Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

2017 Basketball Transfer Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old Mar 15, 2017, 06:17 PM   #1
GBPillini
GBPillini's Avatar
Posts: 194
Looks like transfer season is starting.

Quote:
Stanford's Malcolm Allen will graduate and transfer, per his twitter page. Immediately eligible for next season.
https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...67353576177664
GBPillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2017, 02:01 PM   #2
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Posts: 12,926
Quote:
@jeffborzello
New Mexico guard Elijah Brown will graduate and transfer, per the school. Averaged 18.8 points this season.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:00 PM   #3
GBPillini
GBPillini's Avatar
Posts: 194
Virginia with a couple transfers today.

Quote:
Virginia’s Jarred Reuter will transfer, sources told ESPN. Averaged 3.8 points and 2.2 boards in a little more than 10 minutes per game.
Quote:
Virginia’s Marial Shayok will transfer. Averaged 8.9 points this past season.
https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN
GBPillini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:02 PM   #4
WesterveltVictoryCigar
Posts: 12,926
Shayok is a junior and would have been their leading returning scorer, so a little surprising.
WesterveltVictoryCigar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM   #5
peoriabball13
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Shayok is a junior and would have been their leading returning scorer, so a little surprising.

Beat me to it. Yah I like this kids game. He can shoot the rock. Offense would definitely revolve around him. Maybe some Tony Bennett news??? Indianers next coach??
peoriabball13 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM   #6
HR217
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by WesterveltVictoryCigar View Post
Shayok is a junior and would have been their leading returning scorer, so a little surprising.
Probbaly doesn't want to spend another minute in that offense
HR217 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM   #7
Second and Chalmers
Second and Chalmers's Avatar
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR217 View Post
Probbaly doesn't want to spend another minute in that offense
Yeah, winning must suck
Second and Chalmers is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #8
HR217
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second and Chalmers View Post
Yeah, winning must suck
If there is a less exciting way to win than they do I can't think of it. Kids want to showcase their offensive talents for their NBA hopes. Not happening in that system.
HR217 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:26 PM   #9
Second and Chalmers
Second and Chalmers's Avatar
Posts: 6,533
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR217 View Post
If there is a less exciting way to win than they do I can't think of it. Kids want to showcase their offensive talents for their NBA hopes. Not happening in that system.
Justin Anderson, Malcolm Brogdon, and some guy by the name of Klay Thompson might disagree.
Second and Chalmers is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:33 PM   #10
BananaShampoo
Captain 'Paign
BananaShampoo's Avatar
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 9,357
Winning a lot and getting exposure through making the NCAA tournament showcases talent just fine, even in the most boring offensive systems. Ask Wiscy players like John Leuer or Frank Kaminsky.

__________________
C-U/UIUC Historian and Lover of all Things Illini
BananaShampoo is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM   #11
RichBradIllini
RichBradIllini's Avatar
Location: Peoria
Posts: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaShampoo View Post
Winning a lot and getting exposure through making the NCAA tournament showcases talent just fine, even in the most boring offensive systems. Ask Wiscy players like John Leuer or Frank Kaminsky.
Some people might call Wisconsin BB boring....I call it a thing of beauty.
RichBradIllini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:48 PM   #12
HR217
Posts: 20
I don't disagree with any of that. I just hate that slow, ugly offense. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
HR217 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM   #13
Foggy Notion
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 924
Quote:
Originally Posted by HR217 View Post
I don't disagree with any of that. I just hate that slow, ugly offense. I'm guessing I'm not the only one.
You're not.
Foggy Notion is offline Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM   #14
StateFarmCenter
Posts: 765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Second and Chalmers View Post
Justin Anderson, Malcolm Brogdon, and some guy by the name of Klay Thompson might disagree.
Brogdon was a 2nd round pick who may win rookie of the year. Not sure he's the best example of talent being showcased in college, though there are other issues there.
StateFarmCenter is offline Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools

Forum Jump