1/23 Games

Amazing how this board went from fire BU now to he should be BIG COY with a team tied for first.......
It’s actually not that surprising, just a few months before that we were also ready to fire our football coach, lol. We have PTSD as a fan base and it’s completely warranted.

This is the year we’ve all been waiting on and damn it feels good. The giant might finally be waking up. Let’s go!!

GallopingGhost

Denver, CO
Am I wrong to be too cautious about calling this team a conference champion just yet? I feel like we have had a pretty easy schedule so far (keep in mind no B1G schedule is easy so... relatively).

Id like to think we have a crusher of a back half.. play Iowa x2, Maryland and Mich St come to town, have to still go on the road against Rutgers, penn st, and Ohio St. indiana is no slouch either and they still come to play.

the pessimist in me sees we could lose all of those, plus one surprise... Please someone shake me and tell me it’s just my Illini fandom of the last 10 years talking.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
Our two loses are from teams right below us. We should have beaten Md.
Yeah. But we didn’t. MSU should’ve won tonight. OSU should’ve won tonight. They didn’t. Keep winning. Four seed. Sweet sixteen/elite eight. Good recruits. Ranked teams. Fun to watch again. I love it.

Am I wrong to be too cautious about calling this team a conference champion just yet? I feel like we have had a pretty easy schedule so far (keep in mind no B1G schedule is easy so... relatively).

Id like to think we have a crusher of a back half.. play Iowa x2, Maryland and Mich St come to town, have to still go on the road against Rutgers, penn st, and Ohio St. indiana is no slouch either and they still come to play.

the pessimist in me sees we could lose all of those, plus one surprise... Please someone shake me and tell me it’s just my Illini fandom of the last 10 years talking.
It is, but there’s nothing wrong with being cautiously optimistic. Heck, I’m just happy that we are probably (notice that I throw “probably” in there due to my PTSD) going to make the tournament this year, and the fact that we are currently tied for 1st place. A Big Ten championship would just be icing on the cake and a dream come true.

Yeah. But we didn’t. MSU should’ve won tonight. OSU should’ve won tonight. They didn’t. Keep winning. Four seed. Sweet sixteen/elite eight. Good recruits. Ranked teams. Fun to watch again. I love it.
I agree with this mentality and I think it's what BU has been preaching. Grow a bit each game. Take one game at a time. Prepare mentally for each game. Forget about Maryland, Miami, Mizzou. That's ancient history. We are in a very good place right now and should be looking forward only - but not any further ahead than this Saturday. ILL...

It’s actually not that surprising, just a few months before that we were also ready to fire our football coach, lol. We have PTSD as a fan base and it’s completely warranted.

This is the year we’ve all been waiting on and damn it feels good. The giant might finally be waking up. Let’s go!!
There is probably no better way to put it than this

Man, somebody give this dude a hug. Nobody should have to go through life living in fear like this.

Or the optimist in us can feel bad for all those teams having to play us. Iowa, twice? Feel real bad for them. MD, who lost by a point at their place? MSU on a skid?