Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Illinois Football Recruiting Thread

Closed Thread

Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:19 PM   #3926
illynifan34
That's a winner!!
He qualified at Virginia Tech once right? He can qualify for Illinois. Just needs to get the job done.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:23 PM   #3927
Second and Chalmers
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Not necessarily
I bet you a million internet points.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:25 PM   #3928
IllinoisFanAtFSU
The situation all along was that he would be here in fall at earliest. The article makes it sound like Illinois is unwilling to assume that he will graduate in time to be here in fall. That does not mean that he will not be, just that Illinois doesn't want to make a guarantee for something out of their control.

With all the fanfare surrounding him, I firmly expect him to play in O&B this season or next.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:25 PM   #3929
StateFarmCenter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second and Chalmers View Post
Them not announcing him means he's not coming.

It was weird that he wasn't going to be here in the spring, and the explanation didn't make any sense ("the NCAA suggested that he enroll in July", that's not a thing). I should have realized it then, but I guess I just didn't believe the staff would be this derelict in filling the QB position for next year.

We're 2-10 at best next year with the current QB's.
And then a few weeks ago Werner said he wouldn't be here for the Summer either and was going to be here in the fall.

But now here we are. Probably should have been obvious to everyone I guess. Hope Alstott is flippable.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:33 PM   #3930
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second and Chalmers View Post
I bet you a million internet points.
Sure.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:39 PM   #3931
BillMo
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinoisFanAtFSU View Post
The situation all along was that he would be here in fall at earliest. The article makes it sound like Illinois is unwilling to assume that he will graduate in time to be here in fall. That does not mean that he will not be, just that Illinois doesn't want to make a guarantee for something out of their control.

With all the fanfare surrounding him, I firmly expect him to play in O&B this season or next.

He is not on course to graduate in the spring , and he will need summer classes. so he can not sign. There was hope he would be able to get it done and sign he just hasn't. This truly is nothing new at all as far as I am aware. I think this is why his coach has said all along he should RS and get used to everything, it would give him a year to get ahead of things in school, as much as learn the playbook
Old Jan 31, 2017, 09:45 PM   #3932
mhuml32
Rumor has it we are still waiting on this guy...

http://www.scout.com/player/87428-an...ear=2006&s=169
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:14 PM   #3933
FT35
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMo View Post
He is not on course to graduate in the spring , and he will need summer classes. so he can not sign. There was hope he would be able to get it done and sign he just hasn't. This truly is nothing new at all as far as I am aware. I think this is why his coach has said all along he should RS and get used to everything, it would give him a year to get ahead of things in school, as much as learn the playbook
This makes sense although I don't understand why there wasn't more of a push to get a 3rd QB in this class? Estes was never interested and who knows if Alstott is?

Now we have a guy who has to be red shirted (Thomas) and another guy who may not even be here to play this fall.

That leaves us with a guy coming off a serious injury and JGJ, who is not a fit for McGee's offense.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:38 PM   #3934
MadSeason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FT35 View Post
This makes sense although I don't understand why there wasn't more of a push to get a 3rd QB in this class? Estes was never interested and who knows if Alstott is?

Now we have a guy who has to be red shirted (Thomas) and another guy who may not even be here to play this fall.

That leaves us with a guy coming off a serious injury and JGJ, who is not a fit for McGee's offense.
Trenard Davis is in there as well assuming he is still at QB
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:42 PM   #3935
FT35
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSeason View Post
Trenard Davis is in there as well assuming he is still at QB
I saw him warming up with Cam Miller before the MSU game last year. If he ends up playing a meaningful minute at QB for Illinois then next year is going to be brutal
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:49 PM   #3936
BRy12
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillMo View Post
I thought that had been known all along though ? I really am not at all shocked by this, and just have to keep the faith that he does what he needs to, to get here. It does make the odds of him RS next year if he does a lot more likely. I do believe it was said from the start he may not be here till fall do to having work to do in the summer.

You are correct. We knew from the start he may not be here until the Fall, Jeremy Werner has been saying this all along.

As long as he is here in the fall, nothing changes. It would be better for the future of our program if he redshirts anyway. Why waste his supreme talent during what should be our worst season in the foreseeable future?

All aboard the Chayce Crouch train in 2017. Please be healthy.
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:54 PM   #3937
MadSeason
Quote:
I saw him warming up with Cam Miller before the MSU game last year. If he ends up playing a meaningful minute at QB for Illinois then next year is going to be brutal
Meh, I've seen worse

http://www.hudl.com/profile/2353331/trenard-davis
Old Jan 31, 2017, 10:54 PM   #3938
BRy12
Oh hey Malik Zaire, why not stay in the Chicago Sports market for another year and bring your talents to Chambana. Pls, thx.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 12:16 AM   #3939
BillMo
Banned
Quote:

If I remember correctly, the reason was simply Lovie didn't want to tie up the scollys on QBs. I guess it kind of makes sense to not want to add 3 qbs in a class when you have SO many other needs.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 02:25 AM   #3940
Deon1987
Lawson will be here in the summer and for summer work outs...he cannot sign only because he can't rightfully sign and transfer without graduating yet....he set to do so and be here this summer.don't hit that Illinois fan panic button so quickly smh
Old Feb 1, 2017, 06:02 AM   #3941
Dan
Admin
Signing Day 2017 Thread!-

http://www.illinoisloyalty.com/Forum...ad.php?t=23656
Closed Thread