1/22 Games

haasi

New York
Tonight in conference:

#24 Rutgers @ #19 Iowa.
Iowa favored by 5.5. Big game for both teams. Iowa has won 3 straight, Rutgers 2 straight. If Rutgers pulls off the road upset, would be very impressive. They would move to 6-2 and tied with us for second in conference, half a game behind MSU. If not, we keep sole possession. (If MSU loses tomorrow, we move into a tie for first . šŸ˜®)

Penn State @ Michigan.
Both unranked in the polls and fighting to regain some momentum although still firmly on the good side of the bubble. According to Kenpom, Penn State #30 and Michigan #18. Michigan has lost 3 of last 4 and Livers likely still out. Despite that, Michigan favored by 5.

Also noteworthy for others like me who hadn't seen this before: Warren Nolan's daily list of "impact games" for Illinois - games that impact the Illini's rankings. http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/team-impact?team=Illinois

Definitely looking forward to these two B10 games tonight.
The BTN has the best basketball in the country today.

Tonight in conference:

#24 Rutgers @ #19 Iowa.
Iowa favored by 5.5. Big game for both teams. Iowa has won 3 straight, Rutgers 2 straight. If Rutgers pulls off the road upset, would be very impressive. They would move to 6-2 and tied with us for second in conference, half a game behind MSU. If not, we keep sole possession. (If MSU loses tomorrow, we move into a tie for first . šŸ˜®)

Penn State @ Michigan.
Both unranked in the polls and fighting to regain some momentum although still firmly on the good side of the bubble. According to Kenpom, Penn State #30 and Michigan #18. Michigan has lost 3 of last 4 and Livers likely still out. Despite that, Michigan favored by 5.

Also noteworthy for others like me who hadn't seen this before: Warren Nolan's daily list of "impact games" for Illinois - games that impact the Illini's rankings. http://warrennolan.com/basketball/2020/team-impact?team=Illinois

It feels wrong but I'm going to be cheering for both Iowa and Michigan tonight. I'll cheer for Iowa because I want to separate from the rest of the B10 in the standings. I'll cheer for Michigan because if they beat PSU it will make our W/L look better when we play them on Saturday.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
It feels wrong but I'm going to be cheering for both Iowa and Michigan tonight. I'll cheer for Iowa because I want to separate from the rest of the B10 in the standings. I'll cheer for Michigan because if they beat PSU it will make our W/L look better when we play them on Saturday.
Exactly my sentiments. I think two home wins tonight would be best for the Illini.

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
A loss at Crisler on Saturday might now turn into a "bad loss". Michigan does indeed look bad tonight. I guess we need to keep in mind that you're never really as good as your best performance --- and never as bad as your worst performance.

Man, Michigan doesnā€™t look very good...we can take them in Ann Arbor

Sure, we can beat them, but them sucking against PSU doesnā€™t make me any more confident. Theyā€™ll be in desperation mode against us now, and if Livers is back theyā€™ll have some confidence they can win. Also, this might go from a signature win opportunity to a bad-ish loss opportunity. Really wanted them to win today. Oh well, letā€™s just take care of business anyway please.

illini80

Forgottonia
Sure, we can beat them, but them sucking against PSU doesnā€™t make me any more confident. Theyā€™ll be in desperation mode against us now, and if Livers is back theyā€™ll have some confidence they can win. Also, this might go from a signature win opportunity to a bad-ish loss opportunity. Really wanted them to win today. Oh well, letā€™s just take care of business anyway please.
I don't see any way it turns into a bad loss. If we lose, which I don't think we will.

breadman

Herndon, VA
OK, there you go. PSU over UMich. Good result.
Are we to believe that the road teams are now dominant in the second half of the season?

When it comes to Iowa, we need to take Garza out emotionally and get him frustrated. If he makes the mistake of angering Kofi early, angry Kofi is going to pull a full ā€œWarriorsā€ and come out to play, and we know how well that works for us