Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread

Closed Thread

Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1426
Leonardite
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcrich1223 View Post
Hell. Yes.

Still (probably) a longshot, but love hearing these kinds of things.

So easy.
So easy.
So easy.

"Frank Williams putting on a show passing the rock! Driving, Drawing, and Dishing the rock! The three D's man!" --- The Frank Williams Show
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:06 PM   #1427
illinifan31
Orange Krush Cow
Quote:
Everyone has always said no way, Okafor will never come here, but I always kept faith. Who knows what will happen.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:11 PM   #1428
chucktownillini
Quote:

That's interesting. Just read an article on comcast sportsnet quoting Cliff Alexander, saying, Mich St & Kentucky are basically 1 and 2 on his list along with Baylor. Disappointed that UCLA & N Carolina havn't offered him yet. Said it's a 70% chance that he & Ohkafor will play together in college. No mention of Illini by him.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1429
Juice
Quote:
That's very exciting. I think we get one of him or Cliff.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:25 PM   #1430
PeoriaChief
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktownillini View Post
That's interesting. Just read an article on comcast sportsnet quoting Cliff Alexander, saying, Mich St & Kentucky are basically 1 and 2 on his list along with Baylor. Disappointed that UCLA & N Carolina havn't offered him yet. Said it's a 70% chance that he & Ohkafor will play together in college. No mention of Illini by him.
That's extremely disappointing.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:25 PM   #1431
IlliniJim20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardite View Post
Hell. Yes.

Still (probably) a longshot, but love hearing these kinds of things.
Parker, who said that he was 20 pounds overweight and had some ankle soreness after the game, wasn't even the best Mormon, or Brigham Young recruit, at the gym Friday. The Lone Peak (Utah) team, with three BYU recruits, put on a team-first show that was the talk of the tournament. Smith said Lone Peak would've beat his team that night, but "in a month or so, I don't think they'd beat us."

Hmm, seems like Robert Smith agrees with me Lone Peak could stay with Simeon

Also, for the poster who asked when WY and Simeon play, it is Jan 6 at Loyola University
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:26 PM   #1432
Fuhgedaboudit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice View Post
That's very exciting. I think we get one of him or Cliff.
Now that's exciting to hear...we need statements like that from top players in the nation if we want to have a chance with top players in the future!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:27 PM   #1433
OrangeAndBlue217
I am surprised Simeon doesnt have a gym renovation so they can fit 10,000 fans in.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:28 PM   #1434
Fuhgedaboudit
Quote:
Now that's exciting to hear...we need statements like that from top players in the nation if we want to have a chance with top players in the future!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:38 PM   #1435
Kramer116
Quote:
I saw a different, premium update earlier today.

No reason to worry about it yet we are behind but not out of it IMO.

Plenty of time left in that one.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:41 PM   #1436
MTILLINOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlue217 View Post
I am surprised Simeon doesnt have a gym renovation so they can fit 10,000 fans in.
City public school. No money! Seriously, they would draw better than Chicago college basketball teams.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:42 PM   #1437
MTILLINOIS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
I saw a different, premium update earlier today.

No reason to worry about it yet we are behind but not out of it IMO.

Plenty of time left in that one.
I feel this all talk. We'll see.......
Old Dec 6, 2012, 08:45 PM   #1438
Leonardite
Quote:
OK so let me get this straight... Alexander says there is a 70% chance he and Okafor play together, while also saying he and JaQuan Lyle are playing together.... On top of the fact that Okafor and Tyus Jones are playing together.

I say no way Alexander and Okafor commit to the same place.

So easy.
So easy.
So easy.

"Frank Williams putting on a show passing the rock! Driving, Drawing, and Dishing the rock! The three D's man!" --- The Frank Williams Show
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:14 PM   #1439
OrangeAndBlue217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardite View Post
OK so let me get this straight... Alexander says there is a 70% chance he and Okafor play together, while also saying he and JaQuan Lyle are playing together.... On top of the fact that Okafor and Tyus Jones are playing together.

I say no way Alexander and Okafor commit to the same place.
It would seem unlikely. I would love Alexander and Okafor both in Illini uniforms.-who wouldnt?
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:20 PM   #1440
SimonHoffman
Interesting opinion regarding D.J. Williams. I thought the consensus was that Charles Matthews was the better prospect. Either way, that class looks loaded. Would be tremendous if JG could reel in both.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 09:59 PM   #1441
Foo G
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonHoffman View Post
Interesting opinion regarding D.J. Williams. I thought the consensus was that Charles Matthews was the better prospect. Either way, that class looks loaded. Would be tremendous if JG could reel in both.
Having Kendrick Nunn and Jaylon Tate recruiting them hard almost daily is definitely going to work heavily in our favor.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:16 PM   #1442
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTILLINOIS View Post
City public school. No money! Seriously, they would draw better than Chicago college basketball teams.
Not in that neighborhood!!
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:38 PM   #1443
Calilama
Banned
It would be great if Okafor went Illini and whomever got Parker ended up with the second best player in Illinois...ha..would serve both of them right...effin carpetbagger coach and a kid who thinks he's too big time for the Illini ...nothin like good old fashioned sports venom!...keeps the arteries clear. Go Illini
Old Dec 6, 2012, 11:51 PM   #1444
Holdemall
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
Not in that neighborhood!!
Ever been there? Chatham is just fine.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:12 AM   #1445
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdemall View Post
Ever been there? Chatham is just fine.
In daylight only. 63 murders in 5 years in Chatham is not good, but better than EWood!!
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:35 AM   #1446
Holdemall
Quote:
Originally Posted by TCTORNADO View Post
In daylight only. 63 murders in 5 years in Chatham is not good, but better than EWood!!
Pretty middle class neighborhood. Round the edges (south and east) it gets a little dicey, but I would not feel unsafe around Simeon.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:24 AM   #1447
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Spotlight's on Kendrick Nunn

"Me being the leader of the team, I bring the most energy," said Nunn, who has played for Simeon's last three state championship teams.

Colleen Kane
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:31 AM   #1448
AK Illini
UofI Basketball..off the chain
Nunn sounds like a perfect pleyer/personality for Groce's system.

The Alexander/Okafor stuff is lip service. Neither is coming to Illinois.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:49 AM   #1449
illinitownie
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Illini View Post

Not that I think they are, but you never know. That's why we're on here right?
Old Dec 7, 2012, 07:56 AM   #1450
Kramer116
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Illini View Post

Agree on Nunn, he is a big time personality and a very aggressive player. He should fit in well in Groce's system and could see him being the "poster boy" for the semi-resurgence of the program, a la a Dee Brown type due to his electric athleticism and the fact he is from Simeon in Chicago.

Alexander and Okafor are highly doubtful, but I will say we def have more of a chance with Groce than we ever would have had with Weber. You never know if we have one of those "dream" seasons that no one expected. I will worry about that after we are halfway through the B1G schedule.

I want to be optimistic about this team going forward, but I have no idea what to think/believe.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »