Old Oct 7, 2017, 01:06 PM   #1
Dan
Admin
Illinois vs Rutgers
Saturday, October 14th
11:00am CT
BTN

Line: Illinois -2.5

Last edited by Dan; Oct 13, 2017 at 10:15 AM.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 02:14 PM   #2
dub80
They have been improving. This game should be a win and get us to 3-3. Hopefully we win and gain some confidence.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 02:51 PM   #3
BWBW
I think we win.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 07:58 PM   #4
mattcoldagelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWBW View Post
I think we win.

@mattcoldagelli

Old Oct 8, 2017, 02:01 AM   #5
lexwaldez
very nice

I think it'll be a good game to see how far we've come about half way thru the season. I'll be looking for pass protection and run blocking on the O side and our pass rush on the D. This should be a fun game to watch. I'm hoping for good weather and a win! It'd be very nice to see George get some confidence, hit some deep routes, and stay clean on turnovers. Let's count it down.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:08 AM   #6
1970 John
Rutgers sees us as their best chance. They're probably right. I see them as our most likely.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 11:50 AM   #7
dgcrow
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970 John View Post
Rutgers sees us as their best chance. They're probably right. I see them as our most likely.
Rutgers is getting two weeks to prepare for Illinois. Hope that doesn't help the Scarlet Knights any more than the Illini's two weeks for Nebraska.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 01:51 PM   #8
illini80
Perhaps the only team we will be physically superior to the rest of the way. Still have to execute. And make smart coaching decisions.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 01:58 PM   #9
BZuppke
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcrow View Post
Rutgers is getting two weeks to prepare for Illinois. Hope that doesn't help the Scarlet Knights any more than the Illini's two weeks for Nebraska.
They'll be rusty!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 02:46 PM   #10
1970 John
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgcrow View Post
Well, they've prepared for the wrong team, at least so far. After this game with Iowa they'll have to start from scratch.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 06:01 PM   #11
EfremWinters84
As Robert has been saying, "Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, etc., etc......"

We live with their mistakes, and we live with their inferior football bodies. I think we'll have to wait until next year for the occasional Big Ten win.

Rutgers 34
ILL 24

But I'm a huge fan of JGJ at QB!
Old Oct 8, 2017, 06:35 PM   #12
Fighter of the Nightman
I think we get a confidence boosting W!

RU 14
UI 28
Old Oct 9, 2017, 07:16 AM   #13
Dan
Admin
Line: Illinois -3
Old Oct 9, 2017, 07:57 AM   #14
ILLINIFAN2
So is Epstein doubtful for this game, heard is injured but don't know the severity?
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:37 AM   #15
Greensboro
We need to win this one, conference wins are always tough to come by & this is the best chance left.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 10:45 AM   #16
FT35
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfremWinters84 View Post
As Robert has been saying, "Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, Freshman, etc., etc......"

We live with their mistakes, and we live with their inferior football bodies. I think we'll have to wait until next year for the occasional Big Ten win.

Rutgers 34
ILL 24

Illinois may not win but I would hope the defense can hold Rutgers to fewer than 34 points, unless you are attributing a number of these points to JGJ turnovers. Except for the Morgan State game, Rutgers has not scored more than 17 points against anyone, including Eastern Michigan.

It will be interesting to see who the QB for Rutgers will be. Bolin really struggled last week and Lewis threw a couple of interceptions. Rescigno actually came off the bench last year against Illinois and had Rutgers moving the ball pretty well until the pick 6 by Mosely.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:42 PM   #17
Dan
Admin
Lovie previews Rutgers

https://twitter.com/srrichey

Quote:
Lovie: We did make progress last week. Same result, but we made progress. We're getting players valuable reps. #Illini

Lovie: Nick (Allegretti) played outstanding ball. Probably the best game he's played here in our program. #Illini

Lovie: Receivers, we got them all involved. Jeff did a great job of delivering the ball to a lot of different guys. #Illini

Lovie: It takes all three phases to win. Mishaps with our special teams cost us. We'll tighten up those things. #Illini

Lovie: Tony Adams won't practice (Tuesday). Same with Mike Epstein. Don't know how long the injuries will last. #Illini

Lovie: You need more than one (RB). You need more than two. Most of the time we'll play three. #Illini

Lovie: We do have a lot of young players playing, but it's not based on young players we're playing them and older players we're not #Illini

Lovie: It's just based on production. ... You have to keep moving based on what you see on gameday.Scott Richey added,

Lovie: Rutgers, big win for us going on the road last year. This year, offensively new coordinator in Jerry Kill. Good man. Good FB coach.

WR Mike Dudek talks the new-look offense with Jeff George Jr. at QB.
https://twitter.com/Schuster_Elias/s...55321219690502

RB Dre Brown appeared in his first collegiate game after missing two seasons, but was getting engaged more nerve wrecking?
https://twitter.com/Schuster_Elias/s...56955521863680

Last edited by Dan; Oct 9, 2017 at 12:46 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2017, 12:55 PM   #18
RedRocksIllini
Think this game actually shapes up well for us. Good game to have JGJ as QB - their pass defense has been (possibly) worse than ours. If we pass first, run second, we should be able to move the ball well. On the other hand, they don't appear to be a good passing team. If we can stop them from running, I think we can shut them down. Weatherman says it will be good weather for throwing the ball. Ill 34, RU 10 (they get 10 points as a result of our turnovers).
Old Oct 9, 2017, 01:05 PM   #19
Dan
Admin

Old Oct 9, 2017, 01:41 PM   #20
ILL_INI
Quote:
Originally Posted by EfremWinters84 View Post

Rutgers 34
ILL 24

And Rutgers plays ten true freshmen. This will be a good match-up for Illinois. Good as in both teams are young and really struggling offensively, not that Illinois necessarily matches up well with them.

Who has the #1 font? 1 1_ 1_ 1 1\I O 1 S
Old Oct 9, 2017, 04:42 PM   #21
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Game Notes

BTN: Cory Provus and J Leman

http://www.fightingillini.com/news/2...?path=football
Old Oct 9, 2017, 08:11 PM   #22
mycitymytime
I have to say that I love listening to Lovie’s coaches. They are teaching these kids how to play football and making them good young men. Well done coaches!
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:16 PM   #23
Illiniaaron
I would love to predict a win but just can't considering how poor the Illini have been the last three games. Rutgers is coming off a bye and played Nebraska much tougher in Lincoln then the Illini did at home. Just hope all the reps that these freshmen are getting starts showing up in game results soon.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 02:20 PM   #24
BananaShampoo
Captain 'Paign
I think these freshmen win their first B1G game this weekend, but not without making it interesting.

Rutgers - 20

Old Oct 10, 2017, 03:06 PM   #25
BRucks
Any word on Epstein?
Closed Thread