Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Football

Big Ten open to November night games

Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Dan
Admin
Good.
Quote:
Delany said Penn State, Nebraska and Ohio State are among the schools that have been pushing for more games under the lights.

"We've been very supportive of night games," Delany said. "We've gone from zero to 15, and our television partners like them if it's the right game. ...

"So there seems to be more of an openness to open that window on the game-day experience, whether it's in November or October. We won't stand in the way. We just have to figure out the best way to do it, but I think there's value there."

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/...er-night-games
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:20 PM   #2
trevdv
Good. I'm glad that Delany has graciously decided to extend the Big Ten's curfew past 3:30 PM.

trevdv is offline Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 10:54 PM   #3
AzIlliniFan
Nothing wrong with night games. As long as they are earlier in the season, before the Big Chill sets in for all/most B1G schools. Not sure I'd enjoy an evening game in Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, or East Lansing, in December!
AzIlliniFan is online now Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:52 AM   #4
Illinnoying Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzIlliniFan View Post
Not sure I'd enjoy an evening game in Ann Arbor, Minneapolis, or East Lansing, in December!
Not sure you'll ever have to worry much about that since the Big 10 teams are typically done with their schedules by Thanksgiving weekend. Except for the Big 10 Championship game, which is played early in December in an indoor stadium!

The weather usually doesnt get too chippy until later in December or January. So I think the late season night games (particularly involving contending teams) will add to the fun.
Illinnoying Orange is offline Reply With Quote

« Previous Thread | Fighting Illini Football | Next Thread »