Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

12/7 games

Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Botb9
Realist
As the season is settling in, there are fewer and fewer top-25 games on Fridays. Only really two other games of note that will be accessible to most of us.

Harvard-UCONN 6PM ESPN3
Iowa St.-Iowa 7PM BTN

Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:43 AM   #2
Holdemall
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botb9 View Post
As the season is settling in, there are fewer and fewer top-25 games on Fridays. Only really two other games of note that will be accessible to most of us.

Harvard-UCONN 6PM ESPN3
Iowa St.-Iowa 7PM BTN
When conference play hits full swing, I believe only the Ivy and the Pac-12 play on Fridays.
EDIT: The Pac-12 no longer does the Friday-Sunday thing. The Ivy plays on Fridays and it seems the MAAC and the Horizon have a smattering of Friday games.

Last edited by Holdemall; Dec 7, 2012 at 09:46 AM. Reason: check before you speak
Holdemall is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 09:56 AM   #3
FeelYourPaign
Pretty interested in the Iowa St / Iowa game.
Iowa State has a good chance in the rivalry game and would be favored if it was in Ames. Should show us a few things about Iowa . . . all of them bad, I hope.
FeelYourPaign is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:16 AM   #4
Holdemall
Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelYourPaign View Post
Pretty interested in the Iowa St / Iowa game.
Iowa State has a good chance in the rivalry game and would be favored if it was in Ames. Should show us a few things about Iowa . . . all of them bad, I hope.
I'm in the camp that advocates curb-stomping other conferences. Let Iowa be exposed in the B1G.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:24 AM   #5
gordonbacon15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdemall View Post
I'm in the camp that advocates curb-stomping other conferences. Let Iowa be exposed in the B1G.
Typically I am as well, but living in Iowa City with a roommate that talks about Peter Jok like he's the second-coming of MJ has caused me to hate Iowa basketball. I hope Iowa State wins big tonight.
gordonbacon15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:27 AM   #6
chucktownillini
Speaking of Iowa, Whatever happened to M. Basabe? Thought he was an up & coming star not long ago, but the stats show him avg. only 8 points agame thus far. Only 18 min. a game avg. Also, I noticed that the Hawkeyes have 9 players avg. over 15 minutes per game. Wonder if that will continue once we get into conf. play?
chucktownillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:55 PM   #7
zoggle101
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucktownillini View Post
Speaking of Iowa, Whatever happened to M. Basabe? Thought he was an up & coming star not long ago, but the stats show him avg. only 8 points agame thus far. Only 18 min. a game avg. Also, I noticed that the Hawkeyes have 9 players avg. over 15 minutes per game. Wonder if that will continue once we get into conf. play?
Aaron White happened.
zoggle101 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 12:58 PM   #8
Holdemall
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonbacon15 View Post
Typically I am as well, but living in Iowa City with a roommate that talks about Peter Jok like he's the second-coming of MJ has caused me to hate Iowa basketball. I hope Iowa State wins big tonight.
So I guess you could say he's riding Peter's Jok.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 01:04 PM   #9
zoggle101
Quote:
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Everything I've read about Jok is pointing toward him playing at a high level again. It certainly helped the Hawkeyes chances of landing Jok which of course they did when his h.s. coach became former Iowa standout Jeff Horner. Jok was a huge recruit and let's not forget they add Jared Uthoff next year. Coach McCaffery is doing a great job of keeping instate recruits home.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 06:22 PM   #10
gordonbacon15
Quote:
:laugh: Very nice! I'll have to use this the next time he brings him up.
gordonbacon15 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 08:29 PM   #11
IllinEye
Big win for the Hawks 80-71. Blast from the past as former Sparty Korie Lucious is a starting guard for the Cyclones and he was greeted by chants of "Big Ten Reject" while he shot FT's. The B1G is going to be a roller coaster ride this season, everyone looks good 1-12
IllinEye is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:55 PM   #12
OrangeAndBlue217
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinEye View Post
Big win for the Hawks 80-71. Blast from the past as former Sparty Korie Lucious is a starting guard for the Cyclones and he was greeted by chants of "Big Ten Reject" while he shot FT's. The B1G is going to be a roller coaster ride this season, everyone looks good 1-12
Even PSU and PU???
OrangeAndBlue217 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 8, 2012, 01:27 AM   #13
zoggle101
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllinEye View Post
Two other players on the Cyclones roster familiar to these parts. Chris Babb played for PSU once upon a time, and Anthony Booker suited up for SIU-c. They rely heavily on sophomore transfer Will Clyburn from Utah. Clyburn puts up a lot of shots but so do a bunch of other Cyclones. Hoiberg needs to get this figured out before conference play because it seems to effect team chemistry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeAndBlue217 View Post
Even PSU and PU???
PSU is bad but still has four guys who are going to compete. Last time I checked though it takes five to play.

PU is good not great and it wouldn't surprise me if they finish ahead of UNO, PSU, NW, and Iowa in the BIG. We are in for a surprise if we think they're on the Nittany Lions level.

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »