Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Pregame: Illinois at Hawaii, Friday, Novmber 16th, 11:30pm CT

Closed Thread

Old Nov 14, 2012, 07:02 PM   #76
IlliniRunIn07
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac85 View Post
I am stationed at Hickam AFB and just bought tickets to the game. Ive been a follower on this thread for many years! Pretty excited that my first glimpse of this years team will be live.
As the others have stated, thank you! Hopefully they give you a good game to attend!
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:29 PM   #77
Dan
Admin
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:59 AM   #78
JoeJ
Will the game be available streaming in the morning? Not likely I will be up for 12:30 EST start.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:43 AM   #79
Dan
Admin
Quote:
me & @MLaTulip_5 just ordered 2 $17 burgers and a couple $5 beverages room service...total is $60...#FigureThatOneOut

http://twitter.com/BP3
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:46 AM   #80
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Photo Gallery: Illini Visit Pearl Harbor

http://www.fightingillini.com/view.gal?id=129356
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:48 AM   #81
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Groce is starting to feel the (sun) burn

John Groce's fair skin doesn't deal well with extreme amounts of sun. So while his and the other coaches' wives soak up the rays in paradise, Groce and the Illini have spent the bulk of their time in the gym and the film room.

"We've got a little bit bigger fish to fry right now," Illinois' first-year coach said Wednesday. "Plus, I'm not necessarily a sun worshipper. I get crushed by the rays, so I'm usually operating with SPF 75 or higher most of the time. I'm taking it in small doses."

Marcus Jackson
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:49 AM   #82
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
Will the game be available streaming in the morning? Not likely I will be up for 12:30 EST start.
Good question, I don't see any archives listed on their web site.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:54 AM   #83
Dan
Admin
Looks like we'll get a 3-minute video of Hawaii's highlights against Illinois, posted on Hawaii Athletics' youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiat...?feature=watch
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:04 AM   #84
RedButkus
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Looks like we'll get a 3-minute video of Hawaii's highlights against Illinois, posted on Hawaii Athletics' youtube channel- http://www.youtube.com/user/hawaiiat...?feature=watch
What do you make of this? https://secure.oceanic.com/Streaming/
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:09 AM   #85
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedButkus View Post
What do you make of this? https://secure.oceanic.com/Streaming/
Hawaii game will be available live online at that link.

I should have clarified, after the game is over, it doesn't look like there will be much video of the game available except the highlight video from Hawaii. I don't know if Illini Athletics will be able to post their own video highlights, but we'll find out Saturday morning.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:11 AM   #86
BelgianIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac85 View Post
I am stationed at Hickam AFB and just bought tickets to the game. Ive been a follower on this thread for many years! Pretty excited that my first glimpse of this years team will be live.
Nice, I used to be stationed at Hickam AFB also. Have fun at the game. I hope the Illini come to Ramstein AB Germany sometime instead of MSU and UCONN.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:40 PM   #87
IlliniSteve
Hawaii - 64

Last edited by IlliniSteve; Nov 15, 2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:08 PM   #88
PeoriaSteve
Banned
Quote:

I should have clarified, after the game is over, it doesn't look like there will be much video of the game available except the highlight video from Hawaii. I don't know if Illini Athletics will be able to post their own video highlights, but we'll find out Saturday morning.
Thanks, Dan, I thought I'd be stuck with the radio feed.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:04 PM   #89
alexander58
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILL in Iowa View Post
Does LaTulip remind anyone else of Matt Heldman. I know Heldman was a scholarship but they both about the same height, and Heldman was a total gym rat that got the most possible out of his talent. If Latulip ends up being nearly as good as Heldman Uof I got a steal.
Like Heldman, Latulip is a little overmatched physically. Matt shot the ball pretty well for not having great form. Latulip has great form and a quick release. I believe he will be a very valuable player before he's done.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:08 PM   #90
WiskyIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelgianIllini View Post
Nice, I used to be stationed at Hickam AFB also. Have fun at the game. I hope the Illini come to Ramstein AB Germany sometime instead of MSU and UCONN.
I was stationed at Hahn and then Ramstein back in the late 80's. My daughter is studying to be a dentist at the school In Ludwigshafen.

I miss being there, but plan making a road trip sometime next year and definitely the year after for her graduation.

My ex was from Duisburg/Neuss area and the beer up there was awesome, especially Dussel Alt.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:54 PM   #91
hooraybeer
this is the ESPN scoreboard.. if i didn't know better i would think the game started late tonight.

Last edited by Dan; Nov 15, 2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: removed image
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:48 PM   #92
trevdv
I think we're gonna win, but I don't see it being easy. Not just because they're 3-0, not just because it's after a long trip, but because it just "feels" like a trap game to me. Not that it means much to anyone else, but my gut is telling me this is a total trap game FWIW.

Maybe it's in part due to the 2007 "win," but it just feels like the equivalent of 2010's Illinois-Chicago Flames upset loss, or 2009's Utah or Bradley loss... this one just doesn't make me feel great.

Hawaii - 77
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:54 PM   #93
OrangeAndBlue217
Illini win 85-67
Old Nov 15, 2012, 08:51 PM   #94
plooger
Quote:
The info at the link seems to indicate that the game *will* be available via TV, for those lucky enough to have Oceanic Time Warner Cable, in Hawaii.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:36 PM   #95
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooraybeer View Post
this is the ESPN scoreboard.. if i didn't know better i would think the game started late tonight.
(Removed the screen shot & a few other posts)

Hey hooraybeer, the school's official site (or look at the schedule on the IllinoisLoyalty Home Page) is the best place to reference the hoops schedule, thanks

Last edited by Dan; Nov 15, 2012 at 09:50 PM.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 01:27 AM   #96
Aristotle
hawaii 58

I think we just have flat-out more talent then them.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:07 AM   #97
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Illinois basketball's hot start shifts to Hawaii

"One of the things that's made me very optimistic is the way we played Monday night with the Hawaii trip looming," Groce said. "Those guys weren’t thinking about Hawaii."

Groce, who's making his first trip to Hawaii, inherited this schedule from Weber, including the Warrior game, which gives the Illini a chance to adjust to island time, which is four hours earlier than their Champaign clocks, before their late Maui tipoffs.

"We're just playing the cards we're dealt," Groce said. "The schedule was already done before I took the job. But I'm hoping it helps us heading into next week's tournament that we've been out here for a few days."

Herb Gould
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:47 AM   #98
PeoriaSteve
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
hawaii 58

Congrats on your first post from Rome! I like your prediction. Let's run the Warriors out of their own stadium.
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:52 AM   #99
Foo G
Can bring the ball up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristotle View Post
hawaii 58

You still have to play the game.
We had way more talent than West Chester, but if that game had lasted another 5 minutes, we may have joined MSU and Syracuse as trivia question answers.

"I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in its place. I'm gonna tell you what place it's in; it's in a great place. That's what place it's in." - Chief John Groce
Old Nov 16, 2012, 08:58 AM   #100
LWIllini87
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdv View Post
I think we're gonna win, but I don't see it being easy. Not just because they're 3-0, not just because it's after a long trip, but because it just "feels" like a trap game to me. Not that it means much to anyone else, but my gut is telling me this is a total trap game FWIW.

Maybe it's in part due to the 2007 "win," but it just feels like the equivalent of 2010's Illinois-Chicago Flames upset loss, or 2009's Utah or Bradley loss... this one just doesn't make me feel great.

Hawaii - 77
Just remember, this is a new coach and a new era. For all we know, we could win by 30--that's what makes this season so exciting.
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »