10/30 Games

jmilt7

Waukegan
Grand Canyon U had their first game yesterday (exhibition) against and at Montana State. GCU won, final 97 to 60
Michael Finke started, had 16 points, 1 rebound
Tim Finke played about 13 minutes, 2 points, 4 rebounds

Box score

TEYPAY

Springfield
if we are going to comment about the one rebound (and keep slamming someone who probably outperformed their ranking), then shouldn't we comment about the 16 points?

if we are going to comment about the one rebound (and keep slamming someone who probably outperformed their ranking), then shouldn't we comment about the 16 points?

Ok. He had 16 points and 1 rebound against nobody.

For real. He was a local kid ranked 200. IDK where the large amount of hate comes from. Expectations were big going into last season because of all the preseason interviews calling him such a great fit for BU offense. That's not his fault. Just seems overblown to me.

For real. He was a local kid ranked 200. IDK where the large amount of hate comes from. Expectations were big going into last season because of all the preseason interviews calling him such a great fit for BU offense. That's not his fault. Just seems overblown to me.
Hate? I think its probably a combination of joking and frustration he never became a better player, but mostly the former.

16 on 10 shots, 2/3 from 3, with 1 foul. I doubt we would have found a use for him this year. Kane and Giogri will clearly be better.

Freshmen vs Grad transfer is kinda a big difference.
No doubt, but there are numerous people here you think this team will be better without Finke, and I'll enjoy watching them twist like pretzels to explain their thoughts as the season progresses.

Most of us had no concerns about Finke's offense but good for him to score 16 points. I think he would have made us a better team but I would cringed plenty of times watching him on the defensive end.

Yeah, hate. As in they hate on him. They don't hate him.
Pretty sure Berg88's comment was sarcasm, cause that's a line you can't really disagree with, regardless of the rebounding numbers. The "hate" stems from him being a bad defender. Is it that unreasonable to dislike how someone plays defense, regardless of their recruiting ranking and home town? I don't hate him as a person, or as a basketball player overall (he would've given this team a lot), but I hate how he plays defense.

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
No doubt, but there are numerous people here you think this team will be better without Finke, and I'll enjoy watching them twist like pretzels to explain their thoughts as the season progresses.

Wonder how many points and rebounds the guy he was guarding had.

Pretty sure Berg88's comment was sarcasm, cause that's a line you can't really disagree with, regardless of the rebounding numbers. The "hate" stems from him being a bad defender. Is it that unreasonable to dislike how someone plays defense, regardless of their recruiting ranking and home town? I don't hate him as a person, or as a basketball player overall (he would've given this team a lot), but I hate how he plays defense.
It isn't unreasonable. But after reading that particular opinion a lot for the last couple of months, I wanted to voice my opinion.