Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois 57, Minnesota 53 POSTGAME

Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:50 AM   #351
ctblaisdell83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffster44 View Post
You may not believe me...but him getting his degree in Dec... was even better.
Nice.

BTW - were you the guy on the McColley video that looked like Tyler but a few years older?
ctblaisdell83 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:56 AM   #352
dgcrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecLeagueHero View Post
I got to go with Assmussen's pick of Valentino's since I live in Nebraska.

Though I have to admit that I still eat at Monical's when I get back to CU. Guess it holds a place in my heart since I grew up with it.
If you're ever in Syracuse, Nebraska, try the Breadeaux Pizza there. Best I've ever eaten.
dgcrow is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:02 AM   #353
chiefcub69
Banned
I'm a Lou's pizza guy myself. But when I'm in the paign I'm fine with Papa dels and Monicals pizza which I really enjoy even if it's not a prestigious chain.
chiefcub69 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:16 AM   #354
illynifan34
That's a winner!!
Paul's Pizza - Westchester, IL, the best.

In Mike I Trust

Aggressive

illynifan34 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:32 AM   #355
Dan
Admin
Illinois wins at Minnesota Music Video

Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:51 AM   #356
Kramer116
Illini Productions is the shiz-nit.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Kramer116 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:55 AM   #357
trevdv
These IlliniProductions videos are getting better and better. Could improve on the music a bit, but keep these highlights coming!

trevdv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:58 AM   #358
IlliniRunIn07
I hate to tell the moderator what to do, but Dan can you please post these highlight videos somewhere other than a pizza thread?

IlliniRunIn07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:35 PM   #359
lstewart53x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

Illinois is really getting better about kicking it out when they're deep in the lane. I'd still like to see the guards do it more often, but they're definitely improving.

Awesome video, as always.
lstewart53x3 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:37 PM   #360
lstewart53x3
And I love how Coach Groce gives Mclauren a hug at one point in the game. He's going to be a great coach.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:40 PM   #361
pizzaman
seeing a guy in a giant gopher suit in that video really makes me want to not have a mascot.
pizzaman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:03 PM   #362
sapan1030
Banned
Quote:

Love the emotion from DJ in the locker room. You can tell the players care and want to leave their mark before they graduate
sapan1030 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:53 PM   #363
blmillini
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstewart53x3 View Post
And I love how Coach Groce gives Mclauren a hug at one point in the game. He's going to be a great coach.
I've also noticed how Griffey appears to look after Groce when he is angry at a referee and often puts his hand on his back or arm as he goes by or puts his arm around him after a win. It makes me think they think of him as a father figure and I like it. I also like that even though that appears to be the relationship, it still didn't stop Groce from reducing his minutes when he wasn't playing as well. It certainly looks like things are heading in the right direction.
blmillini is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:56 PM   #364
Prairie Spirit
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffster44 View Post
I like IMO's ... Good stuff!!!!
Have you tried the pizza at PI in St. Louis? They have two locations. It's really great pizza! One thing we really like about them is they pride themselves on NOT using that stuff that is ubiquitous in St. Louis that is called provel. That is bad stuff. PI pizza staff wore t-shirts with the word "provel" and the red circle and the red diagonal line through it, as in "no provel". Anyway, PI has great pizza and I wish we lived close enough to have it more then once or twice a year!
Prairie Spirit is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:01 PM   #365
Prairie Spirit
Banned
Quote:

GREAT VIDEO!! Love it.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:06 PM   #366
DrewD007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairie Spirit View Post
Have you tried the pizza at PI in St. Louis? They have two locations. It's really great pizza! One thing we really like about them is they pride themselves on NOT using that stuff that is ubiquitous in St. Louis that is called provel. That is bad stuff. PI pizza staff wore t-shirts with the word "provel" and the red circle and the red diagonal line through it, as in "no provel". Anyway, PI has great pizza and I wish we lived close enough to have it more then once or twice a year!
They actually have 4 locations now. Central West End, The Loop, Kirkwood, and they opened a location downtown next to America's Center.
DrewD007 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 04:56 PM   #367
lstewart53x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by blmillini View Post
I've also noticed how Griffey appears to look after Groce when he is angry at a referee and often puts his hand on his back or arm as he goes by or puts his arm around him after a win. It makes me think they think of him as a father figure and I like it. I also like that even though that appears to be the relationship, it still didn't stop Groce from reducing his minutes when he wasn't playing as well. It certainly looks like things are heading in the right direction.
I agree 100%. It appears as though the players really like and respect coach Groce, and he appears to really care about his players.

Just wait until the players that he recruits are seniors, they'll all probably have a great relationship.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:02 PM   #368
AHSIllini32
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapan1030 View Post
Love the emotion from DJ in the locker room. You can tell the players care and want to leave their mark before they graduate
That really struck me. DJ was shedding some tears in the lockerroom knowing how big that win was and it really meshes with the observations by some that DJ has begun taking on a leader-of-the-team attitude that has been sorely needed. Special moment right there.
AHSIllini32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:17 PM   #369
Bailey
DJ is really having his Mike Davis moment. So glad.
Bailey is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:23 PM   #370
chief78
Great video, really good to see this team starting to put it together in conference play!
chief78 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:46 PM   #371
stlrunner
jakeyjakey
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooksTaylorFan View Post
Gino' East or Giordano's is much better than Lou's. haha. I miss living in Chicago. St Louis pizza is awful.
I wouldn't call it awful, but...it doesn't compare to Chicago, that's for sure. Just don't think of Imo's or Cecil Whitakers as actual pizza, but instead, a giant pizza flavored cracker!

I enjoy Pi, and The Good Pie, but Papa Del's is far better, and the couple of times I've had pizza in Chicago (don't recall where) was phenomenal.
stlrunner is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:59 PM   #372
zpfled
Pizza Hut has really good deals.

ALso, that video is awesome.
zpfled is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:26 AM   #373
Prairie Spirit
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpfled View Post
Pizza Hut has really good deals.

ALso, that video is awesome.
Pizza Hut Supreme Pan pizza is perfectly delicious pizza.

A really excellent pizza can be had at Cottage Inn, the original location, in Ann Arbor, Michigan - been there since 1930-something. Delicious, with their Greek salad and Apple Mountain dessert. So good.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:23 AM   #374
Thrasherx2k1
It's all about Monicals pizza in central Illinois and Rocky Rococo in southern Wisconsin. Mmm!
Thrasherx2k1 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:16 AM   #375
WizardBill
Illini optimist
Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
I've had them all, the best chicago places as well as the best local and new york places. And i always find myself wanting Monicals pizza before any other.
I know I am late to the pizza discussion, but I have to agree. Monical's pizza is the best thin crust I have had. It is so surprising for a chain.

Please return Dead and Alive to Edwin Schrodinger
WizardBill is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »