11/6 Games

foby

Bonnaroo Land
KenPom #55 Georgetown is losing at home to KenPom #254 Mount St Mary's 67-61 with 6:28 left. Things happens early in the season.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
And Georgetown goes on a huge run. They win 81-68.

The Cincy/OSU game is being played on a whole different level than last night's game.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
If anyone is watching this Arizona game... oof
Would be a hard game to gauge how good Zona is because not only was NAU 10-21 last season, but their head coach took a job at Zona as Associate Head Coach. So he would be in a unique scouting position, I believe.

TheAngryBavarian

Charleston/Collinsville
Miznoz beats Incarnate Word by 40.

Tilmon with 16 and 7
Pickett with 10 and 8
IDKWMSI with an 0fer and 4 rebounds.
Pinson with 15 off the bench

Deleted member 524120

D
Just watched Arizona on pac12 network. Wow all that talent and the man can coach. FBI tapes didn't get him fired and their already re loaded like top5 team. Makes me sick to my stomach. Gonna be interested to see the game. I have Zona by 15. Their defense is lock down and we'll have 25 turnovers!

sacraig

The desert
Just watched Arizona on pac12 network. Wow all that talent and the man can coach. FBI tapes didn't get him fired and their already re loaded like top5 team. Makes me sick to my stomach. Gonna be interested to see the game. I have Zona by 15. Their defense is lock down and we'll have 25 turnovers!

Debatable. His offense is utter garbage and he has gotten by on the extreme talent level masking his ho hum coaching.

Deleted member 524120

D
Debatable. His offense is utter garbage and he has gotten by on the extreme talent level masking his ho hum coaching.
He has a career winning percentage of nearly 75%. He has coached at Wisconsin, Xavier, and Zona. Ralph Miller, Herb Zendek, and Thad Matta are his mentors. His performance at Xavier as a Coach is what got him the job at Zona to replace Lute Olsen. Dude can coach. I don't like him or the fact Arizona has been paying players 100's of thousands for years. You can have the 5 best players on the court, if you cant coach em they will eat each other up and run over each other all day long. Cant stand the man, but he's a heck of a coach.

Would be a hard game to gauge how good Zona is because not only was NAU 10-21 last season, but their head coach took a job at Zona as Associate Head Coach. So he would be in a unique scouting position, I believe.
Zona very impressive. Better win Friday night to split road trip.

The Cincy/OSU game is being played on a whole different level than last night's game.
I am not sure what game you were watching. I attended the game with my son, a professor at OSU, and was naturally rooting for them (although I am more of an Illinois fan, as I was a professor there for 25 years and had season tickets starting with the Gene Bartow's season). OSU was completely inept for the first seven minutes and didn't score a point, while Cincinnati was hardly better, managing just five. Neither team could shoot the ball (Nicolls State may not be Cincinnati, but at least they had a player than cut put the ball in the basket when they needed it.... Cincinnati shot less than 40 percent on two point shots let alone three... late in the game, when they still could have won the game, they had a player shooting a completely uncontested three point shot who couldn't put the ball in the basket... OSU's best player last night was Kyle Young, which surprised everyone... the much-hyped Kaleb Wessen may well start at some point to live up to expectations, but was largely not a factor offensively except for two three point shots he made in the second half which helped to open things up for the guards... he did draw a whole lot of fouls :) including charges... Indeed, in the end, it was the 19 for 24 free throw shooting in the second half that won the game for OSU...

In sum, I do hope that OSU will live up to projections (as I hope the Illini do), but I do not see how on the basis of the first game for both teams one could draw any sort of conclusion as to whether they will or will not be really good

He has a career winning percentage of nearly 75%. He has coached at Wisconsin, Xavier, and Zona. Ralph Miller, Herb Zendek, and Thad Matta are his mentors. His performance at Xavier as a Coach is what got him the job at Zona to replace Lute Olsen. Dude can coach. I don't like him or the fact Arizona has been paying players 100's of thousands for years. You can have the 5 best players on the court, if you cant coach em they will eat each other up and run over each other all day long. Cant stand the man, but he's a heck of a coach.

I think you mean Ralph Willard not Ralph Miller. As someone who saw Ralph Miller coach the one year I went to Oregon State and whose high school coach played for Ralph Miller, I know a little about Ralph Miller and Ralph Willard is no Ralph Miller.

The Recruit

The Eternal Optimist
Denver, CO
I think you mean Ralph Willard not Ralph Miller. As someone who saw Ralph Miller coach the one year I went to Oregon State and whose high school coach played for Ralph Miller, I know a little about Ralph Miller and Ralph Willard is no Ralph Miller.

But was his name Ralph Miller? Haha. Sorry, I couldn't help it because I don't think I have ever seen a name used so many times in two sentences, which I think was your point. ;)