Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

11/20 News & Notes

Old Nov 20, 2012, 01:31 PM   #1
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Asked Tim Beckman if #illini LB Jonathan Brown required offseason surgery, he said: "That's progressing. Those decisions will be made."

As for if Brown will be back with #illini next year, Beckman said he waits until after the season to have those conversations.

Beckman said he'll gather as much information as he can for non-seniors who have inrerest in the draft (Jonathan Brown and Akeem Spence)

http://twitter.com/WernerESPNCU
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:15 PM   #2
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Sanni: Success will come with Beckman

"They have a reason to be critical," said Sanni, who has played 42 games in his career. "We don't want to be that team in the bottom of the Big Ten.

"I have full confidence in Coach Beckman and what he's doing. I know he's going to work hard and get where we want to be. Just give our new coach a chance. It's a new day and be patient. I think this program is going to turn around. We're going to do the necessary things to get back to where we want to be. Illini Nation will be back on top."

Scott Powers
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:43 PM   #3
AHSIllini32
Great words of advice from Sanni and glad to hear someone come out and say something like this instead of the crap we heard earlier in the season from Spence.
AHSIllini32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:42 PM   #4
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHSIllini32 View Post
Great words of advice from Sanni and glad to hear someone come out and say something like this instead of the crap we heard earlier in the season from Spence.
It will be interesting to hear down the road what exactly was happening in the locker room and coaches meetings this season.

Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:35 PM   #5
Paignt It Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhogday View Post
It will be interesting to hear down the road what exactly was happening in the locker room and coaches meetings this season.
If I was a betting man, here is what I would bet was happening. A few of the seniors and juniors (don't want to call anyone out because I don't want to get banned) were basically hinderances on the team and not doing what coaches were asking. I think they have played uninspired ball all year and I think it stems from them not buying into what TB has tried to implement. They could have been team players and be leaders, instead, they had their own agenda. Of course that is just a theory.

Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:03 PM   #6
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paignt It Orange View Post
If I was a betting man, here is what I would bet was happening. A few of the seniors and juniors (don't want to call anyone out because I don't want to get banned) were basically hinderances on the team and not doing what coaches were asking. I think they have played uninspired ball all year and I think it stems from them not buying into what TB has tried to implement. They could have been team players and be leaders, instead, they had their own agenda. Of course that is just a theory.
I would also guess that one or two assistant coaches were not on the same page and won't be back next year.

Old Nov 20, 2012, 11:05 PM   #7
Paignt It Orange
Quote:
I would also guess that one or two assistant coaches were not on the same page and won't be back next year.
I would tend to agree with you on that.

Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:31 AM   #8
quhawks12
Quote:
I'd like to hear from one position in particular.
quhawks12 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 08:32 AM   #9
quhawks12
Quote:
I believe the main players were at one position. And I also believe there position coach will be one of the assistants to move on.
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:02 AM   #10
Groundhogday
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
I believe the main players were at one position. And I also believe there position coach will be one of the assistants to move on.
Yep. Not hard to see this one coming.

Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:10 AM   #11
AHSIllini32
Quote:
Yep. Not hard to see this one coming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by quhawks12 View Post
What's funny is that he was the one coach outside of VK that everyone was praying would be kept.
AHSIllini32 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2012, 09:18 AM   #12
quhawks12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHSIllini32 View Post
What's funny is that he was the one coach outside of VK that everyone was praying would be kept.
I agree. I was thrilled he was staying on board.

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »