1/13 Games

Evanston, IL
Miami in a tight one with Duke at the half. And Missouri @ Kentucky. Would be great if one or both of these squads could pull an upset

Edit: OK, just saw the UK / Mizzou score so Miami maybe?

Ohio St dominates Michigan at home.

Minnesota needs a home win against Iowa. They're 0-4 in conference.

Penn St kept it close the whole game, but Indiana pulled one out at home.

I could see Miami pulling the upset. I know Minnesota has had a tough stretch of games but with their resume it seems like they're heading to the NIT again. If they can't win against Rutgers in the next game, I bet their confidence will be lost completely by the time we play them.

Also of note: depaul trailing the Hoyas at half by 5. Myke Henry leads with 13 points on 6 of 6 shooting.

Kentucky beats Mizzou by 49. Miami leading Duke by 12 at the under eight.

Panama City, Florida
Miami up on Duke by 15 at the under 4 TO...that would be nice for us later on.

Panama City, Florida
Weird comment in the Duke/Miami game. "Duke must be dog tired because of a short bench". How does Duke have a short bench when they are loaded with McDAAs? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

Weird comment in the Duke/Miami game. "Duke must be dog tired because of a short bench". How does Duke have a short bench when they are loaded with McDAAs? Doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
+1. They and UK have the most McDAAs in the country, but Coach K is notorious for not trusting a deep bench and keeping his rotation short. He usually plays his top 2 or 3 players for 38-40 mins in contested games even though he's got so much talent on his roster. Odd strategy.

Miami literally jacking the car up and taking the wheels off Duke. Like an F1 pit crew.

Big win for Miami. Good for them and us.

And Minnesota pretty much had the same situation as us. Really tough start to the conference, but you gotta go at least 1-4 and hopefully 2-3. But 0-5 is almost deadly.

Decatur, IL
+1. They and UK have the most McDAAs in the country, but Coach K is notorious for not trusting a deep bench and keeping his rotation short. He usually plays his top 2 or 3 players for 38-40 mins in contested games even though he's got so much talent on his roster. Odd strategy.
And then there is Cal,

Brett Dawson @BDawsonRivals · 3m 3 minutes ago
Calipari says he decided after A&M he was going back to 10-man rotation. Hawkins outplayed Willis in practice.

Panama City, Florida
You would think that some of these kids would take notice and choose another school where playing time is more of a guarantee. Very odd, indeed.

Wheaton, IL
Miami destroyed Rat Face and the burger boys

It was a thing of beauty . Miami could beat anyone they want if they put their minds to it. How on earth they ever lost to Wisconsin-Green Bay and Eastern Kentucky is beyond me.

You would think that some of these kids would take notice and choose another school where playing time is more of a guarantee. Very odd, indeed.
Yep. Duke loses so many guys to transfer. These kids don't do their homework. Check some season stats for Duke the last 10 or so years, kids and parents. Coach K uses about a 7-man rotation, with his top 3-4 starters playing heavy mins, even though he typically has 8-10 McDAAs on the roster.

Duke goes down again and I once again giddy. 41 game win streak at home goes down. Good win for Miami :cool:
Helps our RPI a tad, and Miami, when locked in, is very good. Rodriguez is hot and cold.

OTOH, Duke's D is terrible right now. Gone are the days of slapping the court and taking D seriously in Durham, apparently. These 1 and done types see D as the time to rest up for their next iso play on O. NC St lit up Duke for 87, then Miami torches them for 56 in the 2nd half alone.

Decatur, IL
Helps our RPI a tad, and Miami, when locked in, is very good. Rodriguez is hot and cold.

OTOH, Duke's D is terrible right now. Gone are the days of slapping the court and taking D seriously in Durham, apparently. These 1 and done types see D as the time to rest up for their next iso play on O. NC St lit up Duke for 87, then Miami torches them for 56 in the 2nd half alone.
Speaking of their defense...ouch.

Brad Evans ‏@YahooNoise 18s19 seconds ago
Miami's final points per possession tally 1.23. Duke allowed 1.24 pts/poss in loss to NC State. Unraveling slightly on D.

Evanston, IL
If they can get in, look for Miami to go deep in the tourney. Rodriguez and Manu ?? are just tough. Both SOLID ball handlers and facilitators. And Gamers. Wow. They had at least 5 nasty alley-oops to Sherman and Jekiri as well...both guys that I wish were wearing IL jerseys this season. Frankly, I'm impressed with our guys for keeping it competitive at their place. Top 12 ranking after that performance?

Doesn't every team we play affect our RPI, win or lose? There is a difference losing to a Miami team outside the RPI top 50 vs inside the RPI top 50.
Yes, Miami's results affect our RPI so it's better that they win instead of lose, but the marginal impact on us is really very small. The fact that they played Duke is probably more important than the W/L result.

Top 100 is generally the cutoff for a bad loss, not 50. Inside the top 50 is more relevant for a quality win, so not relevant in this case.

And sure, there's the perception factor in that people will look at that loss differently, but given that Miami was also blown out at home by EKU, I think people will be more puzzled by the Cane's inconsistency. :)

Yes, Miami's results affect our RPI so it's better that they win instead of lose, but the marginal impact on us is really very small. The fact that they played Duke is probably more important than the W/L result.

Top 100 is generally the cutoff for a bad loss, not 50. Inside the top 50 is more relevant for a quality win, so not relevant in this case.

And sure, there's the perception factor in that people will look at that loss differently, but given that Miami was also blown out at home by EKU, I think people will be more puzzled by the Cane's inconsistency. :)
If anything, the Miami win over Duke just gave them a better chance of making the tournament, which means there would be one less spot for a team like Illinois.