Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (October 2017)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:28 PM   #1526
helppitch
Quote:
Originally Posted by chief2007 View Post
The Ayo decision will determine if this recruiting year is a success or not
A year ago the same was said about Jordan Goodwin & then Tilmon. An awful lot can change over the course of the year.
helppitch is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:31 PM   #1527
foby
Location: Sin City
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaShampoo View Post
Hope he has a fantastic time. I'd really love to lock him up and get this recruiting season rolling finally.
That would be sweet.
foby is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:31 PM   #1528
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniSuperFan View Post
(Worst case scenario) Say we bust on this recruiting class and only get the Finn. Any chance we save the other 2 scholarships for next year instead of signing a couple 2 stars?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1 maybe, but they will use one of them for sure
BMo79 is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:33 PM   #1529
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaShampoo View Post
So...has anyone seen or heard about how Elias' visit is going? No golf cart or OPH sightings or anything?
Spotted at Chipotle with Addaya.
TCTORNADO is online now
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:36 PM   #1530
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Spotted at Chipotle with Addaya.
That's clearly A ddaya so too soon!
PlayAZ is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:39 PM   #1531
whatahack
Location: St. Peters MO
Do we know if his parents are here also???
whatahack is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:45 PM   #1532
audie
Location: The Great Northwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniSuperFan View Post
(Worst case scenario) Say we bust on this recruiting class and only get the Finn. Any chance we save the other 2 scholarships for next year instead of signing a couple 2 stars?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oxymoron

Elias would be awesome in orange & blue
audie is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:47 PM   #1533
foby
Location: Sin City
Quote:
Originally Posted by audie View Post
oxymoron

Elias would be awesome in orange & blue
If we get the Finn, it's not No Ayo and we Die-o.

But hey, why not get both?
foby is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 01:50 PM   #1534
IlliniSuperFan
Quote:
Originally Posted by audie View Post
oxymoron



Elias would be awesome in orange & blue


I agree with that. It's still not the class we had planned if we miss out on Ayo. THT. CC. GC. LN. That's why I would save atleast 1 of those scholarships for next year to get a more talented player. Let's just hope the (worst case scenario) doesn't happen and we land Finn. Ayo. THT


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IlliniSuperFan is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:17 PM   #1535
IlliniSuperFan
Kedric just posted via twitter on Okora visit

"It was great, I love the school. it was fun, I think they have a chance to be good."

Antigua will come through for us in a huge way next year


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IlliniSuperFan is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:17 PM   #1536
EthanM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robjilla View Post
So not true Sir.
No, but it is true that most people in Chicago consider anything in Illinois outside of Chicago to be southern Illinois.
EthanM is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:20 PM   #1537
IlliniKat91
IlliniKat91's Avatar
Location: Chicago, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanM View Post
No, but it is true that most people in Chicago consider anything in Illinois outside of Chicago to be southern Illinois.
Psh. Give us some credit. It's everything south of I-80.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
IlliniKat91 is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:22 PM   #1538
Illiniwek06
Illiniwek06's Avatar
Location: N of I-80
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniKat91 View Post
Psh. Give us some credit. It's everything south of I-80.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
+1 (see my location)
Illiniwek06 is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:31 PM   #1539
Ga65
Would be interested in how people rate the following attributes among the four.
Quickness. Shooting. Passing. Handles(ability to get to the rim)

Ayo
THT
LN
Finn

Not sure of the relative value but quickness relates to defensive ability and was where Dee excelled. All of the flying Illini were above average and was a major reason for their success. Not sure how ratings for recruits are established by coaches (am sure several posters do know) but would be like to see a 1-5 rating on above players for above attributes.
Ga65 is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:54 PM   #1540
Tevo
Location: Wilmette, IL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga65 View Post
Would be interested in how people rate the following attributes among the four.
Quickness. Shooting. Passing. Handles(ability to get to the rim)

Ayo
THT
LN
Finn

Not sure of the relative value but quickness relates to defensive ability and was where Dee excelled. All of the flying Illini were above average and was a major reason for their success. Not sure how ratings for recruits are established by coaches (am sure several posters do know) but would be like to see a 1-5 rating on above players for above attributes.

Here are my highlight-video-only assessments:

Quickness: Ayo, THT, LN, Elias
Shooting: LN/Elias, THT, Ayo
Passing: THT, Ayo, (?? Haven't seen either LN or Elias pass much)
Handles/Driving: Ayo, THT, Elias, LN (only because I haven't seen LN drive much)
Tevo is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:56 PM   #1541
Illini Beer 4 All
Illini Beer 4 All's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ga65 View Post
Would be interested in how people rate the following attributes among the four.
Quickness. Shooting. Passing. Handles(ability to get to the rim)

Ayo
THT
LN
Finn

Not sure of the relative value but quickness relates to defensive ability and was where Dee excelled. All of the flying Illini were above average and was a major reason for their success. Not sure how ratings for recruits are established by coaches (am sure several posters do know) but would be like to see a 1-5 rating on above players for above attributes.
Quickness
Ayo
Nolley
THT
Finn

Shooting
Nolley
THT Finn
Ayo

Passing
Ayo
THT
Nolley Finn

Getting to rim
Ayo
THT
Finn
Nolley

Defense
Ayo THT
Finn
Nolley

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Illini Beer 4 All is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:14 PM   #1542
americanoutlaw11
Do you guys really like calling him "the Finn"? The kid is from Scandinavia, he's got freaking Viking blood pumping through his veins for Pete's sake. We can do better
americanoutlaw11 is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:20 PM   #1543
Loadmaster05
OAR?
Loadmaster05 is online now
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:27 PM   #1544
illiniguy24
illiniguy24's Avatar
Location: Atlanta, GA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loadmaster05 View Post
OAR?


Crazy game of poker?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
illiniguy24 is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:46 PM   #1545
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini Beer 4 All View Post
Quickness
Ayo
Nolley
THT
Finn

Shooting
Nolley
THT Finn
Ayo

Passing
Ayo
THT
Nolley Finn

Getting to rim
Ayo
THT
Finn
Nolley

Defense
Ayo THT
Finn
Nolley

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quickness
Ayo
Nolley
Finn/THT


Shooting
Nolley/ Finn
THT
Ayo

Passing
Ayo
THT /Finn
Nolley

Getting to rim
Ayo
THT
Finn
Nolley

Defense
THT
Finn him and THT both guard alot of diffrent guys, bigger and smaller
Ayo
Nolley
BMo79 is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:49 PM   #1546
thrillini
Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Edit: I've butt dialed, but a blank butt-post?
(Hmm say something insightful...)

Ok I've got nothing.
thrillini is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:50 PM   #1547
foby
Location: Sin City
I think The Mighty Finn is being underestimated in these rankings.
foby is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:54 PM   #1548
IllFanInMi
I'm just about to the point of simply focusing on the recruits we end up getting, rather than focusing on the ones we hope we end up getting. I know, this is a recruiting site and a lot of value and intrigue to do the latter. Perhaps I'm just ready for the committed forum.
IllFanInMi is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:55 PM   #1549
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by foby View Post
I think The Mighty Finn is being underestimated in these rankings.
well I only saw 3 games of him playing , that said a class of Ayo/Finn or THT/Finn would both be just fine with me, then add a big down the road from someplace
BMo79 is offline
Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:55 PM   #1550
FC Illiniman
FC Illiniman's Avatar
Location: Farmer City
Elias would be awesome addition to the team. Hoping the visit is great, and glad he is watching the workout, what a way to show him how it will be. Ayo this weekend , could be a good way to have our staff show they are on top of all things that concern Illini basketball. Desire and unity, building a great program with young people that are driven. 1 month till season opener!
FC Illiniman is offline
Closed Thread
Thread Tools

Forum Jump