Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > General > Track 5 Chat

I like all the pictures

Old Jan 19, 2005, 06:52 PM   #1
dbrown11for3
Banned
You guys are doing a nice job, and this format is the same one as Spartantailgate.com, right? When this gets more traffic and more posts, that search button is awesome to go back and look at old stuff. If you have ever gone to Spartantailgate.com, you can read about their views of the illiniboard meltdown on the day it switched to scout, the SL day, and so on, so thats cool.

The pictures are good, the backgrounds are GREAT, and the IL25 poll is neat, and I would be willing to submit a top 25 if you wanted.(I watch a lot of basketball).

I saw the link for the site when qtc13 made a post on the IB, when i clicked on it, I saw the pictures and stuff and wanted to join to say you guys were doing a good job. So i guess the more people see the link, the better chance of more people joining, which means more replies and stuff. Also a great get away when the IB has one of those obnoxious days where you can't escape that one topic everyone is bickering about. Its kinda like the Vacation Illini Board.

It's also good to know that when you post a message that has no foul intent, and sometimes even complimentary, it will be on the message board when you check back later, not deleted (Not that i have any problem with the Mods on the other board, they do a good job).

I donno i've got a couple ideas that maybe would be cool. Announcer rankings, everyone submits like a top 10 of announcers for the week, based on who is praising the illini and who is knocking them. Also there have been a lot of quotes by people outside the Illinois program this year on how impressed they are with the team. Earlier this year i got some of those quotes together, and you guys could create a page of quotes that people have said throughout the year.

Anyway keep up the good work and hopefully someone responds.
dbrown11for3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 08:21 PM   #2
Dan
Admin
Re: I like all the pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrown11for3
You guys are doing a nice job, and this format is the same one as Spartantailgate.com, right?
Thanks dbrown11for3, and welcome. Yes, this is the same forum software as SpartanTailgate.com.

Quote:
If you have ever gone to Spartantailgate.com, you can read about their views of the illiniboard meltdown on the day it switched to scout, the SL day, and so on, so thats cool.
Interesting, I'll have to try that. (What's SL Day, should I know this? Steve Lavin Day?) Yes these posts will live on indefinately, so it will become a kind of Illini archive. Too bad the IB isn't archived, it would be fascinating to go back in time.

Quote:
...the IL25 poll is neat, and I would be willing to submit a top 25 if you wanted.
Your vote is due to IlliniNYC by Monday noon.

Quote:
Announcer rankings, everyone submits like a top 10 of announcers for the week
If you want to do it and get 4 or more people to vote, we could do it.
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 08:58 PM   #3
dbrown11for3
Banned
Re: I like all the pictures

Quote:
Interesting, I'll have to try that. (What's SL Day, should I know this? Steve Lavin Day?)
The day Shaun Livingston announced he was going to Duke, and Brumby shut down the IB because of traffic problems and had the message of something about Black Monday. (was this just a joke at like trying to forget he existed?)

Quote:
Yes these posts will live on indefinately, so it will become a kind of Illini archive. Too bad the IB isn't archived, it would be fascinating to go back in time.
Haha, its both bad and good. It's bad because it would be classic to go back and read about Chris Duhon's rib, but its a good thing because it creates Illiniboard Myths and Legends, which are almost as fun to discuss.
dbrown11for3 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | General Chat | Next Thread »