1/22 Games

Sure, we can beat them, but them sucking against PSU doesn’t make me any more confident. They’ll be in desperation mode against us now, and if Livers is back they’ll have some confidence they can win. Also, this might go from a signature win opportunity to a bad-ish loss opportunity. Really wanted them to win today. Oh well, let’s just take care of business anyway please.
They were in desperation mode tonight and got dropped at home. That’s 4/5, and not to be cocky, but maybe just maybe they’re not that good?

...but maybe just maybe they’re not that good?

Theory: the wins over UNC simultaneously caused Mich and Ohio State to be overrated and gave them a false sense or understanding of how good they are.
It's more complicated with injuries (Livers, Young) and some off-the-court issues with tOSU, but maybe Michigan and Ohio State were artificially vaulted up the rankings by some bias favoring UNC.
It turns out, UNC isn't very good without Anthony, and Mich and tOSU find themselves at the bottom of the big ten with Nebraska and Northwestern.

Last edited:

the national

the Front Range
Theory: the wins over UNC simultaneously caused Mich and Ohio State to be overrated and gave them a false sense or understanding of how good they are.
It's more complicated with injuries (Livers, Young) and some off-the-court issues with tOSU, but maybe Michigan and Ohio State were artificially vaulted up the rankings by some bias favoring UNC.
It turns out, UNC isn't very good without Anthony, and Mich and tOSU find themselves at the bottom of the big ten with Nebraska and Northwestern.
Nice theory and might be true. For me, I was waaaay more impressed with Michigan’s beat down of Gonzaga. The UNC wins by UofM and OSU were nice at the time but that Gonzaga win immediately got my attention.

does anyone in the B1G have a more impressive win?

Nice theory and might be true. For me, I was waaaay more impressed with Michigan’s beat down of Gonzaga. The UNC wins by UofM and OSU were nice at the time but that Gonzaga win immediately got my attention.

does anyone in the B1G have a more impressive win?

Not quite, but tOSU (#5) over Kentucky(#6) was pretty big at the time.

ISU is pretty terrible this year, it seems.

Yeah - and Bradley was down what are probably their best two players with only 7 scholarship players on the bench. ISU was chucking up 3's and hit a few early but it wasn't sustainable. If BU replaces Williams at UNC Wardle would be worth a look; he's done a great job in Peoria.

A lotta times you don’t go 50% from deep after missing a few games

True, but we're talking about their 2nd leading scorer and best 3-pt shooter. One would think getting him back will be a help to them. Still like Illini's chances even if he plays, but without him I like the chances even more.

illini80

Forgottonia
Yeah - and Bradley was down what are probably their best two players with only 7 scholarship players on the bench. ISU was chucking up 3's and hit a few early but it wasn't sustainable. If BU replaces Williams at UNC Wardle would be worth a look; he's done a great job in Peoria.
That seems like a bit of a stretch.

How in the heck did you even begin to think about a coaching move? People wanted to fire BU, now after a five game win streak, you have concerns about him leaving?

Now.....I've officially heard it all.

Well done.

How in the heck did you even begin to think about a coaching move? People wanted to fire BU, now after a five game win streak, you have concerns about him leaving?

Now.....I've officially heard it all.

Well done.
I'm just funnin' with everyone. Go BU (both Underwood and Bradley) and Go Illini.

Sure, we can beat them, but them sucking against PSU doesn’t make me any more confident. They’ll be in desperation mode against us now, and if Livers is back they’ll have some confidence they can win. Also, this might go from a signature win opportunity to a bad-ish loss opportunity. Really wanted them to win today. Oh well, let’s just take care of business anyway please.
Livers hasn't even practiced yet. That seems pretty doubtful. If he does play, make him cut all over the place with that bad groin. We handled them with Livers last time in any case.