Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

Jabari Parker commits to Duke

Closed Thread

Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:52 AM   #1
midastouch11
I hate discussing it but feel its newsworthy in this forum. Joe Hendrickson announced this morning that Jabari will be announcing next Thursday, Dec. 20th. He'll choose between Duke, Florida, Michigan State, BYU, and Stanford.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:58 AM   #2
Joel Goodson
Coffee is for closers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midastouch11 View Post
I hate discussing it but feel its newsworthy in this forum. Joe Hendrickson announced this morning that Jabari will be announcing next Thursday, Dec. 20th. He'll choose between Duke, Florida, Michigan State, BYU, and Stanford.
So, every chapeau on the table will be an Illini hat?
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:11 AM   #3
-josh-
Calm, Collected, German.
Such formalities, just say you're going to Duke, there's plenty of time to brand yourself for the nba without a hokie press conference.

Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Joel Goodson
Coffee is for closers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midastouch11 View Post
The sooner, the better. Unfortunately, a verbal isn't going to stop some posters from speculating that we still have a chance (ugh!).

Parker should announce the McLaurin way. lol
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:28 AM   #5
Dan
Admin
Jabari Parker to announce decision Thursday, December 20th. Hint: Not Illinois! Is there a chance? No!

Quote:
The 6-8 All-American and 2012 National Player of the Year, who is the No. 2 ranked player in the country in the Class of 2013, will announce his decision next Thursday, Dec. 20 at Simeon High School at 3 p.m. Duke, BYU, Florida, Michigan State and Stanford are among his final five.

Joe Henricksen
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:44 AM   #6
Kramer116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Jabari Parker to announce decision Thursday, December 20th. Hint: Not Illinois! Is there a chance? No!
My guess is Duke.

"I do want to address something. I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in it's place. I'm going to tell you what place it's in. It's in a great place. That's what place it's in.... So if anyone wants to know what place Illinois college hoops is in right now, it's in a great place. Not a good place. A great place" - JFG
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:44 AM   #7
TCTORNADO
Quote:
Originally Posted by -josh- View Post
Such formalities, just say you're going to Duke, there's plenty of time to brand yourself for the nba without a hokie press conference.
This without a doubt has been the most carefully orchestrated PR campaign for a HS basketball player of all time. The press conference will have some drama to it too!!
A lot of people fell prey to this campaign.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:54 AM   #8
BananaShampoo
Captain 'Paign
It's gotta be Duke or MSU. I'm going with Duke. The rich get richer...

Old Dec 12, 2012, 07:58 AM   #9
BigTenChamp87
Banned
It ain't the Illini, so WGAF.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:01 AM   #10
mattcoldagelli
There's going to be a loud record scratch, the war chant will be piped in, somebody will shout "That's John Groce's music!" and Groce will kick in the door, yell "FOLLOW ME. FOLLOW ME TO FREEDOM"

/scene

@mattcoldagelli

Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:05 AM   #11
Foo G
Can bring the ball up
He wanted to announce before the world ends.
That's good; now we have a date for all of the JP talk to stop.
I'm predicting a semi-darkhorse: Florida.
I think they'll have more talent in place than Duke or MSU and give him the best chance to win a NC.

"I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in its place. I'm gonna tell you what place it's in; it's in a great place. That's what place it's in." - Chief John Groce
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:10 AM   #12
rrhafley
Olympic Illini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattcoldagelli View Post
There's going to be a loud record scratch, the war chant will be piped in, somebody will shout "That's John Groce's music!" and Groce will kick in the door, yell "FOLLOW ME. FOLLOW ME TO FREEDOM"

/scene
Blahh!
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:15 AM   #13
ARay22
MSU

Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:27 AM   #14
IlliniPunk
I think Duke too simply because MSU has a couple of players who may come out after this season if they have a good year (Harris, Appling, Dawson). MSU would be a perfect fit only if everyone returns. That's never a guarantee though.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:27 AM   #15
Noday
I say ILLINOIS!!! or Stanford.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:31 AM   #16
Future Walk-On
In before: Posters appear claiming to be "insiders" and try to convince us he has promised KN and JT to come to U of I...
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:33 AM   #17
carmelillini
Still pulling for Ricks College.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:43 AM   #18
ILLINIFAN2
I am pretty positive that Jabari will put on his Ray Bans and announce "Sometime you gotta say, WTF, make your move....Looks like the University of Illinois":laugh::laugh::laugh:
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:51 AM   #19
troyk
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foo G View Post
He wanted to announce before the world ends.
That's good; now we have a date for all of the JP talk to stop.
I'm predicting a semi-darkhorse: Florida.
I think they'll have more talent in place than Duke or MSU and give him the best chance to win a NC.
Florida would not really be a dark horse. I think they are clearly in the top 3 with MSU and Duke.

Billy Donovan is criminally underrated as a coach. He's every bit as accomplished as Self/Williams/Izzo/Calipari etc.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:53 AM   #20
Foo G
Can bring the ball up
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniPunk View Post
I think Duke too simply because MSU has a couple of players who may come out after this season if they have a good year (Harris, Appling, Dawson). MSU would be a perfect fit only if everyone returns. That's never a guarantee though.
I don't see any of those guys leaving after this season.
Harris is the only real option out of those 3, but I really don't see him going anywhere yet.
Dawson needs to develop his outside shot.
Appling's size keeps him around for his senior year.

"I understand there was an article written about Illinois basketball being put in its place. I'm gonna tell you what place it's in; it's in a great place. That's what place it's in." - Chief John Groce
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:53 AM   #21
griff94griff
MSU would be my guess

Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:54 AM   #22
Foo G
Can bring the ball up
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyk View Post
Florida would not really be a dark horse. I think they are clearly in the top 3 with MSU and Duke.

Billy Donovan is criminally underrated as a coach. He's every bit as accomplished as Self/Williams/Izzo/Calipari etc.
Yeah, but everyone seems to be convinced that it's down to MSU and Duke.

Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:07 AM   #23
TCTORNADO
ESPN isn't putting Simeon on 3 times this winter to highlight JP going to a B1G school and the associated BTN.
Duke is an ACC/ESPN school so that's the choice. Six out of 7 ESPN analysts say Duke.
Oh well we get some free pub for Tate/Nunn with the 3 Simeon ESPN appearances.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:12 AM   #24
Thacher_H_Guild
I predict that he will announce his big decision to cut his list further down to 4 schools. Next presser at the end of January.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 09:12 AM   #25
PaytonHighstep
I am going to be different and say Stanford. They came in and got Randle, the weather in Cali is great, and the education is great. Not saying Randle was a JP type recruit, but they did attract him from Illinois. So they must have something pulling a midwest kid to Stanford.
Closed Thread

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Basketball | Next Thread »