Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Pregame: Illinois vs Western Carolina, Tuesday, December 4th, 7:00pm CT

Closed Thread

Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:38 PM   #101
Bring The Paign
Banned
I will be in the house to watch the Illini kick some a$$... GO ILLINI!!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:07 PM   #102
drumanimal
No TV? really come on?
Old Dec 4, 2012, 06:03 AM   #103
Kramer116
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumanimal View Post
No TV? really come on?
The BTN replay is tomorrow Wednesday at 12:30 PM central time.

Even though it is annoying, I never get too worked up about it. It is not that big of a deal to follow the gametracker and just watch the game tomorrow.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Old Dec 4, 2012, 06:59 AM   #104
Illini70math
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardBill View Post
Since we have only had 8 games on the schedule, winning 15 by now would have been REALLY TOUGH! :laugh:
I thought we were a no-excuses organization!

Old Dec 4, 2012, 07:16 AM   #105
HoopCity
Will the audio of this game be streamed ? I know one of the earlier games had streamed audio. I don't understand the thinking on not allowing these games to be streamed on the audio side so if you are traveling, bowling etc you can listen to the game ??

Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:03 AM   #106
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopCity View Post
Will the audio of this game be streamed ? I know one of the earlier games had streamed audio. I don't understand the thinking on not allowing these games to be streamed on the audio side so if you are traveling, bowling etc you can listen to the game ??
The Illini Radio stream of all games this season is available thru the $9.95/month plan- http://www.fightingillini.com/allaccess/

(That's the same plan/site where the live video is available tonight.)
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:07 AM   #107
ILLINIDAWG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The Illini Radio stream of all games this season is available thru the $9.95/month plan- http://www.fightingillini.com/allaccess/

(That's the same plan/site where the live video is available tonight.)
So all this BTN to go doesn mean much?

Last edited by Dan; Dec 4, 2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:25 AM   #108
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINIDAWG View Post
So all this BTN to go doesn mean much?
BTN2Go, free if your service provider gets it, allows you to watch BTN (the TV channel) from you internet connection, iPad, iPhone, or Android smartphone.

Tonight's game is on the Big Ten Digital Network, the Big Ten's pay online service (different from BTN2Go). The pay BTDN has a team's radio broadcast streams, press conferences, most of the exhibition game videos and at least 1 non-conference game video stream.

It's confusing.

This is the last Illini game on the BTDN this season, so if you subscribed just for the Illini men's basketball games, don't forget to cancel tomorrow.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:41 AM   #109
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Illinois Game Notes vs. Western Carolina

http://www.fightingillini.com/sports...120312aac.html
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:42 AM   #110
ChazzReinhold
Mom! The Meatloaf!
Quote:
BTN2Go, free if your service provider gets it, allows you to watch BTN (the TV channel) from you internet connection, iPad, iPhone, or Android smartphone.

Tonight's game is on the Big Ten Digital Network, the Big Ten's pay online service (different from BTN2Go). The pay BTDN has a team's radio broadcast streams, press conferences, most of the exhibition game videos and at least 1 non-conference game video stream.

It's confusing.

This is the last Illini game on the BTDN this season, so if you subscribed just for the Illini men's basketball games, don't forget to cancel tomorrow.
Yes, BTN2Go is far superior to btn.com. In fact I saw Tyler hit the three against GW on my iphone while shopping with the family.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:50 AM   #111
Foo G
Underwear model
Quote:
No TV? really come on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
The BTN replay is tomorrow Wednesday at 12:30 PM central time.

Even though it is annoying, I never get too worked up about it. It is not that big of a deal to follow the gametracker and just watch the game tomorrow.
Maybe Illini Nation should throw a !!!!! fit like the Hoosier fans did a few weeks ago.
After all, we're the #13.5 team in the country!
How dare the BTN disrespect us like that!

Not really.
Illini fans are better than that.
Personally, I've got no problem recording the game and watching it a day late.
Western Carolina (although it is not really a state -- thanks to mattcoldagelli for pointing that out early on) should be one of the bigger cupcakes on this year's schedule.
I don't look for there to be much suspense.

Quote:

It's confusing.

You can actually cancel right now and the subscription will still remain active through the entire 30 day period.

"I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in its place. I'm gonna tell you what place it's in; it's in a great place. That's what place it's in." - Chief John Groce
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:17 AM   #112
Dan
Admin
Quote:
HQ forecast: Illinois 77, Western Carolina 63

The record doesn't indicate so, but Western Carolina isn't a bad team. The Catamounts return seven players from a team that lost to Davidson in double overtime in the Southern Conference championship game with a berth in the NCAA tournament at stake. The Illinois guards will have their hands full with Trey Sumler and the post players with big man Tawaski King. "They're going to be tough, they're physical, very blue collar," Groce said. "They're gonna screen you, they're gonna cut hard."

Marcus Jackson
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:46 AM   #113
Dan
Admin
Quote:
#13 ILLINOIS vs. WESTERN CAROLINA!!! With @illini_ibby23 on tonight's poster! #beatWesternCarolina #illini #B1G http://pic.twitter.com/9aHU0wUa

http://twitter.com/IlliniDesign
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:49 AM   #114
HsvIllini
That's a pretty sweet looking poster.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:51 AM   #115
Illwinsagain
Is Groce channelling his best Lou Holtz?

Last edited by Illwinsagain; Dec 4, 2012 at 09:52 AM. Reason: Punctuation
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:06 AM   #116
JoeJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownillini View Post
I see on btn2go comcast is not one of the options.
Did Comcast come to an agreement with the BTN? Last time I tried to see a football (UGH) game not aired live I could not see it since Comcast & BIG did not have an agreement. I live out east so no multiple BTN stations.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:16 AM   #117
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
Did Comcast come to an agreement with the BTN? Last time I tried to see a football (UGH) game not aired live I could not see it since Comcast & BIG did not have an agreement. I live out east so no multiple BTN stations.
BTN2Go is not available on Comcast. Hope that gets resolved soon.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:50 AM   #118
lakesideIllini
Long time lurker, first time poster. Illini 78 WC 64. Going to the game...good place to eat and hav a beverage before? I - L - L
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:14 PM   #119
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Illini refreshed, ready to get back to work

With a whirlwind schedule that included a trip to Hawaii, four games in six days and eight games total in the first 2 1/2 weeks of the season, Illinois needed a break.

The Illini (8-0) got it with five days off, and now they hope Western Carolina (3-5) serves as another opportunity to catch their breath. After Tuesday's game at Assembly Hall, they will travel west again to take on Gonzaga on Saturday in Spokane, Wash.

"We had a pretty rigorous schedule," coach John Groce said. "No question (we needed a break). It allowed them to get their minds and bodies right."

Shannon Ryan
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:20 PM   #120
Illinoiss
Banned
90-69 Illini wins.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:25 PM   #121
FeelYourPaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakesideIllini View Post
Long time lurker, first time poster. Illini 78 WC 64. Going to the game...good place to eat and hav a beverage before? I - L - L
Murphy's on green street (north end of campus) is popular, a bar with good burgers.

I - N - I !!
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:03 PM   #122
lakesideIllini
Thanks Paign...sounds good
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:11 PM   #123
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Quote:
No TV? really come on?
I've mentioned this a number of times on this board, but here it is from the horse's mouth
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:17 PM   #124
cash35
Disgusted the game isnt on tv. Nothin like bein excited all week for illinois basketball and then get one to the nuts. Disappointed to say the least
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:46 PM   #125
IlliniSpine
Banned
Not on TV but any video feeds online?
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »