illinifaninaz
Duke gets number 1
illinifaninaz is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:13 PM   #202
DG1985
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingillini18 View Post
Defender has to be set before the offensive player leaves his feet. Ga Tech player was still sliding into position as Joe took off. Good Call.
It was a good call, but it's not about being set. it's about having defensive position, which he never established. actually wasn't even close
DG1985 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:17 PM   #203
illinifan4249
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan31 View Post
It was the other guys dance, they were nice enough to let me join in. It looked like too much fun to pass up.
We always want to have the cow dancing with us :laugh:
But seriously we do a train thing for Crazy train and due to limited space on the floor it became a circle and a cow jumped in and ESPN just ate it up...
illinifan4249 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:18 PM   #204
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Illinois 75, Georgia Tech 62: Way to go, Joe!

The 6-foot-6, fourth-year junior did what he does. He ignited the crowd himself, going on a personal 10-0 run, sandwiching a pair of layups with two three-pointers to give No. 22 Illinois a lead it wouldn't relinquish in a 75-62 win against the Yellow Jackets in the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

"I've got a lot of confidence in Joe," Groce said. "Joe always competes. He brings big-time energy. I never watch practice film and say Joe is not playing hard. He competed on the backboard and he was good in zone. Made plays on offense and ignited that 21-4 run."

Marcus Jackson
Quote:
Bertrand takes game over for Illini

It started when Brandon Paul stole the ball and hit Bertrand with an outlet pass, resulting in a gliding fast break layup that closed Georgia Tech’s lead to 58-56.

At that instant, Groce turned to the Assembly Hall crowd and began windmilling his arms, begging the fans to crank up the volume.

"I don't do that a whole lot with the crowd, but I thought it was a heck of a play and we needed them," Groce said. "It makes a huge difference. The energy in the building went up another notch or two and our players feed off that."

Tupper
Quote:
The Game Where JoeBert Went All Frankie

From trailing 58-54 to leading 64-58, all in 98 seconds, all by Joseph Bertrand. Good God that was fun.

http://alioneye.com/2012/11/29/the-g...t-all-frankie/
Quote:
Bertrand's Late Surge Lifts Illinois Over Georgia Tech

"It's really helped my confidence," Bertrand said. "I'm looking to shoot them more this year. I was driving more last year. I'm looking to do both."

Bertrand was 6 for 8 from the floor while going 3 of 4 behind the 3-point line.

"He brings a lot of energy off the bench," Georgia Tech coach Brian Gregory said. "He's a great athlete. He's just streaky enough to be dangerous."

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...112812aab.html

Last edited by Dan; Nov 28, 2012 at 11:26 PM.
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:18 PM   #205
DG1985
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botb9 View Post
He has some pretty severe weaknesses. He got pushed around quite a bit on defense by guys who weren't really bigger.

The issue is that he's a non-factor on offense. 6 points in 25 minutes isn't good when you're in the post all the time and should be taking high percentage shots.

Some of this may be expectation. All we keep hearing about is how he took 23000 shots this summer, then he comes in, can only manage 5 or 6 attempts a game and never gets to the FT line (8 FT attempts all year). We're all thinking he's going to have a breakout year, and he's just been meh. Perhaps we need to adjust our expectations?
Yes, I think dialing down the expectations is what we need to do. He had two blocked shots today. And GTs bigs had nice offensive games, but really nothing out of the ordinary for them.
DG1985 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:19 PM   #206
troydove
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by demmario View Post
For anyone who thinks JBs run was a fluke...ask the Mizzou squad from last year.
WE need BP JB DL MH in the line up more so than DJ and TA and Ibby has week hands, play more of Sam less TA, less Ibby

Sam5 MH4 DL3 JB2 BP1
troydove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:23 PM   #207
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by troydove View Post
WE need BP JB DL MH in the line up more so than DJ and TA and Ibby has week hands, play more of Sam less TA, less Ibby

Sam5 MH4 DL3 JB2 BP1
So no Tyler Griffey? And less Ibby, because during those 30 seconds of bench clearing time he has "week" [sic] hands?

Have you seen Illinois play this year? Or glanced at a box score?:laugh::laugh:

Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:30 PM   #208
07Illini
Quote:

Sam5 MH4 DL3 JB2 BP1
Say what?! Are we watching the same games?

Are we being punked? Where are the cameras? Ashton, I see you over there.
07Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:31 PM   #209
TheChiefRises
Someone needs to tell me if JoeB made SportsCenter top 10. He deserves it, just not sure he'll get it.

Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:32 PM   #210
OrangeAndBlue217
Quote:

Sam5 MH4 DL3 JB2 BP1
Uh huh...
OrangeAndBlue217 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:33 PM   #211
07Illini
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChiefRises View Post
Someone needs to tell me if JoeB made SportsCenter top 10. He deserves it, just not sure he'll get it.
It's been posted. . .
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:34 PM   #212
Loyalillini10
Quote:

Sam5 MH4 DL3 JB2 BP1
Is this a joke? This makes no sense.

Also, it would be "weak" hands not "week" hands.
Loyalillini10 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:35 PM   #213
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loyalillini10 View Post
Is this a joke? This makes no sense.
I'm thinking someone did some extra celebrating after the game.

Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:38 PM   #214
07Illini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
I'm thinking someone did some extra celebrating after the game.
There should be a rule about posting from KAM'S.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:43 PM   #215
TruIllini89
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChiefRises View Post
TruIllini89 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:45 PM   #216
IlliniFreak7
Banned
Did anyone think the crowd was a little lame today except at the end? I feel like this team really feeds off that energy and we just werent bringing it for most of the game. Hope this improves as the team keeps getting good results.
IlliniFreak7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:47 PM   #217
liquidwisdom
Quote:

Sam5 MH4 DL3 JB2 BP1
Less Ibby? That's about as random as calling for less Berardini, based on the season so far. I'm for more Ibby...in his current role of mopping up comfortable leads to close out UI wins.
liquidwisdom is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:48 PM   #218
07Illini
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFreak7 View Post
Did anyone think the crowd was a little lame today except at the end? I feel like this team really feeds off that energy and we just werent bringing it for most of the game. Hope this improves as the team keeps getting good results.
The crowd hasn't been the same for a few years. I thought the crowd tonight did a much better job than in recent history. Even the geezers in A section were standing in the second half. It's developing. . .
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:50 PM   #219
BlockI
Banned
I think the crowd is so used to the lack of strong finishes to games it will take a few more wins to get that noise level back in the hall.
BlockI is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:50 PM   #220
troydove
Banned
If we can get Myke and DL in the flow along with BP and JB we're bigtime. Bring the soph TA and Griff and Ibby of the bench. Get Shaw some, we'll need him under the basket later on.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:10 AM   #221
troydove
Banned
EGWU (weak) out of sync/ TA drive's like a caveman, head down and no focus/DJ in 4 years hasn't staid infront of my gramma yet-no D whatsoever. JB and BP have nba potential but need help. Griff/ Myke/ DL/Sam we make sweet 16

Last edited by troydove; Nov 29, 2012 at 12:21 AM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:11 AM   #222
TheChiefRises
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Illini View Post
It's been posted. . .
Is it possible to get the top 10 video so I can bask in Illinois sports glory?

Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:12 AM   #223
Groundhogday
Quote:
If we can get Myke and DL in the flow along with BP and JB we're bigtime. Bring the soph TA and Griff and Ibby of the bench. Get Shaw some, we'll need him under the basket later on.
Quote:
Ibby (weak) out of sync/ TA drive's like a caveman, head down and no focus/DJ in 4 years hasn't staid infront of my gramma yet-no D whatsoever. JB and BP have nba potential but need help. Griff/ Myke/ DL/Sam we make sweet 16
Dude. This is entertaining, but time to sleep it off.:laugh:

Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:17 AM   #224
IlliniFreak7
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07Illini View Post
The crowd hasn't been the same for a few years. I thought the crowd tonight did a much better job than in recent history. Even the geezers in A section were standing in the second half. It's developing. . .
Yea, I remember the last few years having to stand just to block peoples view to get people to stand up and get into the game haha. Its been bad but we definitely need to get it back
IlliniFreak7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:19 AM   #225
troydove
Banned
Instead of Ibby --- EGWU Both are a weber let down's

We need Henry and DL to preform, they need time on the floor, and yes Egwu has weak hands/ TA is not a guard/ and DJ can't guard his mom. SO, we need Myke, DL, Sam and Tyler to man up and take over

Last edited by troydove; Nov 29, 2012 at 12:31 AM.

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »