1/4 Games

adogster

Scottsdale, AZ
So Anthony Cowan hits a circus shot to tie the game with less than 30 seconds in game. Today, against Indiana he’s o for 4 from 3. Figures

illini80

Forgottonia
Maryland hammers Indiana.
Iowa at Penn State
Missouri mucking it up against KY. KY with 3 points in the first 7 minutes.

Deleted member 29907

D
If we can't beat Indiana we should shut down the program.

Deleted member 746894

D
I was just coming here to post that same thing. These look like 2 well coached teams and it is a fun game. Garza is a freaking beast.

Watching DePaul against Providence, and man Paul Reed would look good in orange and blue. Just the type of player this team needs.

Anyone watch Iowa-Penn State.

Iowa play two big men Weiner (6.10/255 and Garza (6.11/260) They seem to make it work, what are they doing that we are now doing or are unable to do?

Both Iowa and Penn State played more intensely from start to finish than I have seen the Illini play all season. We need to get it together.

Iowa play two big men Weiner (6.10/255 and Garza (6.11/260) They seem to make it work, what are they doing that we are now doing or are unable to do?

Both Iowa and Penn State played more intensely from start to finish than I have seen the Illini play all season. We need to get it together.

Great point about the intensity. This team has none. That is why inferior teams look better and superior teams look way better. I watched Oregon and Washington the other night and I was shocked at how much more intense the effort was on both sides.

The difference is that Garza can step out from 15-20 and shoot it, he can get to the basket off the dribble and either finish or get fouled.

Kofi and GB are both back to the basket type players. That's all Kofi can do, GB has slightly more skill, but still doesn't shoot the ball well and he doesn't handle it well.

Oh....Garza is probably going to be 1st or 2nd team All American.

The difference is that Garza can step out from 15-20 and shoot it, he can get to the basket off the dribble and either finish or get fouled.

Kofi and GB are both back to the basket type players. That's all Kofi can do, GB has slightly more skill, but still doesn't shoot the ball well and he doesn't handle it well.

Oh....Garza is probably going to be 1st or 2nd team All American.

Plus TRank has Garza, currently, as the number 1 rated player in BIG.

illini80

Forgottonia
Mark Smith with another dud against decent competition.

Pickett has come down to earth his last couple games. Figures.
Tilmon with only 8 minutes due to foul trouble. Hard to believe as a Junior he still hasn’t figured out how to stay on the floor.

illini80

Forgottonia
Texas Tech wins big over Ok State. TJ Holyfield with 17 pts and 7 rebounds. T. Shannon with 13 and 5. Shannon playing much better than I expected.

Neither or our bigs can make a 15' jump shot consistently....that's the reason what we're doing doesn't work

I would agree IL does not play intense,tough basketball start to finish. Tough on offense means cutting hard off screen even when u know your not going to get the ball, going thru ur progressions and not settling for a bad shot, not panicing when other team is making getting a good shot difficult. Illini, do not look like a team that will hold home court at this juncture. Penn ST. and Iowa looked better today and Iowa was without Bohanon and big man Nunge.