12/1 Games

KU vs Kentucky was interesting. Kentucky was a hot mess on offense yet again. Defensively, getting to the rim against them seems impossible, although the eagerness to shot-block left them out of position for defensive rebounding repeatedly. Basically, they're talented but played extremely undisciplined on both ends of the court. Not a huge surprise given their youth. Their horrendous outside shooting is going to be a problem for them all year.
Kansas didn't wow me either. At a certain point, you go - is this all there is to this team? If they could shoot, they would have killed the Wildcats, but they can't. Offensively, they moved the ball much more effectively than Kentucky but could not finish against the array of shotblockers inside. Neither one of them scares me yet. I think Kentucky is a year or more away from being a serious contender and could easily flame out in the first round of the tourney. The Jayhawks are a sturdy but unremarkable team, I think their ceiling is a Sweet 16 spot.
disclaimer - first time watching the Wildcats this year, second time for the Jayhawks.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
I watched MSU for the first time last night. They seem really reliant upon Watts to get their offense going. I'm not sure who else you can trust with primary ball-handling duties (and starting both Watts and Loyer is giving up a lot of size). If we can slow down Watts (a big if, I know), that offense looks like it would stall completely.

I watched MSU for the first time last night. They seem really reliant upon Watts to get their offense going. I'm not sure who else you can trust with primary ball-handling duties (and starting both Watts and Loyer is giving up a lot of size). If we can slow down Watts (a big if, I know), that offense looks like it would stall completely.
Enter Trent. Watts went off last year as Trent had other responsibilities.