Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Northwestern 50, Illinois 14 POSTGAME

Old Nov 24, 2012, 11:46 PM   #251
OBxpress
Coaches dont make bad passes, or fumble the balll, I believe Bexkman didnt coach very well but some of te blame needs to go to the guys on the field
OBxpress is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:17 AM   #252
illinifootballfan
Who didnt see the safety comming at the end of the game . st has improved throughout the season, but whats with giving everyone on the team a chance to return the kick. Same subject, after the ASU game I actually thought that not having a return man back would improve our field position and limit our tos. Looking forward to see how they plan to right this ship. Go Illini football .
illinifootballfan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 12:49 AM   #253
rosmar90
There are rumblings that USC may send Lane Kiffin packing... I would take him off their hands.
rosmar90 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:16 AM   #254
TruIllini89
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosmar90 View Post
There are rumblings that USC may send Lane Kiffin packing... I would take him off their hands.
Sounds good in theory, but then you realize this guy could not win with 4-5 star recruits and he will not have all of Southern Cal to pick and choose his players from, not a good coach to top it off IMHO.

Last edited by TruIllini89; Nov 25, 2012 at 03:29 AM.
TruIllini89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 03:23 AM   #255
TruIllini89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
The dilemma is, should we show patience and accept that things may or may not change, or cut our losses, admit failure and move on?
That is the million dollar que$tion, Pay now or pay more later
TruIllini89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:44 AM   #256
kgwasmyfavorite
Banned
Quote:
Oh God, please no!
kgwasmyfavorite is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 05:46 AM   #257
kgwasmyfavorite
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBrown View Post
I understand that but lets seriously give Beckman a chance.....these were Zooks players and it was a team with zero depth.....it will take a couple years to right the ship....I think if Zook had stayed we may have gone 4-8 but no better.....I am willing to give Beckman next year and the following year as long as improvement is noticable next year and recruiting remains on its current track
He's had 12 games and not only hasn't he shown improvement...the team has actually gotten significantly worse.
kgwasmyfavorite is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 06:39 AM   #258
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Beckman's first year a colossal failure

I'm not trying to beat the guy up, but the evaluation should be pretty harsh when the offense, defense and special teams have all underperformed, when the football incompetence has turned off many fans and public relations snafus have turned off many of the rest.

Tupper

Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 07:38 AM   #259
PointGuardU01
Quote:
Lane Kiffin? You've got to be joking! You want to have a BIGGER embarassment as head coach? I cannot believe I just read that someone wants Lane Kiffin as their head coach. If this isnt a joke you really should do a little research on Mr. Kiffin.
PointGuardU01 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:34 AM   #260
Dadofagrad
Glad my daughter went to OSU for grad school. At least it gave me a second but real team to also cheer for. Now that is a program! Undefeated, new coach and a bunch of seniors with nothing to play for but pride.
Dadofagrad is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:36 AM   #261
PaytonHighstep
Lane kiffen is a joke, see his current and last job as reasons not to even mention his name. Wow... if the illini fire and hire, it won't be a big name unless they throw an absurd amount of money at them. Remember this didn't work last year with Sumlin...
PaytonHighstep is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 08:37 AM   #262
Dan
Admin
Please discuss Tim Beckman on the hot seat here-

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forum...ad.php?t=18798
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 09:26 AM   #263
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadofagrad View Post
Glad my daughter went to OSU for grad school. At least it gave me a second but real team to also cheer for. Now that is a program! Undefeated, new coach and a bunch of seniors with nothing to play for but pride.
Psst... They are on probation--they cheated. Prior to this probation era, it was the Clarett era...they cheated again.
Glad my son went to Illinois' Engineering grad school, in spite of FB program.
TCTORNADO is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 25, 2012, 01:06 PM   #264
illinois_hustle
My Kool-Aid needs vodka
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Psst... They are on probation--they cheated. Prior to this probation era, it was the Clarett era...they cheated again.
Glad my son went to Illinois' Engineering grad school, in spite of FB program.
Great post.
illinois_hustle is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »