzo oversigned to take Henry a 100+/3 star player. Must have seen something in him to oversign for 2018.
Or he knows he is losing some underclassmen.
Illwinsagain is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 03:18 PM   #506
miketherevelator
Quote:

Hey, you've got just as much right to post what you want as anybody else. He's the one who flipped out (for the 2nd time) and this time decided he wasn't posting anymore. Definitely no need to hide in a corner.
miketherevelator is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 03:21 PM   #507
Illwinsagain
Quote:

Honestly, I have seem many on these boards state that we are going to get player A as "inside info." It has not come true, far more than it has. So, I think we all need to go back to Defcon 5. JMHO
Illwinsagain is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 03:39 PM   #508
illiniguy24
Quote:

Nobody should get their feelings hurt on a fan recruiting message board. No need to hide. Cash said he didn't care what anybody thought the post before he said he was gone forever.....so idk why he cares what you think now

But to what most are saying - If cash, or anybody for that matter who had inside information, was on twitter tagging Nolley in posts saying MY SOURCE SAID YOURE GONNA BE AN ILLINI...and putting it where literally everyone can see it that would be different. But a message board is such a small group of people. And it's the reason 99% of us are here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
illiniguy24 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 04:23 PM   #509
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illwinsagain View Post
Or he knows he is losing some underclassmen.
FWIW, it completely takes him out of the running for THT and Dort, two much better and higher rated athletes than Henry, because the NCAA says you only can only oversign by 1. But hey, who am I to question one of the greatest recruiters and coaches of all times. It's interesting that MSU's 2018 class of 5 only has 1 athlete in the top 100. Go Green...
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 04:23 PM   #510
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Illini Fan View Post
THT unlikely to come here as of right now.

I am hearing staff is trying to get Ayo, Nolley, Sow, Conditt.

Should be interesting to see how this plays out.
Ayo is the obvious one and has been for some time.

Nolley is a superior athlete and shooter with size for the position as well.

Sow is a ready B1G forward who could and would play the 5 as well.

Conditt is the intriguing one, full of potential, not true big and never will be imo. wing player that would probably start off as a Tisdale/Leonards mix as far as ability and grow from there.

Would be ecstatic with this class, wouldn't even mind another solid wing like THT if we whiff on Ayo....we do and will have plenty of guards plus with Miller in 2019, who knows?
PlayAZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 04:27 PM   #511
Joel Goodson
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayAZ View Post
Ayo is the obvious one and has been for some time.

Nolley is a superior athlete and shooter with size for the position as well.

Sow is a ready B1G forward who could and would play the 5 as well.

Conditt is the intriguing one, full of potential, not true big and never will be imo. wing player that would probably start off as a Tisdale/Leonards mix as far as ability and grow from there.

Would be ecstatic with this class, wouldn't even mind another solid wing like THT if we whiff on Ayo....we do and will have plenty of guards plus with Miller in 2019, who knows?
Miller is 2020.
Joel Goodson is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 04:41 PM   #512
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Goodson View Post
Miller is 2020.
Thank you, wrong class, but even better if we miss on Ayo I think. Considering out current guards in place and class'
PlayAZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 04:42 PM   #513
Goldtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniDent View Post
Not trying to call you out, just that what cash posted is exactly what I think most people expect to get out of reading this board
Yep. And now that is gone. Thanks.
Goldtop is online now Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 04:48 PM   #514
Bailey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
Yep. And now that is gone. Thanks.
Another "insider" will be here to take their place before you know it. Promise.

It is wild how much history repeats itself here.
Bailey is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 04:54 PM   #515
Goldtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
Another "insider" will be here to take their place before you know it. Promise.

It is wild how much history repeats itself here.
Maybe we will eventually learn and stop chasing the ones away that have a solid track record of good info then. Cash was one of two people on this board that I actually give the benefit of the doubt to.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 04:54 PM   #516
IlliniNation1010
Sounds like Sow is being very business-like.

"The weekend at Colorado was a success. Now on to the next"

I like our chances
IlliniNation1010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 05:03 PM   #517
sacraig
Mad Scientist
Question: Are we even sure cash is not coming back? I mean, he or she seemed to not really care.
sacraig is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 05:03 PM   #518
Adnarel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldtop View Post
Maybe we will eventually learn and stop chasing the ones away that have a solid track record of good info then. Cash was one of two people on this board that I actually give the benefit of the doubt to.
You're either not giving stuemke or lefty the credit they deserve.

Old Sep 11, 2017, 05:32 PM   #519
miketherevelator
Mac Irvin Fire‏ @TheMacIrvinFire 16m16 minutes ago

Illinois entire coaching staff watching Morgan Park 5Star PG Ayo Dosunmu in open gym.
miketherevelator is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 05:34 PM   #520
IllGuardU
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy View Post
I Vote For CASH to stay!!!
Cash stays, I stay, lol. Hoosiers reference.
IllGuardU is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 05:46 PM   #521
Goldtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adnarel View Post
You're either not giving stuemke or lefty the credit they deserve.
Old Sep 11, 2017, 05:54 PM   #522
CARPET
This whole Insider posting thing is humorous to watch it play out.

I for one miss Old Ward and his cryptic messages they were fun to decipher.

There are Insiders to the program make no mistake about that but you will never find them posting information such as a commitment in advance (Usually without permission).

Loose lips sink ships.
CARPET is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 06:03 PM   #523
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by CARPET View Post
This whole Insider posting thing is humorous to watch it play out.

I for one miss Old Ward and his cryptic messages they were fun to decipher.

There are Insiders to the program make no mistake about that but you will never find them posting information such as a commitment in advance (Usually without permission).

Loose lips sink ships.
Cash has been around since 2012. Go back and read his previous posts and in no way would you get the impression that he is an "insider". One of his best posts was early on when he "predicted" that Larry Austin would commit to Illinois. How did that work out??
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 06:13 PM   #524
SescIllini
This board has been much better recently, lets not splash Hater*Shade on each other. No need to get butt-hurt either if somebody doesn't agree.
SescIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2017, 06:31 PM   #525
FC Illiniman
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketherevelator View Post
Mac Irvin Fire‏ @TheMacIrvinFire 16m16 minutes ago

Illinois entire coaching staff watching Morgan Park 5Star PG Ayo Dosunmu in open gym.
Ayo knows what we think of him, we making the all in effort, it would be very unfortunate if we don't get his commit. There still more in the future if this happens. Hopefully it won't.

Nolley has declared Halloween as his confirmed date to commit, this is great , we feel good about our chances on him coming here. Inside info or not, I think he's coming here. IMO.
Castleton, Sow , or Conditt , anyone of which, would be great to fit. Not sure any of these will be here.

My thoughts was that we have a commitment b4 October 1, not sure if it was wrong day, more like 31. We are in good shape, patients will give us the recruits we want.
FC Illiniman is offline Reply With Quote