11/6 Games

Dan

Admin
Kansas vs Michigan State, 6:00pm CT, ESPN

Duke vs Kentucky, 8:30pm CT, ESPN

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Mark Smith drains first shot, a three, playing for mizzery in opener against Central Arkansas.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Make that 2 for 2 for MS on 3's. Looks like a different player so far.........early in the season......

foby

Bonnaroo Land
MS with 9p 7rb in first half. Braggin Rights will be fun.

Mark Smith with 17pts and 10 rebs so far.
Tilmon with 14 pts and 5 rebs.
Pickett with 7 pts and 3 rbs.

Not Good.

Missouri beat Central Arkansas 68-53.

Mark Smith with 19pts and 10 rebs.
Tilmon with 16 pts and 5 rebs.
Pickett with 7 pts and 4 rbs.

The 3 former Illini players/commits were the top 3 scorers for Missouri.

Michael Finke ends up with 10 pts and 4 rebs in a 79-74 loss to South Dakota State (longest home winning streak in Div. 1 - 21 games).

Younger Finke goes scoreless.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
Missouri beat Central Arkansas 68-53.

Mark Smith with 19pts and 10 rebs.
Tilmon with 16 pts and 5 rebs.
Pickett with 7 pts and 4 rbs.

The 3 former Illini players/commits were the top 3 scorers for Missouri.

1. I would rather have BU, than Tilmon with Groce
2. We have better guards than Pickett
3. Central Arkansas is not Arkansas

Not arguing with you, because you’re not doing anything but reporting stats, but I just don’t feel those three are anything to worry about yet. We’ll see if MS can handle our guards...he may be motivated, but I have a feeling we will be too.

Zach Norvell with 21 pts and 6 rbs early in the second half for Gonzaga.

Deleted member 746094

D
Mark Smith with 17pts and 10 rebs so far.
Tilmon with 14 pts and 5 rebs.
Pickett with 7 pts and 3 rbs.

Smith averaged 13+ pts last year through the first 4 to 5 games. Then it got hard and he disappeared. I hope he has a great career at Mizzou, but until he is putting up 15pts/6reb against legitimate D1 programs I think posting stats and saying “not good” is way premature.

Smith averaged 13+ pts last year through the first 4 to 5 games. Then it got hard and he disappeared. I hope he has a great career at Mizzou, but until he is putting up 15pts/6reb against legitimate D1 programs I think posting stats and saying “not good” is way premature.

Posting stats and discussing other games is what this thread is all about. Some people will feel it is not good, some others will feel good when Smith has a bad game. We played Illinois Wesleyan in an exhibition and felt "good" about certain players, and I am pretty sure if some player of our own goes for 19 and 10 on Thursday we will feel equally "good" as premature as it may be.

Last edited:
Gonzaga dropped 120 on Idaho State (79). Norvell with 23 and 7, pretty much all of them until early second half. Hachimura with 33 points.

Norvell is one tough player, always liked how he played at Simeon and now in college (despite the injury). He does not back down to anyone, big recruiting miss IMO (and he really had liked Illinois until we cooled on him as we had too many SG types, e.g., JCL, Nunn, Jordan, DJ WIlliams, etc.).

I hope I jinx them big time, but Duke is just too talented to the point that inexperience may not even matter.

I was interested to see how Zion would look. I watched him play a few times in high school. Obviously has crazy athleticism but many of his games were against short white kids. He makes UK look like short white kids. Insane.

Mark Smith with a flashy Mizzou Debut, but he will crumple once more against real teams.

He certainly isn't going to average 5/8 shooting from 3.

I was interested to see how Zion would look. I watched him play a few times in high school. Obviously has crazy athleticism but many of his games were against short white kids. He makes UK look like short white kids. Insane.
The term gets thrown around a lot in regards to top players, but Zion really is a freak of nature. I can't believe how fast he is. He is going to do loony things this year.