Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

B1G Players of the Week - No Illini selected

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Sep 9, 2013, 09:05 AM   #1
Dan
Admin
Dan's Avatar
Location: Champaign, IL
Posts: 30,183
Nathan Scheelhaase: 26-37 (70%), 312 yards, 4 TDS, 0 INT -- Just not good enough for Player of the Week honors

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footb...090913aaa.html
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 09:21 AM   #2
PaytonHighstep
Location: Downers Grove, IL
Posts: 822
Nate had a great game, but I think what Gallon did in that Michigan game (3 td's), plus career highs in yardage and td grabs for a game was fantastic. Plus they beat ND, which is the icing on the cake.

I don't think you will see the same player win that award 2 weeks in a row. Nate should have been in the running for it, he was great Saturday.
PaytonHighstep is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 09:22 AM   #3
frogmanatbac
Banned
Posts: 344
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Nathan Scheelhaase: 26-37 (70%), 312 yards, 4 TDS, 0 INT -- Just not good enough for Player of the Week honors

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footb...090913aaa.html
Well, how you going to compete with those stats while beating ND.
Guess Michigan had the last laugh in that debacle, huh?

I have no like or dislike for ND, but I did think their coach was a bit of a jerk
regarding the end of their competition. I have watched the end of the KS-MO game here in KC and neither coach came off so smug. Yes, Self ended it, but his rationale was not demeaning despite there being a central conflict involved due to MO leaving the B12.

Anyhow.
frogmanatbac is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 10:46 AM   #4
IlliniSpine
Banned
Location: Seattle Area, WA
Posts: 2,520
Scheelhausse was good enough for an ESPN helmet sticker though!
IlliniSpine is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 11:07 AM   #5
bigtiny
bigtiny's Avatar
Posts: 269
And all players getting honored by the Big10 this week are from the South or New Jersey. Take note recruiters.
bigtiny is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 07:32 PM   #6
IlliniJim20
Posts: 1,722
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmanatbac View Post
Well, how you going to compete with those stats while beating ND.
Guess Michigan had the last laugh in that debacle, huh?

I have no like or dislike for ND, but I did think their coach was a bit of a jerk
regarding the end of their competition. I have watched the end of the KS-MO game here in KC and neither coach came off so smug. Yes, Self ended it, but his rationale was not demeaning despite there being a central conflict involved due to MO leaving the B12.

Anyhow.
What did Kelly say? I thought it was Brady Hoke who came off as arrogant withl his chicken comments
IlliniJim20 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 07:35 PM   #7
-josh-
Calm, Collected, German.
-josh-'s Avatar
Location: The paign born and raised
Posts: 5,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniJim20 View Post
What did Kelly say? I thought it was Brady Hoke who came off as arrogant withl his chicken comments

Meh, they're both a couple arrogant blow hards if you ask me. Although at least Hoke hasn't had problems within his program like Rape/Suicide and Killing the video kid...

__________________
http://youtu.be/i37uttMA6Mc?t=31s
Looks like it's the University of Illinois!
-josh- is offline Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2013, 07:07 AM   #8
Oskee Mayer
Oskee Mayer's Avatar
Posts: 259
Negative. Hoke is awesome.
Oskee Mayer is offline Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »
Thread Tools

Forum Jump