Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Old Dec 3, 2017, 10:21 PM   #1501
Dan
Admin
For all of you who are wondering where I’ll be going to school. December 22nd I’ll be making my decision. More information coming soon . Thank you
https://twitter.com/verdisbrown/stat...36251820945408
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 05:20 AM   #1502
Dan
Admin
Great home visit tonight with @wardth09 @hardynickerson @Iceman__21 #Littyville
https://twitter.com/D_Cradd5/status/937536179498516485
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 08:26 AM   #1503
mossimo142
Hopefully Lovie and the Illini can get at least have of our major targets. If he pulls it off, hopefully it will lend some credibility to his recruiting style/ability and at the same time ease the ache of some of these transfers.

Fingers crosses and optimistic, but ready for the bottom to fall out!
mossimo142 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 08:35 AM   #1504
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniNation1010 View Post
Sorry, I took it for granted when the previous poster said high-quality recruits, he was referring to highly ranked recruits. No one has higher regard for this staff's ability to evaluate talent than me What I was saying is if we fill all 25 spots there will be some recruits with us as their only Power 5 offer.
well we already have a few like that, J Slaughter for one, but the kid is a good one, he is only going to be 17 when he gets here, so a lot of room to grow and get his man strenght
BMo79 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 08:40 AM   #1505
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossimo142 View Post
Hopefully Lovie and the Illini can get at least have of our major targets. If he pulls it off, hopefully it will lend some credibility to his recruiting style/ability and at the same time ease the ache of some of these transfers.

Fingers crosses and optimistic, but ready for the bottom to fall out!
I do not have any ache from any of these guys who have left. they could of all been SR and no one would be thinking a thing about them. They werent going to get much time on the field ,and they gave us room for adding more to the team so I am happy the way its going
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:17 PM   #1506
Illinibatt
Lone Star Highlights (MJ Rivers) vs. Waxahachie

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/16729/5...bc3811fc9a8f72
Illinibatt is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 01:42 PM   #1507
thunderwear
Hey guys,

I have been following this thread, but I am not fully aware of our roster.

So, now that we had so many transfers, what are our positions of need?

What should I watch for, in terms of recruiting (outside of verdis)?
thunderwear is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2017, 05:47 PM   #1508
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderwear View Post
Hey guys,

I have been following this thread, but I am not fully aware of our roster.

So, now that we had so many transfers, what are our positions of need?

What should I watch for, in terms of recruiting (outside of verdis)?
I would say a little of everything, reuben.unije visits this weekend, Jordan Branch a BIG RB, Terin DeAndre` Adams a Juco CB also visiting this weekend I believe are 3 names to watch

and of course D Craddieth
Old Dec 4, 2017, 11:49 PM   #1509
SixthandWhite
I heard that we offered a player from Bloomington yesterday.
SixthandWhite is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:18 AM   #1510
IlliniNation1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixthandWhite View Post
I heard that we offered a player from Bloomington yesterday.

I think his name is Moore 2019 class
IlliniNation1010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 07:21 AM   #1511
BigStan97
From reading how things are going for this new recruiting class........... some of these freshman who played/started a lot this past year......they better be improving and developing this offseason cause if not..... our coaching staff doesn’t seem to care and they will be recruited over immediately. I hope all these young kids step up and develop so the classes can mesh together to form our roster.

One nice thing is most of the freshman this year will be sophomores next year so if we can redshirt more then it will give space between players in the same position. With after next year will create our depth.
BigStan97 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 08:55 AM   #1512
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigStan97 View Post
From reading how things are going for this new recruiting class........... some of these freshman who played/started a lot this past year......they better be improving and developing this offseason cause if not..... our coaching staff doesnít seem to care and they will be recruited over immediately. I hope all these young kids step up and develop so the classes can mesh together to form our roster.

One nice thing is most of the freshman this year will be sophomores next year so if we can redshirt more then it will give space between players in the same position. With after next year will create our depth.

the OL is for sure being recruited over, and it should be. Guy like Lowe could RS this year if we land the right guys, and it would really help out down the road. Once we see who all we end up with and who all are here for spring ball I think we will have a better idea of what this team can be
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:08 PM   #1513
IlliniJim20
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMo79 View Post
the OL is for sure being recruited over, and it should be. Guy like Lowe could RS this year if we land the right guys, and it would really help out down the road. Once we see who all we end up with and who all are here for spring ball I think we will have a better idea of what this team can be
by this do you mean a juco or grad transfer? I am struggling to think another true freshman would take his spot, allowing for a redshirt.

Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:11 PM   #1514
tpbradley
Ok, so I'm old apparently. What does Littyville mean?
tpbradley is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 12:18 PM   #1515
FT35
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJim20 View Post
by this do you mean a juco or grad transfer? I am struggling to think another true freshman would take his spot, allowing for a redshirt.
I don't want to speak for him but he's probably referring to Reuben Unije who is visiting this weekend:

https://247sports.com/Player/Reuben-Unije-84039

He would be an early enrollee so there would be time for him to learn the offense and challenge for the starting spot at LT. This is not at all unreasonable since they started Lowe in spite of the fact that he missed all of training camp and most of September due to an injury. This is a selling point to Unije over other schools where he would almost certainly be red shirted.

I would like to see Lowe red shirted, as he should have been this year, but the lack of Tackles on the roster is alarming. Even if we were to land someone like Unije, Lowe would probably still be the primary back up.

I would hope we can red shirt Slaughter and Pearl obviously isn't an option for next year.

A graduate transfer would be nice if we can't land Unije.
FT35 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 03:18 PM   #1516
BMo79
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT35 View Post
I don't want to speak for him but he's probably referring to Reuben Unije who is visiting this weekend:

https://247sports.com/Player/Reuben-Unije-84039

He would be an early enrollee so there would be time for him to learn the offense and challenge for the starting spot at LT. This is not at all unreasonable since they started Lowe in spite of the fact that he missed all of training camp and most of September due to an injury. This is a selling point to Unije over other schools where he would almost certainly be red shirted.

I would like to see Lowe red shirted, as he should have been this year, but the lack of Tackles on the roster is alarming. Even if we were to land someone like Unije, Lowe would probably still be the primary back up.

I would hope we can red shirt Slaughter and Pearl obviously isn't an option for next year.

A graduate transfer would be nice if we can't land Unije.
Yeah he is who I meant, I also wouldnt mind seeing a Grad or JC guy for the OL. Slaughter I believe is a better pass blocker then anyone we have right now at OT, but the fact he will still be 17 when he gets here, a year just getting old could do him a world of good. Pearl I would not at all be shocked to see start off as a Blocking TE,but rs would be great for him as well

If we land V Brown it will be interesting to see if he plays DT or C I would think what ever he plays Green would play the other side. As things sit right now I will not at all be shocked to see a FR on the OL again next year, then in 19 we will have JR/Soph/RSFR all fighting for playing time
Old Dec 5, 2017, 03:59 PM   #1517
mossimo142
https://twitter.com/antwainwalker2/s...63551520395264
Antwain Walker decommits
mossimo142 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 04:50 PM   #1518
Illini_1979
Quote:
Wish him all the best.
Illini_1979 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 04:52 PM   #1519
TownieMatt
CU Expat
Quote:
Was this his decision or ours?

Old Dec 5, 2017, 05:03 PM   #1520
mhuml32
Quote:
Originally Posted by TownieMatt View Post
Was this his decision or ours?

Reading the tea leaves, looks like Illinois coaching staff made the decision.
mhuml32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 05:08 PM   #1521
StateFarmCenter
Neither made the decision.
StateFarmCenter is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 05:09 PM   #1522
1LL1N1
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpbradley View Post
Ok, so I'm old apparently. What does Littyville mean?
I have the same question...
1LL1N1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 05:15 PM   #1523
Illwinsagain
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhuml32 View Post
Reading the tea leaves, looks like Illinois coaching staff made the decision.
So, now there are 11 spots to fill? This is going the wrong direction. Hopefully, we find an additional 11 quality players for the O&B.
Illwinsagain is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2017, 05:19 PM   #1524
IlliniJim20
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateFarmCenter View Post
Neither made the decision.
Sorry f I am being obtuse, but are you implying grades?

Old Dec 5, 2017, 05:46 PM   #1525
IlliniNation1010
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJim20 View Post
Sorry f I am being obtuse, but are you implying grades?
That would be very strange. He was planning to enroll early
IlliniNation1010 is offline Reply With Quote