11/21 Games

So now seeing Iowa State romp a solid San Diego State squad we have to feel a little better about this team right?

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Y'know people talk badly about AAU basketball and the modern young player development system, but holy cow there did not used to be freshmen like these Duke kids.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
Obviously, GU is not overrated, and ISU may be better than we thought. I think it’s just our team in the end...we are going to be up and down all year.

sooo we were a Trent 3 away from beating the new #1 team in the country (and we kept that game between 2-3 possessions most of the game). And lead an Iowa St team by 7 with 18 minutes to go that just killed a pretty decent SDSU team, Iowa St just couldn’t miss and we couldn’t hit.

Georgetown we didn’t have Trent; and they have length and solid players and should be pretty good.

We might end up with the toughest schedule in America.

We will be okay.

So now seeing Iowa State romp a solid San Diego State squad we have to feel a little better about this team right?
The only time teams play on back to back days is in these early tournaments, and the conference tournaments. Due to fatigue, anything can happen. Imo, it is silly to draw hard conclusions on such a small sample, so early in the season with so many new players, and especially from the ISU game. I could see how tired the Illinois players were during the Gonzaga game. They played very hard, and were not conserving anything.

UncleBob

San Clemente, CA
sooo we were a Trent 3 away from beating the new #1 team in the country (and we kept that game between 2-3 possessions most of the game). And lead an Iowa St team by 7 with 18 minutes to go that just killed a pretty decent SDSU team, Iowa St just couldn’t miss and we couldn’t hit.

Georgetown we didn’t have Trent; and they have length and solid players and should be pretty good.

We might end up with the toughest schedule in America.

We will be okay.

This made me think of Belishi groveling to Carrie Fisher under that bridge in Blues Brothers. ‘I ran out of gas, I had a flat tire, I didn’t have money for cab fare........’

Deleted member 746094

D
Growing up in Peoria and coming back after school I have been a BU fan as much as I am an Illini fan. Wardle has done a great job turning what might have been a bottom 5 program in all of the NCAA four years ago. They should contend for the MVC this year. Looking tough against PSU right now.

Growing up in Peoria and coming back after school I have been a BU fan as much as I am an Illini fan. Wardle has done a great job turning what might have been a bottom 5 program in all of the NCAA four years ago. They should contend for the MVC this year. Looking tough against PSU right now.
Good job Braves.

Tacomallini

Washington State
Bradley University and Brad Underwood having the same initials made this an incredibly confusing read for me the first time through. But definitely good for the Braves, that's a solid win.

I had a pretty lengthy conversation with Wardle last Spring and he's the right guy to lead BUs program. The locker room video they had after winning was awesome and I'm excited for the basketball team at my alma matter. I'm just not sure how long they'll be able to keep him.