Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > General > Track 5 Chat

Calling all gamers

Old Dec 13, 2012, 06:41 AM   #1
IlliniCrusader
What sports game would you guys recommend as the best as of right now? It doesn't matter if it's baseball, basketball, football, college football, college basketball, hockey, soccer, etc. Just wanting to get back into sports gaming.

I have PS2, PS3, Wii, and Xbox. My prefered system is Xbox.
IlliniCrusader is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 07:09 AM   #2
-josh-
Calm, Collected, German.
The new madden and FIFA games are really good, smooth graphics and easy to pick up gameplay.

Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:51 AM   #3
bdutts
Depends on what you like. My nephews play Madden 13 all the time.
bdutts is online now Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:25 PM   #4
IlliniCrusader
I pretty much love any sports games, but I enjoy football the most. I have a lot of bad reviews about Madden 13 though.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 12:27 PM   #5
IlliniCrusader
I love car (need for speed) games too - as well as first person shooter if anyone has any suggestions.

Just trying to get back into gaming.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:22 PM   #6
KBLEE
FIFA 13
KBLEE is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 01:23 PM   #7
Cool Hand Luke
Founder, Mike Thomas Fan Club
Not sports, and not exactly FPS either: If you don't already have Uncharted 1 and Uncharted 2 for PS3 I would highly recommend them.

I'd avoid Uncharted 3 like the plague.

I have no recommendations for sports games. I stopped playing Madden and NCAA Football several years ago when, IMO, they made the games too complicated. I stopped enjoying them.

Old Dec 13, 2012, 03:56 PM   #8
CaptainHindsight
For FPS / RPG - Have you played Fallout: New Vegas? Great game.

My favorite sports game is Mario Cart.

Edit: Tiger Woods Golf is fun too.
CaptainHindsight is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:55 PM   #9
danielb927
Orange Krush Class of 2013
Yeah, FIFA 13 is the current addiction at our apartment right now. Was pretty hooked on NBA 2K11 back when it was pretty new.

Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:20 AM   #10
IlliniCrusader
I've never played FIFA - but I can't help think it can't be much fun playing a soccer game. Is it really that addicting?

I might go with The Show though. Also might get the Gears of War trilogy and NFS Most Wanted.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:23 AM   #11
KBLEE
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniCrusader View Post
I've never played FIFA - but I can't help think it can't be much fun playing a soccer game. Is it really that addicting?
It is for me, but I enjoy soccer and watch the Premiere League games every week. I know quite a few people who are less enthusiastic about the sport who still enjoy the game, though.
KBLEE is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 11:48 AM   #12
bdutts
Quote:
I love car (need for speed) games too - as well as first person shooter if anyone has any suggestions.

Just trying to get back into gaming.
Borderlands 2 for the win. Awesome, awesome game with a lot of replay as there are five different characters one can play as. I haven't played a game as much as I am playing this one probably ever.
bdutts is online now Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:06 PM   #13
dansaint
NBA2K13 is really good right now.

Also Assassins Creed 3 is awesome and if you get the season pack...the "Tyranny of King Washington" (an alternate history of what if George Washington became KING of America and got absolute power) is gonna be coming out soon. Youtube the trailer...very well done although it shows no gameplay.

Old Dec 14, 2012, 09:50 PM   #14
danielb927
Orange Krush Class of 2013
Quote:

I might go with The Show though. Also might get the Gears of War trilogy and NFS Most Wanted.
I only watch soccer during the world cup and olympics, and maybe the occasional qualifier. I played a bit in school back as a kid, but it's never been a big love of mine. I still find the game really addicting, enjoying the player career mode a lot right now.

Old Dec 15, 2012, 11:54 AM   #15
IlliniRunIn07
Quote:

I played so much FIFA while in college, and I'm hardly a soccer zealot. The game is a ton of fun. I haven't played the new one though.
IlliniRunIn07 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2012, 07:25 PM   #16
Illinell
'03 IMPE All Star
Call of Duty (not a sports game) is pretty much all I play.
Illinell is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2012, 11:05 PM   #17
IlliniFan1988
Banned
For College Hoops, I'd say 2k Sports College Hoops 2k8. A bit dated but the legacy mode is a LOT of fun, as you can recruit anywhere in the world. Madden, NBA 2k13 and others mentioned aren't bad choices either. I look for a new hoops game for college soon with all the realignment. Some money to be made there.
IlliniFan1988 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 02:14 AM   #18
bmb777
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan1988 View Post
For College Hoops, I'd say 2k Sports College Hoops 2k8. A bit dated but the legacy mode is a LOT of fun, as you can recruit anywhere in the world. Madden, NBA 2k13 and others mentioned aren't bad choices either. I look for a new hoops game for college soon with all the realignment. Some money to be made there.
I hope someone makes a new college hoops game next year. I'm tired of having to play EA's 2k10 game
bmb777 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2012, 08:32 AM   #19
IlliniFan1988
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmb777 View Post
I hope someone makes a new college hoops game next year. I'm tired of having to play EA's 2k10 game
I'm hoping 2k will soon. I figure it will happen when the conference shifts finally come to a stop, but right now who knows when that will be for sure. I mean, it WOULD be nice to see some teams that have gone D1 since 2008 or 2010 in the game with an updated look to the arenas.
IlliniFan1988 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:31 AM   #20
IlliniSteve
If you have a PS3 you gotta have the Show.

Awesome series and it's too bad Xbox can't have a solid baseball game like that.

+1 for bringing back 2k college hoops, I still play 2k8 all the time
IlliniSteve is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 01:46 AM   #21
AzIlliniFan
I only have two games, MW3 COD and Borderlands 2. I get way more than enough hours out of them! Both are very good. I never did get into any of the sports games. I found most of them too hard. Now the NES Tecmo Bowl, Double Dribble, and Punchout, were the bomb! I just found succeeding sports games to get exceedingly hard. I am considering getting the PS3 X Com game. I played the original years ago when I had a PS1 and loved it. Anyone have it?
AzIlliniFan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2012, 05:14 AM   #22
Psycho 86
King Monkey Nut
Playing online games like Modern Warfare 3 and Black Ops 2........keep me entertained !!

Old Dec 29, 2012, 09:58 PM   #23
Magoo2
Me too. Catch me at Magoo41 if you ever want to play online. I live in the Rochester school disctrict as well.

Old Dec 29, 2012, 10:25 PM   #24
Illinell
'03 IMPE All Star
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo2 View Post
Me too. Catch me at Magoo41 if you ever want to play online. I live in the Rochester school disctrict as well.
Chi T Train here. Happy to play some CoD.
Illinell is offline Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:28 AM   #25
BananaShampoo
Captain 'Paign
I pretty much just play NCAA 2010 and 2011 and other than that just racing games (NFS, Forza). I'm a huge racing sim fan and try to collect all the cars.

« Previous Thread | General Chat | Next Thread »