Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > General > Track 5 Chat

Palestinian sentenced to death

Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:47 AM   #1
DaytonIllini
For selling his home in Hebron to a family of Jews.

Quote:
Mr. Abu Shahala reportedly confessed following torture sessions at the hands of his captors. The death sentence can be executed only following concurrence by Mahmoud Abbas, aka Abu Mazen, president of the PA. After he signs the death warrant, Abu Shahala may be killed.
http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ws_640592.html

But of course Palestinians are 'just like us'. They want the same things in life that anyone does.

Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:55 AM   #2
-josh-
Banana no more
I'm in no way advocating this and i do think it's ridiculous and atrocious...however...if you know it's a crime punishable by death, why do it?

Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:00 PM   #3
bmb777
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaytonIllini View Post
For selling his home in Hebron to a family of Jews.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/...ws_640592.html

But of course Palestinians are 'just like us'. They want the same things in life that anyone does.
wow. thats about all I can say right now. if I said what I thought I might get banned.
bmb777 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 12:01 PM   #4
KBLEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
I'm in no way advocating this and i do think it's ridiculous and atrocious...however...if you know it's a crime punishable by death, why do it?
But, if he only confessed "following torture sessions at the hands of his captors," how do we know he actually did it? It has the same stench as Chicago PD coerced confessions of the 60s and 70s.
KBLEE is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:09 PM   #5
AK Illini
Banned
meh, they see it as treason, something we also take seriously.
AK Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 01:16 PM   #6
DaytonIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Illini View Post
meh, they see it as treason, something we also take seriously.
:laugh:

Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:06 PM   #7
bmb777
Banned
Quote:
just when I thought I couldnt see anything more stupid than why this guy was sentenced to death, AK makes a comment and proves me wrong.

how stupid does one have to be to compare selling your house to a jewish family to actual acts of treason like selling national security secrets to a foreign power?
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:33 PM   #8
DaytonIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb777 View Post
just when I thought I couldnt see anything more stupid than why this guy was sentenced to death, AK makes a comment and proves me wrong.

how stupid does one have to be to compare selling your house to a jewish family to actual acts of treason like selling national security secrets to a foreign power?
I like to eat but that doesn't mean that canibalism is morally equivalent to eating a Big Mac.

Liberals always defend anti-semitism so it's in their 'dna' to defend anything an anti-semite would pull.

Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:36 PM   #9
pizzaman
Quote:
I like to eat but that doesn't mean that canibalism is morally equivalent to eating a Big Mac.
You got a lot more confidence than I do if you think you know what's in the patty part of a big mac.
pizzaman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:38 PM   #10
pizzaman
And if the guy who sold you the house is sentenced to death for selling the place to you, how well do you think the neighbors will welcome you in the neighborhood? You must have gotten the deal of the century to close on that one.

Just friggin' unbelievable.
Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:47 PM   #11
DaytonIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
You got a lot more confidence than I do if you think you know what's in the patty part of a big mac.
Good point.

Old Apr 23, 2012, 02:48 PM   #12
illinifan31
Orange Krush Cow
Should have brought this up at the 30ftx200ft Pro-Palestinian wall that was put up in front of the English building last week calling out Jews for apartheid.
illinifan31 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:31 AM   #13
bmb777
Banned
Quote:

Liberals always defend anti-semitism so it's in their 'dna' to defend anything an anti-semite would pull.
I've learned(from on here and on facebook) that arguing with a liberal is like banging your head against the wall.

when I find myself being sucked into arguing with a liberal I try to remember the quote "never argue with an idiot, he will just suck you down to his level and beat you with experience"
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:23 AM   #14
IntenselyOrange
Quote:
I've learned(from on here and on facebook) that arguing with a liberal is like banging your head against the wall.

when I find myself being sucked into arguing with a liberal I try to remember the quote "never argue with an idiot, he will just suck you down to his level and beat you with experience"
Unfortunately, the same can be said of arguing with conservatives. The ideologues on both sides are exceptionally closed-minded and impossible to reach.
IntenselyOrange is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 05:54 AM   #15
DanvIllini
Super Lurker
Quote:

Stereotype much? oh wait youre conservative... fitting. btw... i wont look at your response.
DanvIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:28 AM   #16
illinirazorback
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanvIllini View Post
Stereotype much? oh wait youre conservative... fitting. btw... i wont look at your response.
Oh yes, and you are SO much better. :rolleyes:
illinirazorback is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 06:44 AM   #17
AK Illini
Banned
Quote:
Quote:

You guys missed my point and i've never been anything close an apologist for any of the fairy tails.

back to your regularly scheduled rapture watch.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:08 AM   #18
pizzaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntenselyOrange View Post
Unfortunately, the same can be said of arguing with conservatives. The ideologues on both sides are exceptionally closed-minded and impossible to reach.
Although I like both elephants and donkeys, I intensely dislike the political parties they represent. You are correct, the ideologues on both sides are too closed minded for any discussion. As a result, politics have succumbed to fights over philosophy rather than practicality. Too bad, because both sides have some good ideas and some awful sticking points.

I live in Wisconsin and last night I got a phone call polling me on my opinion of Governor Walker. (he's being recalled) When I said I like some of his accomplishments and dislike others, the poller was done with me. There is little grey anymore, it's all black or white.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:52 AM   #19
DaytonIllini
Quote:
I disagree. Liberals generally are so immature intellectually that they cannot carry an argument. In other words they are so wrapped up in their ideology that they never seek to question it. They just retort some idiocy and run away and hide.

Conservatives are different. They don't make an attempt to explain their ideology because they feel it is self-evident or they know that it is inherently self-serving.

You cannot easily point out the hypocrisy of either group without making them angry though because they deeply don't want to analyze their own ignorance. Witness :

Quote:
back to your regularly scheduled rapture watch.
Quote:
btw... i wont look at your response
Could you imagine employing someone with that level of thought process?

Old Apr 24, 2012, 07:56 AM   #20
AK Illini
Banned
I'm a big Dayton fan but his blinders are still on and can't see the obvious context in my post. It's SOP for the religious mind.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

My original reply on why this was a DP worthy offense was simply providing context for their action and I was spot on as usual.
Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:06 AM   #21
DaytonIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Illini View Post
I'm a big Dayton fan but his blinders are still on and can't see the obvious context in my post. It's SOP for the religious mind.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.”

My original reply on why this was a DP worthy offense was simply providing context for their action and I was spot on as usual.
It appeared you were saying it was okay to do this because they could rationalize it. I apologize if I misunderstood the context of your argument.

Re-reading it I guess I see the word 'meh' as 'oh well' or 'who cares' or 'no big deal' followed by we do the same sort of thing to people that commit treason.

My point is that religious zealots should not run countries. When you kill someone because they sell to a Jew, how could you expect Jews to negotiate with that government? Though I'll readily concede that Israel has its own share of bizarre behavior.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say your post was 'spot on as usual' though your thought process may have been.

Old Apr 24, 2012, 08:46 AM   #22
IntenselyOrange
Quote:
I disagree. Liberals generally are so immature intellectually that they cannot carry an argument. In other words they are so wrapped up in their ideology that they never seek to question it. They just retort some idiocy and run away and hide.

Conservatives are different. They don't make an attempt to explain their ideology because they feel it is self-evident or they know that it is inherently self-serving.

You cannot easily point out the hypocrisy of either group without making them angry though because they deeply don't want to analyze their own ignorance. Witness :

Could you imagine employing someone with that level of thought process?

I fail to see the difference between liberals and conservatives. Each thinks their point is obvious and feel that anyone who holds a different opinion is either stupid or is pushing some conspiracy laden agenda. Neither side has any willingness to challenge their pre-conceived ideas.
IntenselyOrange is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:09 AM   #23
DaytonIllini
Quote:
I fail to see the difference between liberals and conservatives. Each thinks their point is obvious and feel that anyone who holds a different opinion is either stupid or is pushing some conspiracy laden agenda. Neither side has any willingness to challenge their pre-conceived ideas.
You're probably right. I started two different responses to argue the point otherwise but the logic of each broke down quickly. They both suck. Point to IO.

Old Apr 24, 2012, 11:16 AM   #24
katu06
Quote:
You're probably right. I started two different responses to argue the point otherwise but the logic of each broke down quickly. They both suck. Point to IO.
+1 from me too
katu06 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2012, 01:51 PM   #25
bmb777
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinirazorback View Post
Oh yes, and you are SO much better. :rolleyes:
yeah he had the typical liberal response. I know more than you, I'm right, you're wrong, I won't look at your response. which boils down to he knows he is wrong, but can't admit it.

« Previous Thread | General Chat | Next Thread »