Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Video: Orange Krush at Northwestern

Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:20 PM   #26
illinifan31
Orange Krush Cow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa City Illini Club View Post
Saw in one of the video's info section that Krush only makes one road trip a season now. I remember we did two during the '04 and '05 seasons. Times are tough! Obviously I was hoping for a road trip into Iowa City. Great job at Northwestern!
We have had 2 in the past 2 years, Minnesota and Ohio State, and last year was Nebraska and Michigan. Unless I mixed up the 2nd ones. I only went on Minnie, Nebraska, and his one obviously.
illinifan31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:33 PM   #27
mdonsbach
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielb927 View Post
Krush also went ahead and took over the Northwestern timeout tricycle race:

Epic Fail on Northwestern's part...how embarassed they must feel.

Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:47 PM   #28
Ransom Stoddard
Ordained Dudeist Priest
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonsbach View Post
They're Northwestern fans--aren't they already embarrassed?
Ransom Stoddard is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:00 PM   #29
wpr
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonsbach View Post
not any more embarrassed they they do for dressing the team they have right now.
wpr is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:08 PM   #30
nicksmith4three
Can someone explain how the tricycle thing happened? How did they get picked for it?
nicksmith4three is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:18 PM   #31
Jkat00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa City Illini Club View Post
Saw in one of the video's info section that Krush only makes one road trip a season now. I remember we did two during the '04 and '05 seasons. Times are tough! Obviously I was hoping for a road trip into Iowa City. Great job at Northwestern!
They still could. There are tons of tickets still available at face value. They aren't great seats but it gets you in the door. Can only buy 4 or less tickets per household ( because of past Orange Krush visits) . They could find a way to make it all work out.

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...psc=&sm=0&ba=1

http://ev9.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncomme...ppc=&psc=&sm=1
Jkat00 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:26 PM   #32
NnannasBananas11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmith4three View Post
Can someone explain how the tricycle thing happened? How did they get picked for it?
We were some of the first "Northwestern" fans in the arena when doors opened around 5 for the 6:30 tip. Event staff was walking around looking for participants for their timeout games that day, and a group of teenage diehards seemed like the perfect candidates to bring some energy and fun to these timeouts, so they sought us out. Too bad they weren't that observant and didn't notice every single one of us had an orange undershirt on.

Once we revealed before tipoff, the event staff came back up and still let the 3 of them participate, as long as they put purple shirts back on while they were down on the floor. Did they really think the 3 of them would keep the purple on in front of that pro-Illini crowd?
NnannasBananas11 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:31 PM   #33
ThunderNutz
Great video's! Well done and hats off to the Krush
You don't see stuff like that down on tobacco road.

Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:59 PM   #34
chiefini
Great job, Krush It was so much fun on the tv broadcast to both hear and see you and all the orange taking over the north of Chicago gym. A total beatdown by the Illini was icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing these fantastic videos. Keep up the good work. I-L-L

‎"There is an uncommon spirit known only by those who call themselves Illini...It is a dignified spirit portrayed by the Chief. It is a spirit of orange and blue blood and of the young and the old. Once it enters your veins, you will never be the same again." Illini Spirit William Branom, '54 (1932-2012)
chiefini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:04 PM   #35
uiba99
Tiny Illini
You all were awesome. It was really the cherry on top of the Illini sundae that capped off an incredible trip to Chicago for me this weekend. Thank you so very much!

"The danger is all around us now. Hatred is rising, yet all sides feel more virtuous. We’re asleep to the threat. We can have the most sophisticated Constitution, a brilliant system of checks and balances and a Bill of Rights to safeguard against the tyranny of the majority — yet none of it can stand against the power of hatred."
Fr. John I. Jenkins, President, University of Notre Dame
uiba99 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:24 PM   #36
Reillini
Kudo's to the Krush. I had to listen to the game on the radio and you guys was well heard over the air waves... Well Done
Reillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:58 PM   #37
idoc13
Great work, Krush!
idoc13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 12:22 PM   #38
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Wisch: My Orange Krush Adventure To Evanston

In recent years, the Krush has invaded the basketball arenas at Michigan, Nebraska, Minnesota, Ohio State and Iowa. On Sunday night, Northwestern University's Welsh-Ryan Arena was the latest to get Krushed. And I was along for the entertaining daylong adventure.

About a month ago, McKennon Biers, a U. of I. junior and the current president of the Orange Krush, shot me an email with an invitation to join the students on their annual "sneak attack" road trip. This year's destination, the message whispered, will be Evanston.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/02/...e-to-evanston/
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:09 PM   #39
wpr
^ nice.
Edit. Wisch explains how the bike trio were selected. (Link in Dan's post.)

Quote:
At 5 p.m., the 150 Krush members – all decked out in purple – entered Welsh-Ryan Arena as the doors opened and three were immediately wrangled by an NU employee who asked if they wanted to take part in an on-court tricycle race midway through the first half.

“You’re not high school students, are you?” inquired the employee, who failed to ask if the Krush members were Northwestern students. That missed question would come back to haunt NU.
That is funny.

All good stuff in the article.

Last edited by wpr; Feb 19, 2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:24 PM   #40
illinifan31
Orange Krush Cow
When she was up there picking people for the race, I was like oh pick me I have a cow suit on it will be funny. The guy she was with was like oh yah do that, but she was replied ummm no I don't think so. I replied "well someone doesn't like fun". Oh well would have been a good time.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 02:42 PM   #41
wpr
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan31 View Post
When she was up there picking people for the race, I was like oh pick me I have a cow suit on it will be funny. The guy she was with was like oh yah do that, but she was replied ummm no I don't think so. I replied "well someone doesn't like fun". Oh well would have been a good time.
Cow Tricycle Race. Classic.

If you guys bring it to THE Hall, that has to be a part of the race. Put people into cow suits. You are one of the major Ag colleges in the nation are you not?

Get someone from Alpha Epsilon, Alpha Tau Alpha, Illini Dairy Club or some of the others to put on the cow suit and compete. Maybe have a season long tourney.

Actually since it is a cow suit you need the girls from Sigma Alpha to compete.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 03:36 PM   #42
illinifan31
Orange Krush Cow
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpr View Post
Cow Tricycle Race. Classic.

If you guys bring it to THE Hall, that has to be a part of the race. Put people into cow suits. You are one of the major Ag colleges in the nation are you not?

Get someone from Alpha Epsilon, Alpha Tau Alpha, Illini Dairy Club or some of the others to put on the cow suit and compete. Maybe have a season long tourney.

Actually since it is a cow suit you need the girls from Sigma Alpha to compete.
Well I did get "famous" after being selected to do the game where you make a layup and run back to the folding chair and sit down before the other person. The announcer called me Pat the Cow. I won $150, but I beat a girl. Like 13,000 people boo'd/moo'd at me. That entire season little kids would be like it's pat the cow, and give me high fives and stuff. The peak of my career.
Old Feb 19, 2013, 10:08 PM   #43
carmelillini
Well done Krush!
carmelillini is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »