1/18 Games

O$U has to be sweating a little at this point ... I’m not talking missing the Tourney or anything yet, but they were ranked FIFTH in the nation. This has far surpassed a “slump.”

Deleted member 17568

D
8 total fouls in 2:40. This is going to be a long second half.

BU looking better vs Holtsman and Miller this year. Both have higher ranked rosters. Liddell could have been with a winner.

OSU is a great example of the importance of holding serve at home. If they hadn’t lost to WI at home, they’d be headed to 3-4 today with all home wins and road losses like so much of the middle pack of the big ten.
Taking this further, there’s an argument to be made that Illinois is the best team in the conference right now:

- NW and Nebby are the two “not like the others” teams in the BIG
- There have only been three road wins this season against teams not named NW or Nebby
- Illinois is the only team to have one such “quality” road win AND to have held serve at home
- Wisconsin has BOTH of the other quality road wins, but lost a home game, which of course was to us.

Obviously, MSU has looked good, but in reality, they’ve just won at home and beat NW on the road so far.

Rutgers seems like a better team than either PSU or OSU to me. Look at the road wins for the best teams. Iowa going to be tough also. First five teams will be there at the end.

illini80

Forgottonia
DePaul up 10 at the half over Butler. PSU just blowing out $OSU with a minute left. Wow.

Terms up 14-4 at home against the Boilers. Make that 20-4....Boilers are terrible on the road and pretty tough at Mackey.

Deleted member 29907

D
Man, watching Weber constantly yell out instructions to his players like they were 6th graders just makes my head hurt. :rolleyes:

illini80

Forgottonia
Purdue down 12 at 14-2 after 6. So are B10 teams that good at home or are they that bad on the road? Honestly it seems more like the latter.

Ohio State reminds me of the Illini the first year under Groce, We were great until we hit the BIG and then lost like 8 in a row.

Man, screw FS1! :LOL:

First, Dakich (how do any of you like him?!) says Rutgers is his clear #2 team in the Big Ten right now, as we are tied with them in the standings and JUST BEAT THEM.

Second, at the halftime show, the commentators list all of the Big Ten teams ranked in the top 25 right now on the screen:

15 Michigan State
17 Maryland
19 Michigan
21 Ohio State

NOTICE ANYONE MISSING?!

Keep the disrespect comin', fools!

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
Their Kentucky win looks great. The Carolina win not so much I think they have to be sweating making the tourney

Yeah, I wasn’t buying that Holtman was failing at tOSU this year simply because he’s proven to be a good coach in the past. But sometimes doubt starts to creep into the minds of the players. The one home loss against Wisky is definitely what’s holding them back in the standings.

If they have another home loss to a mid-level team, I’ll consider them in free fall.

I wasn’t expecting it, but would really enjoy seeing Holtman tank at tOSU. (Mostly because tOSU cant have TWO dominate sports teams)