Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Alabama players accused of using Deer Antler Spray before the National Championship

Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Leonardite
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...rs-use-product

So easy.
So easy.
So easy.

"Frank Williams putting on a show passing the rock! Driving, Drawing, and Dishing the rock! The three D's man!" --- The Frank Williams Show
Leonardite is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:14 AM   #2
Illinnoying Orange
Sad --- but not at all surprising.
Illinnoying Orange is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:49 AM   #3
pizzaman
When I heard about this my first thought was just how does someone manage to get the velvet off the growing antlers of a mature buck? Could well trained does in heat talk the bucks into giving it up? Talk about a hazardous occupation. And who first thought of using the velvet from buck antlers? What else did they try?..................................I have endless questions concerning this phenomenon.
pizzaman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:54 AM   #4
Oskee Mayer
There used to be an elk farm near here that exported antler fuzz to China. I want to say it was used as an aphrodesiac, but maybe they gave it to Yao Ming!
Oskee Mayer is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 04:55 PM   #5
ILLINISTU
I'm curious about the results. The Johns Hopkins prof disputed benefits from taking orally, and yet this Key claims the stuff works and guys are wanting more. I heard you can buy it for(from) a couple bucks.:laugh:

Old Jan 30, 2013, 09:55 PM   #6
whitey19
Well played STU but I heard it took a ton of DOE to get it
whitey19 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:58 AM   #7
champaignchris
Oh deer!
champaignchris is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:06 AM   #8
BluesBro
What the buck?
BluesBro is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:20 AM   #9
IlliniFan1988
Banned
Ray Lewis, Vijay Singh, and now Bama. Interesting. Just a matter of time before more names come out in other sports as well.
IlliniFan1988 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:44 AM   #10
Sybok
So this is the reason Alabama crushed Notre Dame! Not.
Sybok is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:26 PM   #11
Leonardite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybok View Post
So this is the reason Alabama crushed Notre Dame! Not.
If I read the article correctly, the salesman sold the antler spray before the 2012 title game vs LSU. Not this years title.

So easy.
So easy.
So easy.

"Frank Williams putting on a show passing the rock! Driving, Drawing, and Dishing the rock! The three D's man!" --- The Frank Williams Show
Leonardite is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:41 PM   #12
GilThorpe
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan1988 View Post
Ray Lewis, Vijay Singh, and now Bama. Interesting. Just a matter of time before more names come out in other sports as well.
one can only imagine the crap that is being peddled and purchased in parking lots of student-athletes apt blgs and to pro athletes as well. All from the trunk of some guys car.

you can safely assume its being done everywhere by more athletes we care to guess. It will go on until one can figure out a test to detect it, and then its on to the next substance --- snake oil has been sold since the beginning of time and always will be.
GilThorpe is offline Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:43 PM   #13
IlliniFan1988
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by GilThorpe View Post
one can only imagine the crap that is being peddled and purchased in parking lots of student-athletes apt blgs and to pro athletes as well. All from the trunk of some guys car.

you can safely assume its being done everywhere by more athletes we care to guess. It will go on until one can figure out a test to detect it, and then its on to the next substance --- snake oil has been sold since the beginning of time and always will be.
No question. Technology can have scary things associated with it. This could be considered one of those things. As long as someone is competitive and looking to get ahead, things like this will continue. No testing or punishment will stop every single person from trying to get a competitive edge at all costs.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 07:47 AM   #14
sebum
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlliniFan1988 View Post
And, yes, this is the only time one will mention Vijay Singh in the same sentence as Ray Lewis and a major college football program.
sebum is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2013, 01:34 PM   #15
IlliniFan1988
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by sebum View Post
And, yes, this is the only time one will mention Vijay Singh in the same sentence as Ray Lewis and a major college football program.
Yep. Who would have thought?
Old Feb 2, 2013, 10:40 PM   #16
RHITIllini
Manti Te'o's girlfriend was still a hoax
RHITIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2013, 10:03 PM   #17
steman732
Big deal.

There would be a huge public outcry if they ever found out the % of high major college and professional athletes who use performance enhancing drugs.

People are very naive.
steman732 is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »