1/10 Games

illini80

Forgottonia
Not much other than Maryland at Iowa worth noting. And Iowa is up 13 late in the first half. Road wins are huge in this league.

illini80

Forgottonia
Iowa up 18 at the 7 minute mark.

Wish I could remember who I heard today say Iowa was finished. Lol Does anyone get less out of more than Turgeon? Dude can recruit, but never been impressed with his coaching.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
I have watched Butler a couple of times and each come away impressed with how they play. Won @ Providence tonight. They don’t have world beating players but, they seem to play really smart. After last year I wasn’t sure Lavall Jordan would last there but, looks like he has it going now.

Iowa up 18 at the 7 minute mark.

Wish I could remember who I heard today say Iowa was finished. Lol Does anyone get less out of more than Turgeon? Dude can recruit, but never been impressed with his coaching.

And to think that Maryland was a 1 point favorite.

I have watched Butler a couple of times and each come away impressed with how they play. Won @ Providence tonight. They don’t have world beating players but, they seem to play really smart. After last year I wasn’t sure Lavall Jordan would last there but, looks like he has it going now.
Agree. I don't think they are a final four threat though. They have two very talented players in Baldwin and Tucker. Rest of guys are system players or young. Thompson is skilled but can't shoot. They are probably top 16.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Agree. I don't think they are a final four threat though. They have two very talented players in Baldwin and Tucker. Rest of guys are system players or young. Thompson is skilled but can't shoot. They are probably top 16.

My wife is a Butler grad (she was their during both the final four trips) so I’m a de facto Butler fan.

We were also unsure about Jordan after last year. But it seems he’s got Butler winning again and they look good! They have definitely built a program that has continued from Stevens to Holtman to Jordan.

I agree that they are a second weekend type team, and if they get some favorable matchups I could see them going further.

Their only loss this year is to then number 12 Baylor, at Baylor, and by 1. Plus Butler had the ball for the last shot and it was in Baldwin’s hands. He probably makes that shot 40% of the time but it didn’t go this time. That’s about as close to undefeated as you can get!

My wife is a Butler grad (she was their during both the final four trips) so I’m a de facto Butler fan.

We were also unsure about Jordan after last year. But it seems he’s got Butler winning again and they look good! They have definitely built a program that has continued from Stevens to Holtman to Jordan.

I agree that they are a second weekend type team, and if they get some favorable matchups I could see them going further.

Their only loss this year is to then number 12 Baylor, at Baylor, and by 1. Plus Butler had the ball for the last shot and it was in Baldwin’s hands. He probably makes that shot 40% of the time but it didn’t go this time. That’s about as close to undefeated as you can get!
I live in Indy area and have been to a couple of Butler games in prior years. Glad to see Jordan having success. If we ever had an opening, would have to think we would want to talk to him.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I live in Indy area and have been to a couple of Butler games in prior years. Glad to see Jordan having success. If we ever had an opening, would have to think we would want to talk to him.

I would want to see one more year before I took him. He is playing with the team Chris Holtman was wanting to put together in the last 2 years of his time there. If Jordan continues his success next year, he is the real deal.