Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Illinois Hoops Recruiting Thread (November 2012-March 2013)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:06 PM   #4351
HeartofaChampion
Posts: 12,990
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeoriaChief View Post
Wasn't Henry very similar (and ranked similarly) to Hill in high school? Hit 3's, drove to the hoop, had a nice mid range game, shot alot of FT's, and had questionable defense and energy/killer instinct? Just a reminder not to get ahead of ourselves in regards to Hill being an immediate impact guy, though I hope he is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
Completely different players and skillets imo.

Hill is light years ahead as a creator and ball handler.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
That's what Weber told him when he recruited him that he would be a 2.

He also played as a PF last year from what I remember.

I was super high on Henry coming into Illinois but honestly I have not really seen anything to get me excited. His great shooting in practice has not translated to games yet.

I guess we will see when he gets more consistent PT.
Kramer is the man. Completely agree.

MyH has yet to display the scoring ability he possessed in HS. Handles are too weak and he's not quick enough to play the wing, yet he's too small to be a 4 due to his lack of motor and his laid-back nature, and his shooting form isn't great for a stretch 4. This doesn't even cover his poor defense.
HeartofaChampion is offline
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:35 PM   #4352
BoolahBoolah
BoolahBoolah's Avatar
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartofaChampion View Post
Kramer is the man. Completely agree.

MyH has yet to display the scoring ability he possessed in HS. Handles are too weak and he's not quick enough to play the wing, yet he's too small to be a 4 due to his lack of motor and his laid-back nature, and his shooting form isn't great for a stretch 4. This doesn't even cover his poor defense.
Coming out of HS, I was as big of a Henry fan as there was.. I legitimately thought he'd be the type of kid to lead us in scoring by his junior year. His highlight films made scoring look effortless... Ball honestly floated off his hands on 3's. He scored in the paint, off the glass, off the bounce... Just looked wired to score.

Now, he gets in the game, and he's more liable to travel or drop the ball than actually look toward the rim. As soon as he gets it on the perimeter, it's going up. He never sets his feet. He never shoots in rhythm. He no longer boards. He plays zero defense. He looks slow and unathletic out there.

I'm honestly stunned at how bad he looks when he's in. I've heard he's a great kid, but I don't know if he has the skillset or mindset to ever be a difference maker here.

Just once, it would be nice if a Weber recruit came in and actually outperformed his expectations. We certainly have the other end of the spectrum covered.

So frustrating.
BoolahBoolah is offline
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:36 PM   #4353
zpfled
zpfled's Avatar
Location: Logan Square, Chicago
Posts: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
Coming out of HS, I was as big of a Henry fan as there was.. I legitimately thought he'd be the type of kid to lead us in scoring by his junior year. His highlight films made scoring look effortless... Ball honestly floated off his hands on 3's. He scored in the paint, off the glass, off the bounce... Just looked wired to score.

Now, he gets in the game, and he's more liable to travel or drop the ball than actually look toward the rim. As soon as he gets it on the perimeter, it's going up. He never sets his feet. He never shoots in rhythm. He no longer boards. He plays zero defense. He looks slow and unathletic out there.

I'm honestly stunned at how bad he looks when he's in. I've heard he's a great kid, but I don't know if he has the skillset or mindset to ever be a difference maker here.

Just once, it would be nice if a Weber recruit came in and actually outperformed his expectations. We certainly have the other end of the spectrum covered.

So frustrating.
CHESTER FRAZIER!!



But yeah, it's a short list.
zpfled is offline
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:42 PM   #4354
BoolahBoolah
BoolahBoolah's Avatar
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpfled View Post
CHESTER FRAZIER!!



But yeah, it's a short list.
I really don't want to get into this discussion, because it always ends the same, but people realize Chester Frazier was actually terrible aside from his senior year, right? And even then, he was average at best compared to what we had in the past at the PG spot. I know Chester is beloved because he played hard and dove on the floor a lot, but he was a truly mediocre basketball player.

And, I guess Mike Davis was better than we anticipated. So, we have that going for us.

Yeah, short and sad list, indeed.
BoolahBoolah is offline
Old Jan 20, 2013, 10:51 PM   #4355
rock215215
Banned
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
Coming out of HS, I was as big of a Henry fan as there was.. I legitimately thought he'd be the type of kid to lead us in scoring by his junior year. His highlight films made scoring look effortless... Ball honestly floated off his hands on 3's. He scored in the paint, off the glass, off the bounce... Just looked wired to score.

Now, he gets in the game, and he's more liable to travel or drop the ball than actually look toward the rim. As soon as he gets it on the perimeter, it's going up. He never sets his feet. He never shoots in rhythm. He no longer boards. He plays zero defense. He looks slow and unathletic out there.

I'm honestly stunned at how bad he looks when he's in. I've heard he's a great kid, but I don't know if he has the skillset or mindset to ever be a difference maker here.

Just once, it would be nice if a Weber recruit came in and actually outperformed his expectations. We certainly have the other end of the spectrum covered.

So frustrating.


Your right most have underperformed...I did see Bertrand play in High School and I would have to say he has way overachieved expectations from what I saw on his four point game. I didn't see the quickness and athletic freak that he is along with improving shooting, nice to see at least he has outperformed...
rock215215 is offline
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:00 PM   #4356
blmillini
Location: Bloomington, IL
Posts: 4,367
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
I really don't want to get into this discussion, because it always ends the same, but people realize Chester Frazier was actually terrible aside from his senior year, right? And even then, he was average at best compared to what we had in the past at the PG spot. I know Chester is beloved because he played hard and dove on the floor a lot, but he was a truly mediocre basketball player.

And, I guess Mike Davis was better than we anticipated. So, we have that going for us.

Yeah, short and sad list, indeed.
Chester was a much better basketball player than people give him credit for. He simply tried so hard that he sometimes moved faster than he was able. Those that believe he was "terrible" as you say are generally those that know little about basketball and generally judge everyone solely on their ability to score.
blmillini is offline
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:12 PM   #4357
zpfled
zpfled's Avatar
Location: Logan Square, Chicago
Posts: 4,650
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
I really don't want to get into this discussion, because it always ends the same, but people realize Chester Frazier was actually terrible aside from his senior year, right? And even then, he was average at best compared to what we had in the past at the PG spot. I know Chester is beloved because he played hard and dove on the floor a lot, but he was a truly mediocre basketball player.
I realize he was no Deron Williams, Dee Brown, Frank Williams, or Kiwane Garris.

Do you realize that I was not saying that? I was saying he outperformed his 2-star rated expectations. Which he did.

And he was a good basketball player, not a mediocre one. He was very bad his freshman year, and quite good his senior year. Great defender (all B1G Defense team), good assist-to-turnover ratio (led the league in assists, 2.4 ratio), good floor leader. I'm judging his quality as a basketball player based on his last year as an Illini.

And don't start "this discussion" if you don't want to get into this discussion. I am a big Chester fan, and will defend him against unreasonable knocks against him as a player with reason and evidence every chance I get. It's way more fun than discussing the current sad state of affairs in Illiniland.

Let me know if anything I said is incorrect, in your opinion. Or, if you prefer to cede victory to me and, by not challenging these claims, admit that Chester was a good player rather than a mediocre one, I will accept your surrender in a spirit of good natured, orange- and blue-tinted camaraderie. The ball is in your court, good sir (or madam, as the case may be).

zpfled is offline
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:15 PM   #4358
mattcoldagelli
mattcoldagelli's Avatar
Location: North Shore
Posts: 4,182
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
I really don't want to get into this discussion, because it always ends the same, but people realize Chester Frazier was actually terrible aside from his senior year, right? And even then, he was average at best compared to what we had in the past at the PG spot. I know Chester is beloved because he played hard and dove on the floor a lot, but he was a truly mediocre basketball player.

And, I guess Mike Davis was better than we anticipated. So, we have that going for us.

Yeah, short and sad list, indeed.
I wish we could take some of the Frazier appreciation and direct it towards Davis. I was the driver of the Mike Davis Bandwagon for four years.

__________________
"Ron Matt Swanson Coldagelli - You are the funny version of GroundHogday." - krupalija chukwudebe

@mattcoldagelli

mattcoldagelli is offline
Old Jan 20, 2013, 11:50 PM   #4359
BoolahBoolah
BoolahBoolah's Avatar
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by zpfled View Post
I realize he was no Deron Williams, Dee Brown, Frank Williams, or Kiwane Garris.

Do you realize that I was not saying that? I was saying he outperformed his 2-star rated expectations. Which he did.

And he was a good basketball player, not a mediocre one. He was very bad his freshman year, and quite good his senior year. Great defender (all B1G Defense team), good assist-to-turnover ratio (led the league in assists, 2.4 ratio), good floor leader. I'm judging his quality as a basketball player based on his last year as an Illini.

And don't start "this discussion" if you don't want to get into this discussion. I am a big Chester fan, and will defend him against unreasonable knocks against him as a player with reason and evidence every chance I get. It's way more fun than discussing the current sad state of affairs in Illiniland.

Let me know if anything I said is incorrect, in your opinion. Or, if you prefer to cede victory to me and, by not challenging these claims, admit that Chester was a good player rather than a mediocre one, I will accept your surrender in a spirit of good natured, orange- and blue-tinted camaraderie. The ball is in your court, good sir (or madam, as the case may be).

First, I appreciate the . I too, am . So, now that we've established there are no hard feelings, I can admit to thinking less of Chester Frazier, the basketball player, than probably 90% of Illinois fans. I'll always appreciate how hard he played, how he competed on defense, and how much he cared about Illinois. You'll get no argument from me there.

And, I might be guilty of poor wording. Clearly, Chester was a very good defender, maybe even a great one at times. And yes, the game is played on both ends, so I suppose I should bump him up a notch for that.

However, you will never, ever get me to admit that he was anything more than a poor offensive player. His senior year, he was an average at best BT starter on the offensive end, which was a giant upgrade from the liability he was in previous years.

Unfortunately, the numbers speak for themselves. First, the number of minutes he played is mind blowing. I suspect he would have been better had he played the role most assumed he would, the try hard guy that provides an energy lift off the bench. The fact that he started for 3 years is truly indicative of how low the talent level was on those teams.

Over his career, he averaged 4.9 pts per game, with a career high of 7.2 his sophomore year. 5 pts per game is mediocre, no matter how you look at it. And, that's in 29 mpg for his career. He was an absolute liability his first 3 years. Do you not remember teams backing up and daring him to shoot from 15'? That was painful to watch.

For his career, he shot 36% from the field, 30% from 3, and 58% from the line. That's not even mediocre. That's bad. Again, I admitted to him being adequate as a senior, where he had career best averages of 45% FG, 38% from 3, and 67% from the FT line. I don't know anyone that would that call those good numbers for a 3 year starter in the Big Ten.

He averaged 3.9 assists per game for his career, with a career high of 5.3 in 2008. Sure, 5.3 is a good, not great number. 3.9 for a career is pedestrian.

You'll get no argument from me on Chester being a good rebounder for his position. He always competed on the glass, and he deserves credit for that.

At the end of the day, I respect Chester for the reasons I mentioned above. I just think Illini fans as a whole greatly overrate his career.

And, I'll finish with a
BoolahBoolah is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:46 AM   #4360
Monte Carlo
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
First, I appreciate the . I too, am . So, now that we've established there are no hard feelings, I can admit to thinking less of Chester Frazier, the basketball player, than probably 90% of Illinois fans. I'll always appreciate how hard he played, how he competed on defense, and how much he cared about Illinois. You'll get no argument from me there.

And, I might be guilty of poor wording. Clearly, Chester was a very good defender, maybe even a great one at times. And yes, the game is played on both ends, so I suppose I should bump him up a notch for that.

However, you will never, ever get me to admit that he was anything more than a poor offensive player. His senior year, he was an average at best BT starter on the offensive end, which was a giant upgrade from the liability he was in previous years.

Unfortunately, the numbers speak for themselves. First, the number of minutes he played is mind blowing. I suspect he would have been better had he played the role most assumed he would, the try hard guy that provides an energy lift off the bench. The fact that he started for 3 years is truly indicative of how low the talent level was on those teams.

Over his career, he averaged 4.9 pts per game, with a career high of 7.2 his sophomore year. 5 pts per game is mediocre, no matter how you look at it. And, that's in 29 mpg for his career. He was an absolute liability his first 3 years. Do you not remember teams backing up and daring him to shoot from 15'? That was painful to watch.

For his career, he shot 36% from the field, 30% from 3, and 58% from the line. That's not even mediocre. That's bad. Again, I admitted to him being adequate as a senior, where he had career best averages of 45% FG, 38% from 3, and 67% from the FT line. I don't know anyone that would that call those good numbers for a 3 year starter in the Big Ten.

He averaged 3.9 assists per game for his career, with a career high of 5.3 in 2008. Sure, 5.3 is a good, not great number. 3.9 for a career is pedestrian.

You'll get no argument from me on Chester being a good rebounder for his position. He always competed on the glass, and he deserves credit for that.

At the end of the day, I respect Chester for the reasons I mentioned above. I just think Illini fans as a whole greatly overrate his career.

And, I'll finish with a
I think the thing that hurt Chester the most was his only liability was scoring and since the rest of the team did not offer a lot in the way of scoring, it may his liability stand out more than it would have had there been a couple of really solid scorers on the team. Put him with a different group and he would be remembered as a better player than he is just because of that reason alone. Solid defender and rebounder and decent facilitator, but needed help and it wasn't there.
Monte Carlo is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:54 AM   #4361
Groundhogday
Groundhogday's Avatar
Posts: 25,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
Now, he gets in the game, and he's more liable to travel or drop the ball than actually look toward the rim. As soon as he gets it on the perimeter, it's going up. He never sets his feet. He never shoots in rhythm. He no longer boards. He plays zero defense. He looks slow and unathletic out there.

I'm honestly stunned at how bad he looks when he's in. I've heard he's a great kid, but I don't know if he has the skillset or mindset to ever be a difference maker here.
I think Groce ruined his confidence. Dream killa II.

__________________
ONLY ORANGE!
Groundhogday is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:24 AM   #4362
tprince34
Posts: 63
Springboro was no match for Prime Prep at the flyintothehoop tournament in kettering Oh. Maverick Morgan showed up to play with 25 pts and couple of good dunks. Prime Prep just way to athletic but Morgan held his ground a little muscle put on him and he will be ready to bang in the BIG....
tprince34 is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:57 AM   #4363
midastouch11
midastouch11's Avatar
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 2,250
For those that have off or have relatively relaxed bosses Simeon is playing OakHill on ESPNU today at 2 eastern, 1 central.

Jay Tate and Kendrick Nunn will have a huge matchup against Oak Hill's Ike Iroegbu and Nate Britt. Hopefully Simeon can step up to the challenge since they haven't looked very good with their national exposure.
midastouch11 is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:24 AM   #4364
ComplementaryColors
Posts: 88
If I remember correctly, I believe Chester Frazier really had no other significant offers at the time he committed to us. He had an offer from College of Charleston (or was it Coastal Carolina) maybe a few others like that. So I'd say he overachieved.
ComplementaryColors is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:26 AM   #4365
Kramer116
Kramer116's Avatar
Location: Chicago
Posts: 11,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
Coming out of HS, I was as big of a Henry fan as there was.. I legitimately thought he'd be the type of kid to lead us in scoring by his junior year. His highlight films made scoring look effortless... Ball honestly floated off his hands on 3's. He scored in the paint, off the glass, off the bounce... Just looked wired to score.
I was too. I really thought he could be a 15 ppg scorer as a JR/SR.

Who knows, maybe he makes the leap. He has time. But he has to get a lot better. IMO, he never sniffs any PT at the 3 unless he drastically improves his handles and quickness by slimming down.

I'm not sure what to think. I feel he is never making shots, yet everyone considers him to be this elite shooter. Hope it clicks for Myke.

__________________
Hall of Fame:
"We will win. It is important" - Josh Whitman

Hall of Shame:
@TomCrean: I am doing great. I have been thinking about you alot since last weekend. A whole lot. How are you doing?
"W.I.N.(T.) Whatever is necessary today" - Tim Beckman
"It's not ideal but for now, I don't think it'll put a dagger in the heart of the program" - Paul Kowalczyk
Kramer116 is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:34 AM   #4366
ILL in Iowa
Location: Iowa
Posts: 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcoldagelli View Post
I wish we could take some of the Frazier appreciation and direct it towards Davis. I was the driver of the Mike Davis Bandwagon for four years.
congrats you are the tallest midget!
ILL in Iowa is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 08:51 AM   #4367
justsomedude
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
I really don't want to get into this discussion, because it always ends the same, but people realize Chester Frazier was actually terrible aside from his senior year, right? And even then, he was average at best compared to what we had in the past at the PG spot. I know Chester is beloved because he played hard and dove on the floor a lot, but he was a truly mediocre basketball player.

And, I guess Mike Davis was better than we anticipated. So, we have that going for us.

Yeah, short and sad list, indeed.
You could probably make arguments for 3 of the 2007 guys. McCamey certainly had a better career than an "average" player ranked 71. Tisdale and Davis both had better career's than average guys outside the top 150 in the B1G. Of course, empty 2006 and 2008 classes as well as failure to add 1 beefy big or backup point guard had people critical of that class, but in reality, they performed way above expectations as a group (considering rankings).
justsomedude is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:12 AM   #4368
Calilama
Banned
Posts: 677
On a completely unrelated note..Happy Inauguration Day...MLK Day....things will get better.

Also watched a couple of Bulls games this weekend...Thibs is an unbelievable coach...Groce should just attach himself to the guys hip for a couple of months....the offensive spacing is almost always perfect and the defense is a thing of beauty to watch?..the effin Lakers would run away with the West if he was coaching

Go illini

Last edited by Calilama; Jan 21, 2013 at 09:16 AM.
Calilama is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:25 AM   #4369
RecLeagueHero
Banned
Posts: 5,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
I really don't want to get into this discussion, because it always ends the same, but people realize Chester Frazier was actually terrible aside from his senior year, right? And even then, he was average at best compared to what we had in the past at the PG spot. I know Chester is beloved because he played hard and dove on the floor a lot, but he was a truly mediocre basketball player.

And, I guess Mike Davis was better than we anticipated. So, we have that going for us.

Yeah, short and sad list, indeed.
I think in many ways, expectations were rewritten in the Weber era. Both for players and the performance of the program.

Frazier was a good example. Good kid, hard worker, but really not a very good basketball player.

We were so low on talent A.D. (after Dee) that we started weighting things more on "effort" and came to hold the floor burn guys in really high regard. Don't get me wrong, I've always liked that type of guy (like Lucas Johnson) as long as they also had some skill. Many of the Weber guys were really short on that. And those guys can't be your primary players if you want to have success.
RecLeagueHero is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:28 AM   #4370
Obelix
Obelix's Avatar
Posts: 7,035
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoolahBoolah View Post
Coming out of HS, I was as big of a Henry fan as there was.. I legitimately thought he'd be the type of kid to lead us in scoring by his junior year. His highlight films made scoring look effortless... Ball honestly floated off his hands on 3's. He scored in the paint, off the glass, off the bounce... Just looked wired to score.

Now, he gets in the game, and he's more liable to travel or drop the ball than actually look toward the rim. As soon as he gets it on the perimeter, it's going up. He never sets his feet. He never shoots in rhythm. He no longer boards. He plays zero defense. He looks slow and unathletic out there.

I'm honestly stunned at how bad he looks when he's in. I've heard he's a great kid, but I don't know if he has the skillset or mindset to ever be a difference maker here.

Just once, it would be nice if a Weber recruit came in and actually outperformed his expectations. We certainly have the other end of the spectrum covered.

So frustrating.
Part of the problem is that this team currently has major gaps and Groce is getting forced to play players out of position to fill those gaps. Try to convert some players into that position. The most obvious gaps are PG and PF.

At PG, for example, Paul is forced to often play the position (especially when Tracy is out) but he is obviously no PG. We simply do not have PG options to play at the B1G level.

PF is another major gap. Griffey is a perimeter player trapped into a PF body. Not really a true PF. Neither are Henry or Langford. They are both perimeter players. Now.... Shaw is a PF but the jury is still out whether he is good enough to play the position.
Obelix is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:30 AM   #4371
justsomedude
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprince34 View Post
Springboro was no match for Prime Prep at the flyintothehoop tournament in kettering Oh. Maverick Morgan showed up to play with 25 pts and couple of good dunks. Prime Prep just way to athletic but Morgan held his ground a little muscle put on him and he will be ready to bang in the BIG....
Just curious, but do you know if Mav performed well throughout the game, or if he padded stats in the second half when the game was over?
justsomedude is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:31 AM   #4372
justsomedude
Posts: 2,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
I was too. I really thought he could be a 15 ppg scorer as a JR/SR.

Who knows, maybe he makes the leap. He has time. But he has to get a lot better. IMO, he never sniffs any PT at the 3 unless he drastically improves his handles and quickness by slimming down.

I'm not sure what to think. I feel he is never making shots, yet everyone considers him to be this elite shooter. Hope it clicks for Myke.
Yeah, we always hear about our great practice shooters, but maybe that's simply because we play against our defense.
justsomedude is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:38 AM   #4373
TCTORNADO
Posts: 9,593
We're talking about players who played primarily during one of the worst 5 year eras in the history of the school. If we took one of the 5 year best eras and looked at those players I'm sure we would see more of an upward trend from a player analysis perspective.
TCTORNADO is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:39 AM   #4374
MadtownIllin
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlue217 View Post
I wonder how big of a deal people would make it if JG decided to let players go. Didnt Larry Brown dis miss a bunhc of players from the SMU team or something like that when he got there? I dont hear anyone talking about that anymore. Maybe it wasnt as big of a deal as it would be if JG did it?
I, like most others on this board, had high hopes for Henry and Shaw and have a couple of observations: on the offensive side of the ball, it appears to me that the team lost the good offensive flow somewhere during the Minnesota game and for sure afterwards..passing has become a struggle and assists are non-existent (if this is by design, then Groce may want to reconsider his approach and if it's just because there are some players who feel the need to do it all on their own, then Groce needs to coach and counsel them on proper fundamentals, i.e while on the bench sitting next to him)--I think because of this, no one is getting the open looks that they had earlier and thus, the poor shooting that we have witnessed. On the defensive side, it just looks like most of the players do not have that tough competitive attitude that most other B1G teams have and until Groce can recruit them into the program, it's going to be tough to compete on a consistent basis.. sorry for the rant, but just been bothering me lately watching this team...

Edit:sorry, didn't mean to attach the quote..
MadtownIllin is offline
Old Jan 21, 2013, 09:42 AM   #4375
illini73
Banned
Location: Austin, MN
Posts: 1,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramer116 View Post
I was too. I really thought he could be a 15 ppg scorer as a JR/SR.

Who knows, maybe he makes the leap. He has time. But he has to get a lot better. IMO, he never sniffs any PT at the 3 unless he drastically improves his handles and quickness by slimming down.

I'm not sure what to think. I feel he is never making shots, yet everyone considers him to be this elite shooter. Hope it clicks for Myke.
Hard to make shots from the bench!

IMO with the struggles of Griffey lately it is time to turn to Myke and see what he can do with some extended minutes. Scorers need minutes to get into the flow of the game. Spotty minutes does not cut it.
illini73 is offline
Closed Thread
Thread Tools

Forum Jump