1/5 Games

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
Watching MSU play UMich right now. Lots of similarities to the Illini game. UMich can't buy a 3. Calls going MSU's way. Just food for thought.

Watching MSU play UMich right now. Lots of similarities to the Illini game. UMich can't buy a 3. Calls going MSU's way. Just food for thought.

Agree. Michigan has played much better in the second half than we did and now hit some tough shots, but haven’t been able to get closer than 8-9 points. They’ve looked to be tougher than we are in the face of adversity. But the way MSU is playing right now, not sure anyone is beating them on their home court.

The good takeaway: even had we played 2 complete halves of basketball, this was still likely an 8-10 point loss so the fact that we crumbled in the face of adversity probably didn’t matter much record-wise.

The bad takeaway: MSU went on a run and we absolutely crumbled.

Tourney bid is still possible, though unlikely at this point. We revert to the mean a bit on our threes and figure out our rotations a bit better and we’ve got a shot. Just about anyone can beat anyone on a given night. No elite teams.

sbillini

st petersburg, fl
Agree. Michigan has played much better in the second half than we did and now hit some tough shots, but haven’t been able to get closer than 8-9 points. They’ve looked to be tougher than we are in the face of adversity. But the way MSU is playing right now, not sure anyone is beating them on their home court.

The good takeaway: even had we played 2 complete halves of basketball, this was still likely an 8-10 point loss so the fact that we crumbled in the face of adversity probably didn’t matter much record-wise.

The bad takeaway: MSU went on a run and we absolutely crumbled.

Tourney bid is still possible, though unlikely at this point. We revert to the mean a bit on our threes and figure out our rotations a bit better and we’ve got a shot. Just about anyone can beat anyone on a given night. No elite teams.

Michigan has hung around, but hasn't really felt like they've had a chance all game. Everytime Michigan gets some sort of momentum, MSU is able to respond.

To be fair, Michigan is missing Livers. But Winston is also having a career night...with one of the best guards in the conference guarding him (Simpson).

Bottom line, yes, we it didn't look like we fought like I'd like to see in the 2nd half. But MSU is just playing really really well. I'm not sure if it's us not fighting, or MSU just playing well.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
So we lose by 20, and #12 loses by 18...I’m going to go way out on a limb here...MSU looks 20 points better than us right now. Let’s see if it’s the same when we play them again.

Michigan has hung around, but hasn't really felt like they've had a chance all game. Everytime Michigan gets some sort of momentum, MSU is able to respond.

To be fair, Michigan is missing Livers. But Winston is also having a career night...with one of the best guards in the conference guarding him (Simpson).

Bottom line, yes, we it didn't look like we fought like I'd like to see in the 2nd half. But MSU is just playing really really well. I'm not sure if it's us not fighting, or MSU just playing well.
I think Winston is a shoe-in for BTPOW this week