Go Back   Fighting Illini Forums > Sports > Fighting Illini Basketball

BTN Plus

Old Oct 30, 2017, 01:01 PM   #1
kcib8130
So, I have some time coming up to be able to watch the games that will be on BTN+. Can i get a gist of the circumstances here? I believe that i should wait until November, keep it through the month, then cancel at the end of November. I know there is one more game on that channel (Dec. 30th) but I can fathom spending another $10 for one game being aired. Kudos to BTN for trying to squeeze every drop out of the deal, though!

https://www.btn2go.com/packages?type=0
$9.95/month Illinois option

Last edited by Dan; Nov 9, 2017 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Added link
kcib8130 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 01:27 PM   #2
Calvin
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcib8130 View Post
So, I have some time coming up to be able to watch the games that will be on BTN+. Can i get a gist of the circumstances here? I believe that i should wait until November, keep it through the month, then cancel at the end of November. I know there is one more game on that channel (Dec. 30th) but I can fathom spending another $10 for one game being aired. Kudos to BTN for trying to squeeze every drop out of the deal, though!
Correct. I have BTN, and it really ticks me off that they would charge me twice for the same product. I looked at the schedule, and they have 5 games on BTN+

The opener with Southern 11/10
Marshall 11/19
Augustana 11/22
NC Central 11/24
GC 12/30

So yes, if you're going to give in, I would do November, then cancel any renewal immediately unless you absolutely have to have the 12/30 game.
Calvin is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 01:59 PM   #3
haasi
FIVE GAMES!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
haasi is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 02:06 PM   #4
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoria Illini View Post
Is it available on Apple TV? I saw chromecast and roku listed, but not apple tv. Anyone, Anyone? Bueller?
Only place to sign up for BTN Plus is the BTN2Go website-

Be sure to select the $9.95/Monthly Illinois option.

Last edited by Dan; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:43 AM.
Dan is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 04:32 PM   #5
jmilt7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
Correct. I have BTN, and it really ticks me off that they would charge me twice for the same product. I looked at the schedule, and they have 5 games on BTN+

The opener with Southern 11/10
Marshall 11/19
Augustana 11/22
NC Central 11/24
GC 12/30

So yes, if you're going to give in, I would do November, then cancel any renewal immediately unless you absolutely have to have the 12/30 game.
Remember, though, often BTN will replay these BTN+ games later, like the next day or so. At least I think they do. I know, you don't have the real live experience and I don't guarantee they do every single one. And often it is late at night or early morning so you may have to record it. Just a suggestion.
jmilt7 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 04:42 PM   #6
Chief86
They'll continue to not see another dime from me. What a joke.
Chief86 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 04:55 PM   #7
FC Illiniman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Only place to sign up for BTN Plus is the BTN2Go website-

Be sure to select the $9.95/Monthly Illinois option.

Once you're signed up, I believe only place to watch BTN Plus is on btn2go.com or the btn2go app.
Signing up soon, only way to see games for me, spend more than that at lunch.
FC Illiniman is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2017, 05:36 PM   #8
PlayAZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmilt7 View Post
Remember, though, often BTN will replay these BTN+ games later, like the next day or so. At least I think they do. I know, you don't have the real live experience and I don't guarantee they do every single one. And often it is late at night or early morning so you may have to record it. Just a suggestion.
The GC is the only one of note....leave unsubscribed until then and then sign up for December and then cancel as part of a new years resolution!
PlayAZ is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2017, 07:36 AM   #9
kcib8130
Thanks everyone! Hopefully it runs a bit smoother than my WWE network, that buffers all the time during PPV's!
kcib8130 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2017, 08:10 PM   #10
illini80
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcib8130 View Post

$9.95/month
Yep! We're all so happy with the money the BTN is bringing in, no one seems to stop and realize we are the ones they are getting all that money from!
illini80 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2017, 06:17 AM   #11
jmilt7
Quote:
I could be wrong about this. I thought BTN+ games are sometimes rebroadcast on BTN but I checked next week's games and didn't see any, not Illinois, not anyone else. So maybe I am misremembering. The Illinois Southern game is not rebroadcast on BTN at least not through Thursday, Nov. 16 according to BTN TV schedule. On the website it only goes through that date (only two weeks at a time are shown, apparently).
Old Nov 2, 2017, 07:26 AM   #12
schlagboy
Quote:
I could be wrong about this. I thought BTN+ games are sometimes rebroadcast on BTN but I checked next week's games and didn't see any, not Illinois, not anyone else. So maybe I am misremembering. The Illinois Southern game is not rebroadcast on BTN at least not through Thursday, Nov. 16 according to BTN TV schedule. On the website it only goes through that date (only two weeks at a time are shown, apparently).
Well, that is a bummer. I hid from the results last season and watched the replays on BTN. In the past we have had to ask for refunds due to poor stream quality, or lack of video for half of a game. Then there is the fact that you have to remember to cancel the subscription so that you are not billed more than twice. Alas, the things we go through for Illinois Basketball.
schlagboy is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2017, 07:34 AM   #13
jmilt7
Quote:
Originally Posted by schlagboy View Post
Well, that is a bummer. I hid from the results last season and watched the replays on BTN. In the past we have had to ask for refunds due to poor stream quality, or lack of video for half of a game. Then there is the fact that you have to remember to cancel the subscription so that you are not billed more than twice. Alas, the things we go through for Illinois Basketball.
Well, I would probably still check. I may have missed it. I have been known to not see things that are right in front of my face. And maybe the other games will be replayed. It seems in the past most of the BTN+ games were replayed, but not all (I am speaking specifically of Illinois games).

On another note. I cut the cord many years ago so paying for BTN+ is not the onerous task for me as for others who pay for cable. So I just signed up and noticed what I think is a new option, the ability to not auto renew. There is box that is checked by default that says "Auto Renew" or words to that effect. So I am assuming that unchecking that means I don't have to cancel. Of course, I will probably contact BTN and cancel anyway as I don't trust them to not auto renew me.

Last edited by jmilt7; Nov 2, 2017 at 07:37 AM.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 08:23 PM   #14
mdonsbach
Okay I just subscribed for the game. I can cancel my subscription now and it will still allow me to see all the games for a month right?

Old Nov 4, 2017, 05:39 PM   #15
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdonsbach View Post
Okay I just subscribed for the game. I can cancel my subscription now and it will still allow me to see all the games for a month right?
Yes, first make sure you've been billed already for the month.

To cancel: My Account > My Subscriptions > Cancel Subscription
Old Nov 4, 2017, 08:57 PM   #16
HC Illini
HC Illini
I have the amazon firestick and use Kodi. Has anyone ever watched BTN+on Kodi?
HC Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 4, 2017, 11:19 PM   #17
UIGrad03
If anything I’ve found Kodi to have less accessible content than it did a year ago. So I️ wouldn’t count on it. The live streams for games I did find last year were awful.
UIGrad03 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2017, 12:21 PM   #18
illini67
Quote:
It's usually 2 to 3 days later, i dvr them. all the btn plus are rebroadcast.
illini67 is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2017, 09:47 AM   #19
FiveStar
I didn’t see any rebroadcasts on to BTN for our games, but others are already listed. Not looking good and looking like I’m gonna bits the bullet.

2 questions:

1) do I have to watch live or are games available to watch whenever? I will hardly ever be able to watch live.

2) will I be able to stay away from scores/stats with the BTN plus app? I don’t want spoilers when I go in to watch.
FiveStar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2017, 10:17 AM   #20
ChiefIllini
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
2) will I be able to stay away from scores/stats with the BTN plus app? I donít want spoilers when I go in to watch.
The BTN app (not sure this is the same thing) has an option to disable scores for games to avoid spoilers.
ChiefIllini is online now Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2017, 01:00 PM   #21
FiveStar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefIllini View Post
The BTN app (not sure this is the same thing) has an option to disable scores for games to avoid spoilers.
Yeah I use that for the regular app. Love that feature. Hoping its the same for the + app
FiveStar is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2017, 09:03 AM   #22
Peoria Illini
FYI, I couldn't find BTN Plus on AppleTV. Looks like I'll have to get it and watch on the laptop.
Peoria Illini is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2017, 09:42 AM   #23
Dan
Admin
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveStar View Post
1) do I have to watch live or are games available to watch whenever? I will hardly ever be able to watch live.
Replay should be available later that night or the next day. I just subscribed and can replay a BTN Plus Oct. 25th Illini soccer match.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:31 AM   #24
The Sprouting Divot
Invisible and Bulletproof
Is every Big Ten team getting squeezed like this, or are we just stuck in the cellar of broadcast appeal due to a decade of slowly decaying mediocrity?

The waitress said, "We have stuffed mushrooms, veal-stuffed shells, white pizza, pasta, steamed mussels...." "Just keep it coming," Rick Majerus replied. "Would you like some veal parmesan?" "Yeah, we'll take five of those." The waitress walked away. "Does she know I'm not kidding?" Majerus said. "I hope she knows I'm not kidding."
[Sports Illustrated, 3/17/2000]
The Sprouting Divot is offline Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2017, 10:41 AM   #25
mdonsbach
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoria Illini View Post
FYI, I couldn't find BTN Plus on AppleTV. Looks like I'll have to get it and watch on the laptop.
Yeah that is what I as hoping for as well. I thought about playing on my phone and just air playing it to my tv but it looses some video quality when doing that.