Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

12/2 Games

Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:39 PM   #1
zoggle101
Here are some games to pay attention to

Middle Tenessee State Blue Raiders vs Akron Zips - Both mid majors need this win.

George Mason vs Maryland - A win here would look great on the Patriots resume after close losses to Bucknell along with a 1 point loss to New Mexico. Terps would be better off not losing this game especially to a one bid league even if GM is supposed to win the conference.

California @ Wisconsin - both team need this W but with it being in Madison along with the Badgers having two losses already it's a must win for Bo and company. Best game of the day.

The Valpo Crusaders who are at full strength take on a St. Louis Bilikens team who hasn't totally struggled without Kwamain Mitchell but haven't played as good as their pre season hype without him. Big game for both teams but the A10 needs this one if the want to have 3-4-5 bids come tournament time.

Wichita State vs. Airforce - huge game for the Falcons if he win and one the Shockers just need to win if the MVC is planning on sending Creighton, ISU, and WSU to the NCAA tournament.

Washington and Stanford both have games hey need to win today and the PAC in general needs the W's if they are playing on sending more than 3 teams to the NCAA.

A Milton Jenningsless Clemson team beat South Carolina today who looked better in game two of the addition of Bruce Ellington.

FSU should handle the Mercer Bears and a fiesty Boise State team lead by Derrick Marks shouldn't have trouble beating the Seattle RedHawks in their game.
zoggle101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:12 PM   #2
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Can't believe there was no Justin Cobbs mention in your post!
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:49 PM   #3
zoggle101
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Can't believe there was no Justin Cobbs mention in your post!
Are we being friendly or do you want a reaction?. I can't write everything about teams that I know over and over or my posts would be massive.:rolleyes: I didn't mention Crabbe either but if you piece together everything I write about Cal you'd learn a little about the Golden Bears.

Wow, of course I finally feel comfortable enough with the Seminoles ultimately leaving them off the important games to watch even with such a short schedule. I thought they were shaping up after an early season loss to the South Alabama Jaguars and they go out losing to the Mercer Bears who moved to 4-4. The only good thing I guess any FSU fan can take away from this is the Mercer Bears should win a bunch of games within conference and shouldn't wreck FSU's RPI much.

Last edited by zoggle101; Dec 2, 2012 at 02:56 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:07 PM   #4
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoggle101 View Post
Are we being friendly or do you want a reaction?.
Just noticed him playing and recalled we had discussed him here a long while back when he was still playing for Tubby at MN.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:19 PM   #5
zoggle101
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Just noticed him playing and recalled we had discussed him here a long while back when he was still playing for Tubby at MN.
You know I've mentioned him at Cal a bunch and reference you every time. I remember catching heat after I mentioned him in a game and listed him on Minnesota's depth chart as a good, solid player. I did that with the Golden Gophers a bunch of times the past few years and this season was no exception. I even argued with Cobb if people didn't want to believe me that he was good after watching him play with numbers. Saying he was taking minutes from Al Nolen and Devoe Joseph as a freshman but people argued that he Gophers sucked even though it was more chemistry issues with that team.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:31 PM   #6
zoggle101
This little Showalter kid is built like Marshall and Jackson. It will be a pg by committee for the Badgers this year. If they mainly Marshall and Jackson even though Showalter looks like a tough nosed Badger player i just havent seen enough of him can buy into it this team will benefit. The Badgers are figuring this out rather quickly after the uncertainy at the position with Josh Gassers injurys right before the season.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:21 AM   #7
DRS
Have to admit that I was impressed by that dismantling of Cal. They just completed took that game over midway through the first half and never looked back. This is the year, particularly with Gasser's injury, that I feel Wisky misses out but after that performance you can at least see an avenue for them. Brust showed me the spirit indicative of Ryan's teams. They've still got away to Marquette over the weekend and that could help them salvage the non-conference resume.
DRS is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »