Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:25 AM   #251
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfor3 View Post
I'm quite sure he's been subject to as many advantages in life and specifically at Dartmouth as anyone could ask for.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gail_Koziara_Boudreaux

He had Big 10 offers from Penn State and Iowa, an offer from Iowa State and Boston College too.
Plus NW and as I've said before I think that's where he ends up.
TCTORNADO is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:48 AM   #252
IlliniBrave75
UIHoopsRecruits‏ @UIHoopsRecruits Nov 10
Rough class for the Illini to need a big

Evan Daniels‏Verified account @EvanDaniels Nov 10
If this is the year of the big man ... enjoy it because the 2018 class is the worst overall crop of post players I've scouted in the last 12 years. No depth at the position.
IlliniBrave75 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:54 AM   #253
tpbradley
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbachhuber View Post
My daughter barely made it out of high school. Had to go the community college route to earn her way to Champaign.
Is she taller than Brad Underwood? Something something growth plates?
tpbradley is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:11 AM   #254
IlliniBrave75
Winter risers: Which seniors could see their stock soar?

Tevian Jones

Offers: Illinois.

Why his recruitment could take off: Frankly, it's a it mystifying that some Pac 12 level program didn't snatch him up early. He's long, has good positional size and with his athleticism and developing jump shot has a chance to pay off in a big way. Illinois recently jumped in with an offer.

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals....ir-stock-soar-

Last edited by Dan; Nov 13, 2017 at 12:23 PM.
IlliniBrave75 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 11:46 AM   #255
Obelix
Darius Garland to Vanderbilt.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/r...ilt-commodores
Obelix is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:16 PM   #256
Illiniguy13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
Great pick up for Bryce Drew. I'm probably in the minority here but I always thought Garland was a little overrated. Either way I'm happy he's not going to be a Hoosier. Here's to hoping Langford follows him.
Illiniguy13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:28 PM   #257
Spoon House
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelix View Post
Indiana fans foresaw this last week once the announcement details were made public. They had their cups on.

Good for Drew. Weird that Garland wants to play in a mid-major conference, but he'll make noise no matter what.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 12:35 PM   #258
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon House View Post
Indiana fans foresaw this last week once the announcement details were made public. They had their cups on.

Good for Drew. Weird that Garland wants to play in a mid-major conference, but he'll make noise no matter what.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 01:57 PM   #259
WhiteRhino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoon House View Post

Are you not aware that Drew is coaching at Vanderbilt now or were you being facetious?

One thing I enjoyed while perusing the Garland recruitment thread on the Indiana site was them quoting Jerry Meyer calling Garland being "all but a lock for Indiana" about a month ago, followed by redshirt talk because of all of the great guards they were going to get, followed by Jerry Meyer changing his crystal ball pick to Vandy the day of the announcement.

It's nice to know that other fan bases go through the same things we've had to endure. Indiana fans are no different (just less intelligent and more obnxious )
WhiteRhino is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 02:23 PM   #260
Spoon House
Definitely being facetious. Past few years, the SEC has been Kentucky and everybody else. I know that Misery has aspirations to buck that trend.

Old Nov 13, 2017, 02:49 PM   #261
illiniwil
he knows missouri is in the big 12 in basketball?
illiniwil is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 02:58 PM   #262
Illini Fan in Louisville
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Boudreaux would start from day 1. He's the real deal.

I agree with this.

Illini Fan in Louisville is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 03:23 PM   #263
Joel Goodson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illiniguy13 View Post
Great pick up for Bryce Drew. I'm probably in the minority here but I always thought Garland was a little overrated. Either way I'm happy he's not going to be a Hoosier. Here's to hoping Langford follows him.
+1 on each of your points. FWLIW, I've always liked Ramey more than Garland. Anywhere but Miznoz! And finally, lulz! to the IU fanbase.
Joel Goodson is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 06:15 PM   #264
BMo79
Quote:
Boudreaux would start from day 1. He's the real deal.
I tend to agree, mainly based on I think Finke will lose his starting spot before the middle of the season, and Boudreaux would let black move back to the 4 spot in 18
BMo79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 06:27 PM   #265
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMo79 View Post
I tend to agree, mainly based on I think Finke will lose his starting spot before the middle of the season, and Boudreaux would let black move back to the 4 spot in 18
Boudreaux is every bit as good as Shonn Miller former Cornell player who went on to star a year at UConn. We looked at Miller I think. Interestingly, graduate students cannot play in the Ivy League which in part triggered Boudreaux's decision. But again I'll be shocked if it is not NW.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 06:33 PM   #266
rbachhuber
aka Flash Gordon, earthling
Location: Planet Earth, when not battling Ming the Merciless on Mongo (or sometimes Mars)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbradley View Post
Is she taller than Brad Underwood? Something something growth plates?
She's 5'9", but I'm pretty sure her growth plates are closed. Besides, she was a volleyball player, not bball.
rbachhuber is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 06:43 PM   #267
Ga65
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMo79 View Post
Not going to happen!
Ga65 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 06:44 PM   #268
TCTORNADO
Just got a text that another destination for Boudreaux could be UM. Belein liked him a lot in high school.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 06:44 PM   #269
Gunner23
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniwil View Post
he knows missouri is in the big 12 in basketball?
Gunner23 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 08:20 PM   #270
Greensboro
Quote:
What high school and college were those for your son, out of curiosity??

Early college at Guilford, & UNC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Greensboro is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2017, 08:30 PM   #271
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensboro View Post

Thanks, I thought from your user id that it was in NC. I had heard that the state had started an early College student program.
Old Nov 13, 2017, 10:15 PM   #272
FeelYourPaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greensboro View Post

Were they all paper classes?

Too early?

Old Nov 14, 2017, 09:09 AM   #273
coryfor3
Quote:
Just got a text that another destination for Boudreaux could be UM. Belein liked him a lot in high school.
Don't count out Wisconsin. They had a long history recruiting Evan. Don't think they ultimately had an offer there for him but they've done pretty well getting big guys well developed for future careers.
coryfor3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2017, 10:19 AM   #274
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by coryfor3 View Post
Don't count out Wisconsin. They had a long history recruiting Evan. Don't think they ultimately had an offer there for him but they've done pretty well getting big guys well developed for future careers.
Agreed, NW, UM or Wisc. but probably not Illinois. If Underwood and staff pull this one off, color me ultra impressed. It would go a long way to upgrading the talent that is so needed to get us into the upper half of B1G. And he's got 2 years to boot!! Plus he was a "near" Mr BB, finished 3rd to Brunson.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:49 AM   #275
PtownIllini8
Quote:
Agreed, NW, UM or Wisc. but probably not Illinois. If Underwood and staff pull this one off, color me ultra impressed. It would go a long way to upgrading the talent that is so needed to get us into the upper half of B1G. And he's got 2 years to boot!! Plus he was a "near" Mr BB, finished 3rd to Brunson.
Not sure what your basis for saying we have little chance with him is, since you never said, but I'd say you're completely wrong. He'd get over 20 minutes, probably more like 25 minutes a game and be an important piece for us with a young and talented group of guards. Our grad programs are every bit as good or better, depending upon the major, than the schools you listed and we just inked back-to-back the best players in the state, one of whom is rated in the 20s nationwide and the other was a late comer with UK, MSU, Duke and others recruiting him. Getting this kid wouldn't surprise me in the least.
PtownIllini8 is offline Reply With Quote