Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Spring practice videos

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,138
Most of these haven't been posted yet, so playing catchup here's the IlliniProductionsHD videos thus far from spring practice-









Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,138





Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 08:42 PM   #3
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,138














Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2012, 09:17 PM   #4
Ander1345
Posts: 408
Yeah... Coach Butkus' mannerisms are exactly what I'd expect from a Butkus who coaches the offensive line. Straight to the point is an understatement.
Ander1345 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:04 AM   #5
Kramer116
Kramer116's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,606
Thanks for linking these all up Dan!

In the Coach Beckman post practice video from 3/12, it was kind of funny seeing Jon Davis just making one handed catches for the first minute of Beckman's interview in the background. He has some big hands.
Kramer116 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 08:10 AM   #6
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 24,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
Thanks for linking these all up Dan!

In the Coach Beckman post practice video from 3/12, it was kind of funny seeing Jon Davis just making one handed catches for the first minute of Beckman's interview in the background. He has some big hands.
I didn't notice that until you pointed it out. Great hands. Interesting that he was trying this with both hands (though better with the right hand).

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 09:36 AM   #7
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,138


Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:04 AM   #8
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,138








Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:05 AM   #9
illiniobserver22
illiniobserver22's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,878
Some insight from the RB video- they appear to be hitting the swing passes hard, as well as practicing motion from WR to the backfield and running read option/jet sweep from that. Some of the same stuff we saw from Toledo's offense.
illiniobserver22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 10:07 AM   #10
illynifan34
That's a winner!!
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 8,059
Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniobserver22 View Post
Some insight from the RB video- they appear to be hitting the swing passes hard, as well as practicing motion from WR to the backfield and running read option/jet sweep from that. Some of the same stuff we saw from Toledo's offense.
And LSU...

__________________
www.afsp.org

In Mike I Trust

Aggressive

illynifan34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 15, 2012, 11:24 AM   #11
BigStan97
Location: Dayton OH area
Posts: 1,842
on scout there is an article talking about how Grimes has moved to ILB, Williams and Thomas are 1-2 for the star LB position Fuller has some time at the Star and at Safety

OT Simon C is at LT and Flavin 6'7 275 and McDowell 6'5 278 are both battling it out for the #2

also talked about Flavin at 6'7 is continuing to try and add weight to his long frame and McDowell who was listed at 290 last year is down to 278 and is now trying to gain good weight
BigStan97 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17, 2012, 03:38 PM   #12
NS2toAJ8
Posts: 824
Did anyone else notice Jon Davis making all those one handed catches in the background of Coach Beckman's 3/12 post practice interview?
NS2toAJ8 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2012, 08:02 AM   #13
LubbockIlliniFan
Future Illini class of 2028!
LubbockIlliniFan's Avatar
Location: Lubbock, TX
Posts: 1,018
looks like based on all the video's even the ones from the off season competitions, that the team has bought into the new coaches and system...hope this pays off in August and next season

__________________
Bleeding Orange and Blue in Lubbock
LubbockIlliniFan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:01 AM   #14
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,138


Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:10 AM   #15
Illini125
Illini125's Avatar
Posts: 1,598
Well I think we had a good idea already, but now it looks like Daniel Rhodes isn't playing TE for sure. Wasn't mentioned by name, and didn't see him at all on the video.
Illini125 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:45 AM   #16
illiniobserver22
illiniobserver22's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Posts: 1,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illini125 View Post
Well I think we had a good idea already, but now it looks like Daniel Rhodes isn't playing TE for sure. Wasn't mentioned by name, and didn't see him at all on the video.
D-Line
illiniobserver22 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:57 AM   #17
mailpost21
mailpost21's Avatar
Posts: 40
Hi Dan, I wasn`t sure which thread to put this on so... I understand BTN was in town to do a piece on the spring ball. Any idea when it might be on? TIA.
mailpost21 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:02 AM   #18
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,138
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailpost21 View Post
Hi Dan, I wasn`t sure which thread to put this on so... I understand BTN was in town to do a piece on the spring ball. Any idea when it might be on? TIA.
Thanks, not sure when it'll be available but I'll keep an eye out, probably a spring football extravaganza on all the teams in April.
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:47 PM   #19
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,138








Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:43 PM   #20
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 24,219
Oh no... Sanni is having problems with his other Achilles tendon (Beckman interview).

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 06:02 AM   #21
AHSIllini32
Banned
Posts: 8,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
Oh no... Sanni is having problems with his other Achilles tendon (Beckman interview).
yeah lets hope it's just a little inflammation and a little rest/treatment will solve the problem.
AHSIllini32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:15 AM   #22
FredrickFremont
Banned
Location: Bangers
Posts: 1,012
Special Teams went back to basics, huh? Wonder why.
FredrickFremont is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:38 AM   #23
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 24,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHSIllini32 View Post
yeah lets hope it's just a little inflammation and a little rest/treatment will solve the problem.
Bum luck that while we only have two major injuries holding guys back this spring, they are at RB and S, our two thinnest positions.

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:50 AM   #24
AHSIllini32
Banned
Posts: 8,257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
Bum luck that while we only have two major injuries holding guys back this spring, they are at RB and S, our two thinnest positions.
Yep, but as Beckman said hopefully it gives another guy a chance to step up and shine as it appears it has for Ferguson at RB who, according to Rittenberg has turned some heads this spring while Young's been out.
AHSIllini32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 28, 2012, 09:50 AM   #25
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 24,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHSIllini32 View Post
Yep, but as Beckman said hopefully it gives another guy a chance to step up and shine as it appears it has for Ferguson at RB who, according to Rittenberg has turned some heads this spring while Young's been out.
I'm high on Ferguson. He appears to be very similar to Adonis Thomas, the super quick RB for Toledo last year. He might be a better for the new offense than Donovan Young. Still, we need more than one back!

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Forum Jump