11/6 Games

Tacomallini

Washington State
Tilmon is exactly the type of player (basketball skills) that we desperately needed.
Tough to tell based on highlights vs. Central Arkansas, but frosh. Nikko seemed to have a strong game too. Giorgi's got his work cut out for him in the Braggin' Rights.
Edit: stat sheet not nearly as impressive, lol! No rebounds, 5 minutes played, 6 points.

Last edited:

Deleted member 29907

D
Mark Smith with a flashy Mizzou Debut, but he will crumple once more against real teams.

He certainly isn't going to average 5/8 shooting from 3.
Basically sitting at the 3 pt line wide open and made shots - good for him, but better teams will defend the 3 pt line.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Mark Smith with a flashy Mizzou Debut, but he will crumple once more against real teams.

However, he will most likely improve on the 23% he shot last year.

Deleted member 29907

D
No doubt - he has the tools - and its the classic frosh to soph jump - so I'd expect him to be pretty good this year especially in an open offense. Pretty much all were high on him last year at this point - shame it didn't turn out, but I'll take Ayo and Feliz over MS.

Central Arkansas is one of the worst D1 teams, as in, SWAC levels bad. I take zero away from that box score. Mark Smith had a few games where he showed his potential last year, and only two were against teams of moderate caliber (Mizzou and UNLV). I'll believe Smith is the real deal when he strings together good games against real D1 talent.

Not only that, Mark Smith's greatest asset is his strength. He is not a PG, but if he can utilize his strength, get rebounds, and play some defense, with some shooting (does not have to shoot extremely high percentage), he can be very effective. Last night he played SG. His role at Missouri may be similar to what Damonte Williams's role is on the Illini.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky

Probably, but if clownzo plays him regularly how many points will he give up defensively ?

+/- has to be a negative unless he got hip replacements .....so slow in 1st steps and recognition of play around him...

JMHO

Deleted member 29907

D
Duke up 85-52 against Kentucky... :sick:
Its idiotic that Kentucky gets ranked so high at the beginning of the year when they play so many freshman.... They looked like mannequins on D in the highlights I saw.

Its idiotic that Kentucky gets ranked so high at the beginning of the year when they play so many freshman.... They looked like mannequins on D in the highlights I saw.

I watched the entire game. Kentucky is good. Duke was just dominant and the they have amazing talent. Too good and too much talent even for UK standards. Duke also plays a lot of freshmen, it should not affect their rankings.

I really would not be able to understand how anyone would not rank Duke #1 right now.

Deleted member 746094

D
[
I watched the entire game. Kentucky is good. Duke was just dominant and the they have amazing talent. Too good and too much talent even for UK standards. Duke also plays a lot of freshmen, it should not affect their rankings.

I really would not be able to understand how anyone would not rank Duke #1 right now.

I was thinking the same thing after watching both games last night.

KU was really good, but I just canā€™t imagine a team beating Duke this year. Those 3 freshmen played like seniors and the Jones kid looked in total control at PG the entire game. The talent, athleticism and willingness to share the ball was impressive to watch.

[

KU was really good, but I just canā€™t imagine a team beating Duke this year. Those 3 freshmen played like seniors and the Jones kid looked in total control at PG the entire game. The talent, athleticism and willingness to share the ball was impressive to watch.
Duke and Kentucky seemed much better to me than Kansas and MSU. Bigger faster athletes with skills. Just me or did everyone see it that way.

Deleted member 29907

D
[

How does a 'really good' team lose by 34? Assuming Duke is #1 and a world beater, that's basically saying Duke is 40 points better than everyone else they're going to play. Seen this story time and again - rate because of the name, rather than reality. Not saying they won't get down there or somewhere close by end of the season - but they were #5 at the start of last year and no where to be found at the end of the season. I don't follow them that close week to week - but did they lose a key player or two during that time?

... I just canā€™t imagine a team beating Duke this year. Those 3 freshmen played like seniors and the Jones kid looked in total control at PG the entire game. The talent, athleticism and willingness to share the ball was impressive to watch.
Today's hot take: Coach K is going to win the easiest NC ever this season and then retire.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Today's hot take: Coach K is going to win the easiest NC ever this season and then retire.
IF...If... puke staggers and starts losing a few games or has some injuries I'd imagine that ole bad back might flare up on ole Ratface...

Deleted member 8632

D

I recall a 21 point outing last year against DePaul.

Barrett and Zion are probably the two best freshman I have seen in college in the last 20 years. At a level like Anthony Davis and Durant, better than Derrick Rose or KAT or Ben Simmons.

Zion physically dominates like Anthony Davis and Barrett look like a quicker Paul Pierce....not sure how you decide which one to draft #1.