Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

11/12 Games

Old Nov 12, 2012, 01:04 PM   #1
zoggle101
The biggest one tonight other tha ours is West Va @ Gonzaga.

I was thinking a 5 maybe 6 point spread in favor of the Bullgogs but it is at -9 right now.

West Va is a very tough Big 12 team and I could see them pulling this out. Kilicli is back along with a very talented sophomore class who should be even better in year 2 plus three major transfer who will all suit up this season. Matthew Humphrey is immediately eligible from Boston College via Oregon, Aaric Murray a big, athletic center who was a top 60 guy in 09 from Lasalle, and Juwan Staten who didn't have a great freshman year at Dayton but you could see the upside with another year or to in college. The speedy, athletic Staten certainly eases the lose of Daryl "truck" Bryant.

Don't sleep on the mountaineers or Lon Kruegers OU Sooners in the big 12 this season. Our ex coach has a pretty solid roster to work with this year and his teams see to overachieve when he doesn't have this much to work with.
zoggle101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:22 PM   #2
chucktownillini
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoggle101 View Post
The biggest one tonight other tha ours is West Va @ Gonzaga.

I was thinking a 5 maybe 6 point spread in favor of the Bullgogs but it is at -9 right now.

West Va is a very tough Big 12 team and I could see them pulling this out. Kilicli is back along with a very talented sophomore class who should be even better in year 2 plus three major transfer who will all suit up this season. Matthew Humphrey is immediately eligible from Boston College via Oregon, Aaric Murray a big, athletic center who was a top 60 guy in 09 from Lasalle, and Juwan Staten who didn't have a great freshman year at Dayton but you could see the upside with another year or to in college. The speedy, athletic Staten certainly eases the lose of Daryl "truck" Bryant.

Don't sleep on the mountaineers or Lon Kruegers OU Sooners in the big 12 this season. Our ex coach has a pretty solid roster to work with this year and his teams see to overachieve when he doesn't have this much to work with.
Is Huggybear still the coach at WV? His teams are always tough.
chucktownillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:56 PM   #3
zoggle101
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktownillini View Post
Yes.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 02:57 PM   #4
FeelYourPaign
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktownillini View Post
Yes . . and yes.
FeelYourPaign is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 03:26 PM   #5
Serious Late
Location: Ann Arbor via Albuquerque via Chicago via Champaign via Peoria
Let's not forget the vaunted Davidson @ New Mexico matchup at 1 am CST on ESPN. Matchup of two of the better recent Mid-Majors.

I will be in attendance for this late night game... very excited!

Old Nov 12, 2012, 04:50 PM   #6
Dan
Admin
:rolleyes:

The BTN wrote a personal note to Indiana fans explaining why their game is on BTDN tonight-

http://btn.com/2012/11/12/no-1-india...twork-tonight/
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:29 PM   #7
gibb52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Late View Post
Let's not forget the vaunted Davidson @ New Mexico matchup at 1 am CST on ESPN. Matchup of two of the better recent Mid-Majors.

I will be in attendance for this late night game... very excited!
The PIT!! Hope you have a good time.
gibb52 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:00 PM   #8
zoggle101
I'll be checking on the game at the Pit which is never an easy place for a road team to grab a W. Ex-Arizona State player Demetrius Walker and Kendall Williams are the faces of this team now that Drew Gordan(via UCLA) has graduated. Tony Snell and Alex Kirk need super seasons if the Lobos are going to challenge teams like San Diego St. And UNLV in the mountain West.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 08:50 PM   #9
IlliniKat91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post

The BTN wrote a personal note to Indiana fans explaining why their game is on BTDN tonight-

Good Lord, who peed in their Wheaties? Gimme a break, it's one game, and it's their ONLY game. Quit whining.
IlliniKat91 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 05:32 AM   #10
Botb9
Realist
Quote:

Old Nov 13, 2012, 06:53 AM   #11
FeelYourPaign
Wow, didn't watch, but Gonzaga DESTROYED W. Va last night. 84-50. Game was out west, which must be a little tough for Huggy and company, but nonetheless, that is a spanking.

We had better have our sneaks tied tight when we go out there in a few weeks.
FeelYourPaign is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:04 AM   #12
Foo G
#TeamKickass
Quote:

Holy geez!
Did you read all of those comments?
I don't understand where they get their undeserved sense of entitlement.
Just because they are temporarily ranked #1, everything has to center around them?
I guess I didn't realize that the days were shorter because the earth is now revolving around IU.

"I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in its place. I'm gonna tell you what place it's in; it's in a great place. That's what place it's in." - Chief John Groce
Foo G is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:19 AM   #13
illiniobserver22
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelYourPaign View Post
Wow, didn't watch, but Gonzaga DESTROYED W. Va last night. 84-50. Game was out west, which must be a little tough for Huggy and company, but nonetheless, that is a spanking.

Yeah, that's probably going to be a loss.

Old Nov 13, 2012, 09:22 AM   #14
mattcoldagelli
Quote:

To be fair, WVU looked awful and totally disjointed. I don't think it could all be blamed on the time differential, either.

mattcoldagelli is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:51 PM   #15
DrewD007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo G View Post
Holy geez!
Did you read all of those comments?
I don't understand where they get their undeserved sense of entitlement.
Just because they are temporarily ranked #1, everything has to center around them?
I guess I didn't realize that the days were shorter because the earth is now revolving around IU.
I think they were more so upset about having to pay for the service. If the game was simply just streamed then I don't think there would've been quite the fuss.
DrewD007 is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:09 PM   #16
troydove
Banned
Quote:

I saw the game and all I kept thinking was scooby dooby do (RUT ROE) They don't quit coming at you. It's our pop in the mouth I think
troydove is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 01:26 PM   #17
Foo G
#TeamKickass
They still would have !!!!!ed that they should have been on ahead of any other game scheduled, because they're Indiana and they're #1.
Where were the Minnesota fans in all of those complaints?
We've got 4 games (counting exhibition) spread out over 2 months of service.
IU has 1 exhibition and 1 non-con (against North Dakota State :rolleyes on that list, both within a month of each other.
Plus, the replay is airing this afternoon.

All of these whining Hoosier fans can suck it...

...up and pay the $10 just like the rest of us.

"I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in its place. I'm gonna tell you what place it's in; it's in a great place. That's what place it's in." - Chief John Groce
Foo G is online now Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »