Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois 66, Eastern Kentucky 53 POSTGAME

Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:54 PM   #76
bigillinfan11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCityHoops34 View Post
Analyzing what you saw after a game is a lot different than being a negative Nancy.

If all we said after games was go Illinois were number 1, a post game message board wouldn't be very entertaining or insightful.

That's said go illini
okay but why cant we point out the good parts of the game and not have most of the people point out the bad. Yes we didnt play great but we won by double digits so everyone who wants say this was a bad game can shut up becuase we cant hit 10 3's everygame so this was a okay game for us.
bigillinfan11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:56 PM   #77
brosox
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonsbach View Post
No Bad Losses. Can't say that from the last couple of years.
Agreed, so long as we don't pull another UIC and lose to Auburn at the United Center, it will be very refreshing to enter the Big Ten with no bad losses. And, if we can somehow beat Missouri, I really like our chances of getting to the tournament. I am still looking at around 9-9 in the Big.
brosox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:56 PM   #78
HeartofaChampion
Great to see LouDo at the game today! Big crowd, too. The section I sat in was full, lo and behold!

We still get no respect: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-ad...20--ncaab.html
HeartofaChampion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:58 PM   #79
PVR
Nothing to complain about. We were in the driver's seat the entire game. One more in the W column.
PVR is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 06:58 PM   #80
Dan
Admin
Quote:
That's a whole lotta Orange!! #IlliniHoopsPast&Present @ Assembly Hall http://instagr.am/p/TUc9v0w1Ks/

http://twitter.com/Ryan_G_Baker
Quote:
12-0. #Illini #Undefeated @JohnGroce #OrangeBlazer #B1G http://twitpic.com/bmnb09

http://twitter.com/IlliniHoops
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:00 PM   #81
wpr
thrilled that they are 12-0. Do I wish they won more games by 20 points? Sure. Unfortunately they are not. They are simply winning. Will they go undefeated all year? No. I will enjoy this while it lasts.
wpr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:00 PM   #82
lstewart53x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by brosox View Post
Agreed, so long as we don't pull another UIC and lose to Auburn at the United Center, it will be very refreshing to enter the Big Ten with no bad losses. And, if we can somehow beat Missouri, I really like our chances of getting to the tournament. I am still looking at around 9-9 in the Big.
Even if we lose to Mizzou and go 13-1 in the non con and then 9-9 in conference, we'll definitely make the tourney. That's 22 wins and then we would probably win at least one in the conference tourney, which puts us at 23 wins. Our RPI and strength of schedule will be very high and we'll have big wins and no bad losses. That definitely gets us in.
lstewart53x3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:02 PM   #83
kg13fan
the chief
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Lou is the man when it comes to winning with class.
When they were showing pics of the crowd, and they got to Lou, and 15,000 people yell " looooooooouuuuuuu". That was the highlight of the night for me, followed my a standing O for Lou.

Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:04 PM   #84
IlliniEX2011
Banned
^^this is awesome. Groce looks like he's not only fully dedicated to recruiting and coaching but also to becoming immersed in Illini culture. Love to see him reach out to Lou and look really excited to be a part of it all. They look like old friends here
IlliniEX2011 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:05 PM   #85
WinOrElse
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewart53x3 View Post
Even if we lose to Mizzou and go 13-1 in the non con and then 9-9 in conference, we'll definitely make the tourney. That's 22 wins and then we would probably win at least one in the conference tourney, which puts us at 23 wins. Our RPI and strength of schedule will be very high and we'll have big wins and no bad losses. That definitely gets us in.
How can you be so sure we won't have any bad losses?
WinOrElse is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:06 PM   #86
RecLeagueHero
Banned
My wife walked in as the post game radio show was playing. A guy had called in going on and on about how we should be blowing these teams out. Her response was classic:

"Why can't Illinois fans just shut their pie holes and enjoy a win? Especially after how bad we sucked last year?". Lulz.
RecLeagueHero is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:10 PM   #87
alexander58
I thought Nnanna had a good game. Some want to beat on him, but he is just a baby in basketball experience. He has nice touch and is long and athletic. Abrams was huge. He needs to get to the basket like he did tonight every game. Bertrand does what he does . People want him to be Brandon Paul. He is not going to be. Brandon is an alpha male. Joe is not. He isnt the take charge guy. Teams have figured out Griffey. They arent going to give him great looks from 3 point territory, and he isnt really able to get his own shot. I think he and Henry will end up splitting minutes most games.
alexander58 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:11 PM   #88
Illini B-Ball Fan
A great pic of LH & JG.

The players are finding multiple ways of contributing when parts of their game are not all there. A good team effort, and yes, a win is a win.
Illini B-Ball Fan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:12 PM   #89
Dan
Admin
Groce presser - Eastern Kentucky - Abrams & Paul

Jeff Neubauer & Jeff Johnson - Illini postgame

Rob McColley
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:14 PM   #90
bigillinfan11
i just want to say if we hit 2 more 3' we would have won by 19 and everyone who is saying we played awful would be saying we played great for we beat them
bigillinfan11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:14 PM   #91
Zmat
thanks rob
Zmat is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:15 PM   #92
Dan
Admin
Illinois Basketball Highlights vs Eastern Kentucky 12/16

IlliniProductionsHD
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:15 PM   #93
Attack and Defend
We have a new player on the team Tracy Adams. He and Paul led the team to the win. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-ad...20--ncaab.html
Attack and Defend is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:16 PM   #94
lstewart53x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinOrElse View Post
How can you be so sure we won't have any bad losses?
I'm not sure we won't have any bad losses? I was going off of his scenario and assuming that if we go 9-9 in BiG play, we won't have any bad losses.
lstewart53x3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:22 PM   #95
stevo99
An overall solid performance for the most part.

Tracy Abrams is the most important player on this team. When he plays well, the team plays well. And that's almost been without exception this year.

Tyler wasn't ready to play. It wasn;t an ideal matchup for Tyler, but he's a senior and he has to at least bring energy.

This team finds ways to win and it's been so much fun to watch. Haven't looked forward to a Braggin Rights Game this much in quite a few years.....despite the awful starting time on Saturday.
stevo99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:23 PM   #96
stevo99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigillinfan11 View Post
i just want to say if we hit 2 more 3' we would have won by 19 and everyone who is saying we played awful would be saying we played great for we beat them

And if they had made foul shots......

See what I did there?
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:25 PM   #97
stevo99
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniEX2011 View Post
^^this is awesome. Groce looks like he's not only fully dedicated to recruiting and coaching but also to becoming immersed in Illini culture. Love to see him reach out to Lou and look really excited to be a part of it all. They look like old friends here

Groce seems to have the rare combination of being a great salesman without coming off anything less than genuine.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:28 PM   #98
brosox
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewart53x3 View Post
I'm not sure we won't have any bad losses? I was going off of his scenario and assuming that if we go 9-9 in BiG play, we won't have any bad losses.
assuming we beat Auburn at the United Center, we won't have any non-conference bad losses. The Big Ten losses we have to avoid are Purdue, NU, Nebraska and Penn State at home, and then we won't have any bad losses.
brosox is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:34 PM   #99
Tron2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofaChampion View Post
Great to see LouDo at the game today! Big crowd, too. The section I sat in was full, lo and behold!

We still get no respect: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/paul-adams-lead-no-10-012942820--ncaab.html

Tracy Adams??? Seriously??? And to think, all these years I thought his name was Abrams......my bad.

So what was the name of that dude from the 05 AZ team again? OH YEAH, Hassan Abrams:laugh:
Tron2010 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:35 PM   #100
illini73
I would like to see Henry get more tick when Griffey is struggling. He seems like he can get to the basket a little better (his shot just was not dropping tonight).

Also Bertrand was big for us and yet he did not seem to see the floor that much in the second half or at least as much as I thought he should.
illini73 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »