1/17 Games

Garza chewing up Michigan again... Nice to see us having a shot at sole possession of 2nd place again tomorrow. For some reason I thought Iowa was also in the current logjam at the top.

Last edited:
The refs have to reel this one in a little bit. The T on Howard is going to be the start of them trying to stop the extracurriculars.

I am definitely just still traumatized from being at both the game in Iowa City AND at the United Center last year ... but we REALLY need to avoid letting Iowa hit too many 3s on us. If we can stop them from getting hot from beyond the arc and play lockdown defense, we can definitely beat them. I think Kofi can take Garza.

Garza chewing up Michigan again... Nice to see us having a shot at sole possession of 2nd place again tomorrow. For some reason I thought Iowa was also in the current logjam at the top.

Assuming we take care of business vs. the Mildcats and pick up the W tomorrow, that sole possession might only last a day. Rutgers plays Minnesota at home on Sunday, and I think they'll win.

In two games against Michigan this year, Garza had 77 pts on 25/44 fg and 21/26 ft. I bet he is hoping to meet then in the tournament.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Iowa is indeed in that logjam at the top. And while it's certainly difficult to predict, the 5 teams I foresee falling to the bottom are:

14. NW
13. NEB
12. IND
11. MIN
10. PSU

MSU stands alone at the very top based upon what I've seen. Spots 2-9 constitute the logjam. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out over the next 7-8 weeks!

Iowa is indeed in that logjam at the top. And while it's certainly difficult to predict, the 5 teams I foresee falling to the bottom are:

14. NW
13. NEB
12. IND
11. MIN
10. PSU

MSU stands alone at the very top based upon what I've seen. Spots 2-9 constitute the logjam. Will be interesting to see how everything plays out over the next 7-8 weeks!
Honestly, I see OSU falling before Penn State. If they lose today, that's 2-5. They're highly thought of given how they played in November/Early December. Not very impressive since.

Our story will start to unfold today. If we avoid that bad loss today and can secure one of those two next week....we'll be off and running.