Admin
Joseph Bertrand's And-1 vs Georgia Tech 11/28

IlliniProductionsHD

Groce presser - Ga Tech - Joe & Brandon

Rob McColley
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:25 PM   #177
trevdv
Hahaha Jerry... "It's your world, Joe!!!" I've already watched that like 7 times.
trevdv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:26 PM   #178
Dan
Admin
Ted Valentine sassing the Pauls

Rob McColley
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:28 PM   #179
Ransom Stoddard
Ordained Dudeist Priest
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb927 View Post
FYI, sorry if it's been posted - you can buy the Krush shirts here:

http://www.homage.com/store/collegiate/illinois

$5 of each sale goes straight to the Orange Krush Foundation, which is the charitable wing of Krush and donates $150k+ each year to various local charities!
Is "Homage" a brand? I was wondering what the significance was of having that on the sleeve of the t-shirt.
Ransom Stoddard is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:30 PM   #180
classof2016
#JOETALES. We have a different hero every night, I love it.
classof2016 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:30 PM   #181
WingDinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botb9 View Post
He got pushed around quite a bit on defense by guys who weren't really bigger.
They weren't taller. They most definately were bigger and stronger.

Egwu will be fine. The upside is there and it's well known he was going to take him time to develop.

A problem on offense for him is his shot takes way too long to get off (interior game). From the time the ball hits his hands to the time of his release, it's too slow. It's why he gets so many stuffed.
WingDinger is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:32 PM   #182
Botb9
Realist
Wow, now I see why that play went all crazy. Joe felt Miller getting near to block the shot, pulled it back with two hands, then back up with the right hand, all while continuing to ascend to the hoop. Just an unreal play!

Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:33 PM   #183
illinifan31
Orange Krush Cow
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallrock98 View Post
I saw you too! :laugh:

Kind of looked like some weird ritual thing going on down there.
It was the other guys dance, they were nice enough to let me join in. It looked like too much fun to pass up.
illinifan31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:34 PM   #184
demmario
For anyone who thinks JBs run was a fluke...ask the Mizzou squad from last year.
demmario is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:34 PM   #185
trevdv
Ted Valentine, I don't even want to get started on you on a nice night like this one. I'm off to an early slumber, go Illini, Ted: please retire.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:35 PM   #186
trevdv
Quote:
Originally Posted by demmario View Post
For anyone who thinks JBs run was a fluke...ask the Mizzou squad from last year.
You're right, but I don't know who thinks this...
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:36 PM   #187
Ransom Stoddard
Ordained Dudeist Priest
Quote:
Originally Posted by WingDinger View Post
They weren't taller. They most definately were bigger and stronger.

Egwu will be fine. The upside is there and it's well known he was going to take him time to develop.

A problem on offense for him is his shot takes way too long to get off (interior game). From the time the ball hits his hands to the time of his release, it's too slow. It's why he gets so many stuffed.
I thought Miller had about an inch on Egwu, but he was definitely bigger and stronger. The biggest area I see for Egwu to improve is just playing smarter and being aware of where his man is. He was only listed with 1 turnover tonight, but it seemed like he didn't always have control of the ball when the play went through him.

Miller also had 5 of GT's 6 blocks, which means that they didn't respect Egwu's offense enough that they could rotate Miller off of him to play the block some of the time--although a couple of his blocks were in transition where Egwu wasn't involved in the play.
Ransom Stoddard is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:42 PM   #188
WizardBill
Illini optimist
Quote:
Originally Posted by UIUC1867 View Post
Side rant: I'm so disgusted by the people in Section A who left early tonight. At the very least, you could stick around to the final horn and give the players some appreciation. That just didn't look very good at all on national TV. Guess they wanted to beat the traffic. :rolleyes:

This is Champaign-Urbana, NOT Los Angeles!
I have an idea. I think we need to let MT (any others who might have a say?) that we find it unacceptable that the high profile seats are being given to people who do not show up to games, who leave early, and who do not appear to care much about the basketball team.

We should then, send the exact same email every day until it accomplishes something. It is pretty easy to do that. Just keep sending the same email on a daily basis. After getting the same email about the same subject 4,000 times a day from everyone on this list, AND anyone else who might be interested (the ENTIRE student body?), maybe it might create a change.

One person omplaining once in a while does NOTHING. Fifty people complaining once a week does NOTHING. Four thousand emails every single day makes a difference.

Can anyone write it, or do we need me to make a draft copy? Strength in numbers is a huge thing. What does everyone think?
WizardBill is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:45 PM   #189
OrangeAndBlue217
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardBill View Post
I have an idea. I think we need to let MT (any others who might have a say?) that we find it unacceptable that the high profile seats are being given to people who do not show up to games, who leave early, and who do not appear to care much about the basketball team.

We should then, send the exact same email every day until it accomplishes something. It is pretty easy to do that. Just keep sending the same email on a daily basis. After getting the same email about the same subject 4,000 times a day from everyone on this list, AND anyone else who might be interested (the ENTIRE student body?), maybe it might create a change.

One person omplaining once in a while does NOTHING. Fifty people complaining once a week does NOTHING. Four thousand emails every single day makes a difference.

Can anyone write it, or do we need me to make a draft copy? Strength in numbers is a huge thing. What does everyone think?
I support this. Question is now. If its MT do we actually get his email or one that goes to a secretary?
OrangeAndBlue217 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:48 PM   #190
07Illini
Quote:
Originally Posted by demmario View Post
I don't think anyone here has been saying that JoeBert was a fluke.
07Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:49 PM   #191
ole 99
Biggest downer has to be the attendance. Onlly 12,224?
ole 99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:51 PM   #192
2005ILLINIWHITESOX
Great win, glad to see this team bounce back in the second half when they got down...good effort again by the upperclassmen...definitely looks like we need to work on free throw shooting
2005ILLINIWHITESOX is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:54 PM   #193
hooraybeer
JOEB #3 on ESPN TOP TEN!!
hooraybeer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:55 PM   #194
Thacher_H_Guild
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardBill View Post
There are two types of people in the A section:
1. people who have had tickets a VERY long time (some going back to Huff Gym--seriously).
2. Loyalty Circle members (that is, people who donate at least $10,000/year).

Neither one of those groups is going to get displaced by a letter campaign.

What can (and probably will) happen, however, is some reseating will be necessary when the renovation happens. One way or another, they will use that as a chance to get more students near the floor. You can write letter if you want, but nothing is going to change until the renovation.
Thacher_H_Guild is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:55 PM   #195
Thacher_H_Guild
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooraybeer View Post
JOEB #3 on ESPN TOP TEN!!
Just saw that too--outstanding!
Thacher_H_Guild is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:56 PM   #196
Dan
Admin

IlliniProductionsHD
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:58 PM   #197
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Joe gets #3 on top ten #JoeTales

http://twitter.com/BP3
Old Nov 28, 2012, 10:59 PM   #198
gordonbacon15
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rNqfhfvp8w

This particular #JoeTale just keeps getting sweeter. If you look behind the photographers on the baseline, you can make out what I believe to be a Michael Finke fist-pump after the shot goes in

Last edited by Dan; Nov 28, 2012 at 11:03 PM.
gordonbacon15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:00 PM   #199
plooger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botb9 View Post
Wow, now I see why that play went all crazy. Joe felt Miller getting near to block the shot, pulled it back with two hands, then back up with the right hand, all while continuing to ascend to the hoop. Just an unreal play!
and straight over a defender, who he might have cleared cleanly if not for the baggy shorts.
plooger is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:00 PM   #200
pfillini43
JB make #3 on sportcenters top 10!!!
pfillini43 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »